Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 7, 2016.

1. CD82

CD82 Active Member

Great post! I became a WS member because of Luka Magnotta, and he was also very attention-driven/seeking. He had THOUSANDS of YouTube profiles, and went on the deep web to talk about his crime before it was even committed. Sometimes the stuff I read about TK reminds me of him in a way. For Magnotta, he figured that ANY infamy (is that a word?) was better than none at all. Sounds like TK is the same in that aspect.

2. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It seems he's motivated by more than gaining attention, though. That's part of the personality of sociopathic killers, especially serial ones.

There also seems to be a strong sexual motivation. As the People magazine story pointed out, he likely has a very active deviant sexual fantasy life from a very early age. Over time, those fantasies escalate and eventually the killer decides to act on them. Like BTK, TK had enough skills to plan carefully and avoid detection. They control the who, what, when, where and easily meld back into their daily routine without creating suspicion.

In addition, TK was very adept with social skills, able to stay active socially, maintain friendships, etc. He wasn't the typical loner who kept to himself, at least not as an adult.

3. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

Oh I'm sure there is much more to it, Betty. The attention stuff just smacks me in the face over and over. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Jammyjo2000

Jammyjo2000 New Member

5. eeyorelrn

eeyorelrn Verified Registered Nurse

Every time I read what his mother has to say I think the same thing as you!

I also think she needs a good old swift kick in the pants to jar her mind too, but I digress.... Plus, I doubt it would work anyways...

6. eeyorelrn

eeyorelrn Verified Registered Nurse

CD82,

Completely off topic, but... DANGER MOUSE!!!!!!!

Brings back my kiddie hood!

7. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Good post -- the idea of planning and avoiding detection, being sociable, etc., and killing due to his rage against his mother's perceived treatment of him, remind me in a big way of Ted Bundy, another narcissistic sociopath. Is that what we have here?

8. CD82

CD82 Active Member

My fav!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

Right, I was so livid when I read that. I see, how nice of him to not murder the girl after he raped her. See? He's not that bad. It shows you how kooky his mother is.

I apologize if I am responding to this post so late into this thread... retroactive reading.

10. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

I don't believe they bullied him, but I believe he perceived some slight and exaggerated it when they paid him less mind than he'd have cared for. Everyone owes him something. He is borderline exhibiting high anti-social behavior. Borderlines are paranoid too - they can not stomach a tarnished 'reputation'/self-identity? (think Jodi Arias). Many of them become stalkers, deluded and identify themselves as wronged/aggrieved parties with intricate involvement in these victims personal lives. Granted the stalking aggravates into breach of private property often times and indicate far greater danger such as 'psychopathic' nature. All reject an individual's boundaries and elevate their victim's power over their own psyche. "She rejected me, she seems like the type to reject me."

11. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

The thing I kept saying to myself was, "they didn't know how to deal with him" translates as "they didn't want to even deal with him, period - regardless of whether or not he was 'challenged.' I'd think one would have to organize a way to have their child aide in communicating with you. Children are inherently 'needy.' They'll throw a fit. Regina sounds as if she expected to have him figure things out for himself. She can't be totally deluded. Even back then, there were 'unruly' children. More hysteria and institutionalizations, so it's not as if these types of children (and adults) were a societal secret. I wonder if she chalked up normal behavior as 'unlovable' because she's somehow incapable or short on love (due to work, other priorities, or lack of maternal bonding). They do not raise themselves, all children require work. The stepfather is also missing in this picture, I wonder if he possibly egged on adverse child behavior? To separate the mother's attention on son. You never know.

12. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

Sounds like she's preparing herself for the probability of the death penalty? I'm sure she can believe it, that's he's a bad person. Having him be held responsible somehow leaves her feeling she is to blame. IMO, she deserve zero right to restate the woman's boyfriend 'had a smart mouth.' Disgusting, the man was probably watching out for his girlfriend as he suspected she was the target of something insidious. They laughed at him - the bike murders? Ugh, Todd will be on trial here, I hope his mother is scarce during the trial, seriously.

13. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

:rolling:

14. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

IMO, when dependency is involved, it's not love. it's possession, control, etc. Psychopaths can feel, but they feel for themselves. That part of their brain can activate for mere seconds, and once the stimuli has all but disappeared, they are in their normal state. Is that love or euphoria? Predators get joy out of predation, period.

15. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

I'm replying to my own post, here is a link for an example of what some diagnosed and undiagnosed psychopaths/sociopaths say about this topic. What is love? A fleeting feeling? Or a durable feeling? By definition sociopaths can not feel. And since psychopaths are an even grander anti social personality, I personally find it'd be dangerous for psychologists to claim love is remotely possible. IMO, they'd be severely limiting the scope of love (or oxytocin/bonding chemicals) in these cases. JMO.. I wouldn't want to tell a borderline to pursue a sociopath because he/she can remotely 'love.' They have no need for attachments, they are 'attracted' to their 'objects,' fascinated, possessive, and calculating towards dysfunctional prey, bored by 'normals,' etc etc.

https://www.quora.com/Can-psychopaths-and-sociopaths-fall-in-love

16. Sensitive_Mindz69

Sensitive_Mindz69 New Member

Who knows for sure how long he has been killing...has he traveled to any of these other states where bodies have been found...does he have other dumping grounds? I think police will find more, possibly at a much more later date!

All statements are my opinion ONLY!

17. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Welcome to WS as I see your post count is this is first one so welcome to WS and thanks for joining the discussions.

:welcome4:

JMO
    I agree that there probably are other victims buried somewhere from past times.

At first I thought there would be many more victims. Now I think there will be some although I am beginning to think the number of other victims wont be as large as I first thought. He seemed to do things in waves and I kind of wonder that there were time gaps between his killings.

Like he may have gone through rageful episodes and then maybe settled down for a time.

So IMO only I am thinking LE will end up finding some other victims and maybe in other states even but thinking the number will be perhaps in the single digits.

LE has a lot of work ahead of them to carefully check out all the places he lived and had access to. Any location where he would frequent the area should be checked for possible buriel sites.

I think the problem though is LE wont just go digging or looking everywhere. Based on what we saw from them even on this current property it seems they dont start digging unless they know a certain spot is likely to have a body. So unfortunately I think they will need to see some evidence somehow that a particular place is likely to have a victim before they will go there to check. Not sure how they can get that sort of information unless he readily admits to more places.

We saw him lie to LE already in this case and only told of the other SB victims after he felt he was getting something in return. If he has felt that LE swindled him then he may not ever tell anymore about anything which makes LE job difficult now.

All neighbors from all his other places he ever lived need to think back of any suspicious movements and tell LE if they suspect any spots that should be checked.

18. Talullah

Talullah Well-Known Member

Years ago an FBI agent showed up at my apartment to interview me about a former neighbor (a guy). The agent said the guy applied for a job and that he was conducting a background check. I said I didn't even know the guy's name because he was unfriendly. The agent said anything would help so I told him he had one friend and bought several gallons of milk a week-odd for a single guy. I paid attention because something was off with the guy. I remembered things about a guy I never talked to years after he moved so I'm sure TK's neighbors could offer lots of information. i doubt the FBI sent an agent over 600 miles to do a background check on an applicant-not that I think the guy was a killer- but it gives me hope that TK's former neighbors are being interviewed. I'd really love to hear from any woman involved in a consensual relationship with TK.

19. thescreaming

thescreaming Member

This is exactly what happens when you apply for a job that involves a security clearance, although the FBI agents wouldn't travel 600 miles to interview people because they would send someone from the nearest field office, which in most cases would be within driving distance.

This\

20. sweetchristmas

sweetchristmas New Member