Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

I went back and watched as many videos as I could related to Superbike, and they ALL suggest a disgruntled customer. Everyone of them.

:thinking:

I went back and watched as many videos as I could related to Superbike, and they ALL suggest a disgruntled customer. Everyone of them.

:thinking:

If you read the book "Bringing Adam Home".. You'll see what likely happened in the Super Bike Murders investigation, Kadoober.

The Adam Walsh case set cold for over 25 years due to the detectives failing to develop the film of the luminol tests of serial killer Ottis Toole's vehicle even though he admitted to killing Adam to Texas Rangers during an interview in an unrelated case..

Miami Beach Homicide Detective Sgt. Joe Matthews, located the undeveloped film in FDLE's cold case evidence room 25 years later and had it developed. I met Joe Matthews/AMW, at a CUE Missing/Murdered Persons National Conference in Wilmington, NC, a few years ago.. His presentation was awesome. He verified that most homicide investigations that grow cold are due to perceived hypothesis, jurisdiction linkage blindness, and HUGE EGOs of lead detectives.....

BRINGING ADAM HOME book trailer
[video=youtube;rOaTl7s3J5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOaTl7s3J5Y[/video]

Maybe TK was not interviewed because he had an 'alibi'. One person comes to mind.

If you read the book "Bringing Adam Home".. You'll see what likely happened in the Super Bike Murders investigation, Kadoober.

The Adam Walsh case set cold for over 25 years due to the detectives failing to develop the film of the luminol tests of serial killer Ottis Toole's vehicle even though he admitted to killing Adam to Texas Rangers during an interview in an unrelated case..

Miami Beach Homicide Detective Sgt. Joe Matthews, located the undeveloped film in FDLE's cold case evidence room 25 years later and had it developed. I met Joe Matthews/AMW, at a CUE Missing/Murdered Persons National Conference in Wilmington, NC, a few years ago.. His presentation was awesome. He verified that most homicide investigations that grow cold are due to perceived hypothesis, jurisdiction linkage blindness, and HUGE EGOs of lead detectives.....

BRINGING ADAM HOME book trailer
[video=youtube;rOaTl7s3J5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOaTl7s3J5Y[/video]

I've read the book, I highly recommend it.

Sociopaths don't love anyone but themselves. He may hate drug dealers because drugs caused problems in his life but it will be selfish reasons like someone spent money on drugs instead of giving it to him or he was beaten by someone drunk or high. TK was not motivated by love for anyone else.

BBM Highly debatable by all current research. Most papers suggest that sociopaths and psychopaths can love both romantically and familial but not in a normal sense. Mostly, it's a dependent relationship based on manipulation and what they can obtain from the relationship... which, given the way his mother is speaking about him and his acts, seems to be pretty accurate. He's definitely been working the manipulation out on her...

I don't think I suggested that love was his motivation. In fact, I was trying to imply that hate is his motivation. He hates his mother's (possible) drug use. Its possible that he even hates his mother, although I think he also can't untangle love from hate when it comes to his mother...

JMO

Is there a thread on Kohlhepp that is best suited for posting general stuff like this? Thanks....

Is this true? Does he really intend to represent himself for the Superbike murders? (See bold below)

Kohlhepp, a 45-year-old real estate agent, is already charged with four murders in a 2003 mass shooting at a motorcycle shop — and “more charges are coming soon,” Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright says.

Kohlhepp has yet to enter a plea and says he will represent himself in court. He remains in jail. Law enforcement says three dead bodies have been found at his 96-acre property in Woodruff, South Carolina (about 10 miles from his home).

http://people.com/crime/todd-kohlhepp-south-carolina-serial-killer-suspect-more-charges/

Is there a thread on Kohlhepp that is best suited for posting general stuff like this? Thanks....

Is this true? Does he really intend to represent himself for the Superbike murders? (See bold below)

Kohlhepp, a 45-year-old real estate agent, is already charged with four murders in a 2003 mass shooting at a motorcycle shop — and “more charges are coming soon,” Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright says.

Kohlhepp has yet to enter a plea and says he will represent himself in court. He remains in jail. Law enforcement says three dead bodies have been found at his 96-acre property in Woodruff, South Carolina (about 10 miles from his home).

http://people.com/crime/todd-kohlhepp-south-carolina-serial-killer-suspect-more-charges/

Here is the general discussion thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hepp-Breaking-News-Latest-Developments/page37

He could have changed his mind, but last I read he asked for a public defender and one filed papers to represent him: http://wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepp-being-represented-by-public-defender/

That's social media for ya lol. People present the version of themselves that they choose. I reckon most people on Facebook don't look as good in real life as they do on their profile pics.

As for posting, yup, I'm finding that often when I quote a post then suddenly my space bar doesn't work. It just types a long stream of letters and I have to go back and put spaces inbetween.
Good grief I thought it was just me!!! I am having the same typing issue!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

View attachment 104615

I feel like TK's mother, in her youth, and KB and Meagan Coxie all share a very similar look. Does anyone else see it?
Omg I posted the same thing last night unaware of your post! Great minds! When I saw a picture of him with his mama it all made sense. So far, his victims resemble his mother a lot!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here is the general discussion thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hepp-Breaking-News-Latest-Developments/page37

He could have changed his mind, but last I read he asked for a public defender and one filed papers to represent him: http://wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepp-being-represented-by-public-defender/

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-accused-south-carolina-serial-killer-w450197

This Rolling Stone article lists his attorney as Shane Goranson with the SC Commission on Indigent Defense. This is the only place I've seen a specific attorney's name mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-accused-south-carolina-serial-killer-w450197

This Rolling Stone article lists his attorney as Shane Goranson with the SC Commission on Indigent Defense. This is the only place I've seen a specific attorney's name mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the name mentioned in the WSPA link I posted above too. I think People just had old info from before he got an attorney. TK's mother said in one of her interviews she was hoping he would get an attorney that would keep him off death row. So if he was thinking about representing himself, he changed his mind.

I was just thinking...I wonder if TK thought both girls were coming alone and because TK creeped them out, they brought their men with them. Perhaps someone has already figured this but perhaps he really was infatuated with both women (at different times) and narcissistic enough to think if he got them alone they could be his and of course we know what happens when he is shamed and made to feel the fool.

Kat9 I thought the same thing! I read CC went with KB because the friend she'd planned to take couldn't go. Maybe TK flipped out when CC showed up with KB. He might've thought she was taking advantage of him, thinking he'd pay her boyfriend too. Maybe he's not stupid but that doesn't mean he's rational.

I just went back and read my initial post on this thread, and it's kind of interesting to me, that I still think attention was his primary motivator, but the overall tone of his need has changed some for me.

Now that we have heard from mama, I can't help but wonder if she was so self involved that he received little to no attention on a day to day basis. The good things received no praise, no mention, but he learned quickly that the BAD things would receive attention. Not the type of attention you or I would think would be desirable, but negative attention is better than no attention, right?

There are little tidbits sprinkled throughout his juvenile docs that suggest to me that he did not relish being the person that he is. He's impulsive and overly sensitive and has a hair trigger, but he doesn't like that about himself.

Since he's been out of prison, he seems to be an overacheiver, and I think those tendencies have leaked into his criminal life.
I think he wanted to be caught. He went out of his way to create this list of very unsettlling Amazon reviews. They are created in these big bursts, loads of them on one day. He did the same on Charlies page. It seems to me as if he set time aside to create this online record for future reference, once he was caught. To give people something to pore over and dissect and discuss.

He seems to favor a relatively quick kill. And while I am NOT IN ANY WAY suggesting that KB's captivity was Ok, or was not incredibly traumatic, I am almost expecting to find that given the situation, that he treated her pretty well.
He fed her, he took her for walks, and I suspect she was given a bed to sleep in.

I think he has two layers of motivation in his killings.
The one he will present, which I am sure in his mind is perfectly valid - they laughed at me, the talked smart to me, they abused drugs, what have you. I honestly think that KB was his girlfriend, in his own twisted mind.

But his primary motivation is simply to BE A SERIAL KILLER. His kills are relatively 'clean' because he isn't driven to kill for the pleasure of it, he does it methodically to make his mark in the world.
He will be studied, LE will come to him for information. He will be all over the news. Those WS'ers will be going over every move he has ever made.
All eyes on TK, criminal mastermind.
No more laughing at his expense.

Truly, the sky is the limit for his potential murders. Every empty house he had a key to could be a crime scene. If he had access to a plane at any point in time there is another whole world of missing people that he could be responsible for.
I suspect he will slowly leak this information to LE over time, to keep eyes on him.

This is where I am with him - for today. All ideas are subject to change as more information becomes available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back