Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

lol...his numbers are not 'off the chart' intelligence wise.
He has an IQ of 118. There's a good amount of chart after that.

I'm not even sure it means that much anyway. I was bored once and did a Mensa test. I scored high so they sent me another test which I passed. I got invited to a testing centre after that but declined as it included a fee. I really only did it for fun. My IQ was tested to be 151 and I often feel quite dumb compared to some others here. WS members probably score off the scale in comparison to TK ��

Sorry just passing the time waiting for 48 Hours which I can watch!! I worked my magic and have the TV hooked up to the computer and am watching it online. Yay

Are there a lot of other serial killers with a juvenile record that basically says "he's gonna be a serial killer)"?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The fact that the evaluations were released at all was very surprising. I guess it was because he was tried as an adult on the teen crime? Because as a minor, that record would normally be under seal I think.

Not that I am complaining, you understand.

I'm not even sure it means that much anyway. I was bored once and did a Mensa test. I scored high so they sent me another test which I passed. I got invited to a testing centre after that but declined as it included a fee. I really only did it for fun. My IQ was tested to be 151 and I often feel quite dumb compared to some others here. WS members probably score off the scale in comparison to TK ��

Sorry just passing the time waiting for 48 Hours which I can watch!! I worked my magic and have the TV hooked up to the computer and am watching it online. Yay

I agree! I've tested as having an IQ of 134 and consider myself FAR from a genius and have never considered my intelligence "off the charts". WS members always amaze me at their abilities on a daily basis. And despite my IQ number, I have never been defiant... actually quite the opposite. I'm a habitual rule follower. I do get bored easily but find productive ways to utilize my time. I honestly believe my IQ score has much more to do with the fact that I read A LOT than it does with any born intellectual ability. I also do a lot of those variety puzzle books, which increases brain agility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that him wanting to come home has nothing to do with being left alone.
I think he enjoyed being alone honestly. He could do as he pleased. As the neighbors said.
I think he wanted to come home because maybe he was abusive to him mentally, physically, and sexually. JMOO
BUT that is the only reason I think he would want to come home. That would be something that he couldn't tolerate at all.
His mama is just as sick as he is imho. I almost dread listening to her full interview! :sick:

I'm just wondering if he was given money to live that way... usually fathers like this aren't going to stock up the house with essentials, keep the fridge stocked, etc. I don't think Todd even did his own laundry... He may have enjoyed being left alone if well supplied.

I wouldn't put it past the father to be physically abusive. Either way, I believe TK initially wanted his father home, past that point, probably to keep him entertained. I don't think young adults necessarily enjoy solitary lifestyle... he basically had nothing to do (no mode of transportation) but to get himself into trouble.. boredom will lead to disaster... don't think he had an internet connection or computer like we all do now and he doesn't strike me as a reader. For all we know, there wasn't any television either... this could have certainly festered more depressive thoughts, dark thoughts, etc etc and reinforced his insecurities at abandonment. He certainly was excited as the prospect (initially) at meeting his father. I don't doubt that to be real.

Yeah ol' MA here is in serious denial if not something more nefarious. My IQ is above olv Todd's. My most recent scoring was above 160 and it was higher when tested in elementary school. I scored in the 99.9th percentile ol standardized testing and was 10 points from a perfect Verbal SAT score. I don't say these things as a braggart; I just want to note that being intelligent has nothing to do with this man's crimes. I am a normal person--a stay home mom and have friends. My emotional intelligence is normal. I think my is throwing anything out to see what sticks.

Oh, and if I recall correctly, an IQ of 118 is above average and the chart goes far beyond that. There are people who score above 180.

I just located a chart.... 115 - 124 is considered above average.
145-154 is genius and above 200 is "unmeasurable genius". If you google IQ scores there is a link via wilderdom.com that gives a good breakdown of all scores for those who are curious. ��

Oh and I wanted to add that my 8.5 year old devours encycopedias, almanacs and anything with a varied nonfiction subject matter. I did as well as a youth and I highly doubt my son or I are on the verge of becoming serial murderers. Haha.

Now my 7 year old son is still learning to read, he's better in math but is a more physical and demanding child. He has strong emotions though, good and bad, and is the sweetest boy ever. Both of our kids are very intelligent and they show no sign of life being harder for them nor myself... I'm fact I'd say it's usually been quite the opposite.

As with any good comes back and I have read studies indicating those of ve high intelligence [like 130+] are often more susceptible to mental health issues but I've never seen a link between high intelligence and extreme psychopathy accompanied by a plethora of personality defects of which Todd appears to be afflicted.

We know that the house was stocked with Coors, Jack Daniels and Coke, but I haven't heard anything regarding food. His dad owned a restaurant that TK worked at off and on, so it's possible that he was able to go there when his dad was out of town. At 15, I wouldn't think he was legal to drive, but the night of the rape he had retrieved the handgun from the glovebox of the truck parked in the driveway. Leaving a 15 yr. boy with TK's issues alone with alcohol and firearms is not going to end well. Especially, given that TK believed his paternal grandmother was an alcohol. IMO, not likely that it skipped a generation and could explain some of the abuse TK noted in his psych evaluations.

If TK did indeed kill in AZ (as mentioned in the 48 hours special by the SB widow), it's conceivable that it occurred between 1983 and 1986 when TK would've been 12-15 years old (since he moved to SC after his release in 2001). He could've visited AZ after his release and I can see him returning if only to carry out revenge. But I think it's important to note that had it not been for the heroic actions of a 6 year old boy (brother) calling the police, there is no telling how many more lives would've been taken in the 15 years years TK was imprisoned. IMO, the 14 yr. old rape/kidnap victim was terrified that TK was going to harm her family and may have remained silent in fear, but courageously held him accountable.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws...evaluation-madison-street-jail-1478284254.pdf
https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/todd-ko...ns-of-a-suspected-serial-killer-buried-truth/

I'm just wondering if he was given money to live that way... usually fathers like this aren't going to stock up the house with essentials, keep the fridge stocked, etc. I don't think Todd even did his own laundry... He may have enjoyed being left alone if well supplied.

I wouldn't put it past the father to be physically abusive. Either way, I believe TK initially wanted his father home, past that point, probably to keep him entertained. I don't think young adults necessarily enjoy solitary lifestyle... he basically had nothing to do (no mode of transportation) but to get himself into trouble.. boredom will lead to disaster... don't think he had an internet connection or computer like we all do now and he doesn't strike me as a reader. For all we know, there wasn't any television either... this could have certainly festered more depressive thoughts, dark thoughts, etc etc and reinforced his insecurities at abandonment. He certainly was excited as the prospect (initially) at meeting his father. I don't doubt that to be real.

The fact that the evaluations were released at all was very surprising. I guess it was because he was tried as an adult on the teen crime? Because as a minor, that record would normally be under seal I think.

Not that I am complaining, you understand.

Boy I hear you! Those documents are a gold mine. Thank you for charging him as an adult, Arizona! I know the case could be made that if he was charged as a juvenile, he may have had access to mental health assistance that he wouldn't receive in prison, but honestly, I don't think it would have changed a thing.

I think TK and his dynamics are going to be studied for a very long time.

We are reading and hearing the mother's take on life. Her unusual outlook certainly is one of the things that added to his disorder. The chaos and lack of love is another huge factor. I doubt if he felt wanted. How could he.

I wonder if any friends of "mom" advised her against talking to reporters? If so, did she just opt not to heed advice? More fodder for us to discuss, but watching her makes me feel kinda' ill.

I have been wondering why TK was using very outdated pictures of himself on his online profiles. I don't know how old the pictures are, but he looks very young and thin in them. Was he embarrassed of his current appearance? Did he think these younger, thinner pictures of himself would attract more potential victims? Did anyone who knew him in real life think it was weird that all his pictures were so old and outdated and looked nothing like he does now?

I'd like to see someone interview Dr Martig (from the '87 psych evaluation, etc). Even if he would agree... is that even possible (legally)?

I understand posting old pictures of yourself online along with newer ones. But he seemed to ONLY post very old ones. Almost as if he wanted people to believe that is what he looks like.

P.S. Posting on websleuths is becoming so difficult, I may have to give up. I don't want to, but it is very frustrating. It took about 20 minutes just to type and post my last post and this one.

IMO, he was indeed embarrassed. Even at 15, he referred to himself as fat and ugly. If he used the same pic on other social media accounts, I can see where someone may take it as being deceitful.

I have been wondering why TK was using very outdated pictures of himself on his online profiles. I don't know how old the pictures are, but he looks very young and thin in them. Was he embarrassed of his current appearance? Did he think these younger, thinner pictures of himself would attract more potential victims? Did anyone who knew him in real life think it was weird that all his pictures were so old and outdated and looked nothing like he does now?

IMO, he was indeed embarrassed. Even at 15, he referred to himself as fat and ugly. If he used the same pic on other social media accounts, I can see where someone may take it as being deceitful.

He used a very old picture of himself on facebook, linkedin, and I THINK on the TKA Real Estate site, but I'm not 100% sure as the site is gone now.

I understand posting old pictures of yourself online along with newer ones. But he seemed to ONLY post very old ones. Almost as if he wanted people to believe that is what he looks like.

P.S. Posting on websleuths is becoming so difficult, I may have to give up. I don't want to, but it is very frustrating. It took about 20 minutes just to type and post my last post and this one.
That's social media for ya lol. People present the version of themselves that they choose. I reckon most people on Facebook don't look as good in real life as they do on their profile pics.

As for posting, yup, I'm finding that often when I quote a post then suddenly my space bar doesn't work. It just types a long stream of letters and I have to go back and put spaces inbetween.

OT .... I am having trouble when I make a post, too. If I have to make a correction, it jumps into a different section than where I put my cursor. You might want to add your typing problem for Tricia to know we are having these problems. Be sure to add what type of device you are using, and your browser.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...your-Forum-Questions-**NO-DISCUSSION**/page13

FYI ... someone else told me to open a new tab (right click on the "reply with quote or whichever reply you use, open new tab, type post). It does seem to work better then. Might be worth your trying.

I'm thinking that in TK's world his IQ test results were remarkable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back