Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 7, 2016.

1. sweetchristmas

sweetchristmas New Member

I'm late in reading this thread so I apologize if this has been covered but I have to say that I am not impressed with this Sheriff.
    I thought he was very disrespectful to the victim, Kayla Brown, by telling the world that she was "chained like a dog." He could have given the facts (that she was found chained) without comparing her to an animal. Imagine trying to recover and lead your life knowing that people think of you as the woman who was "chained like a dog."
    For the rest of her life, when someone types her name into Google, that is what they will read about her.
    The sheriff seems smalll minded and unprofessional and the whole link between TK and the Superbike murders is suspect, imo.

2. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

I think they only gave him that diagnosis because medical professionals cannot legally diagnose anyone under the age of 18 with anti-social personality disorder, and he was only 16 at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. It's not illegal to diagnose ANYONE with a personality disorder at any age, really. It's more premature and indicative of being a poor practitioner. A more suitable diagnosis is Reactive attachment disorder and a comorbid conduct disorder. That's how you say a child is sociopathic, without saying they're hopeless.

I get annoyed seeing borderline diagnosed so much. It needs to be a more narrow diagnosis. They just hand it out like candy, even to adults, when they should just really say PDNOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Well-Known Member

Would a different diagnosis as a child helped him received better or different care? Also, does anyone recall the quote his mother made regarding her parents not wanting her to have children?

5. Perhaps. It certainly wouldn't have carried the stigma associated with an ASPD diagnosis. The brain doesn't stop developing until around age 25, so behaviorally, many of these kids can be helped. No doubt it would be VERY rigorous, but thats far better than being cast aside and developing a fully blown psychopathic personality.

6. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

She may have given him permission to say that. We just don't know.

7. formerjerseygirl

formerjerseygirl Well-Known Member

8. nanwv

nanwv Well-Known Member

Wasn't expecting much, had it on in the background. I was surprised, It was very good. Came from a different persective.

"In the series, filmmaker and investigative journalist Maria Awes got access to Kohlheep from prison."

“With the help of former FBI profiler John Douglas and Kohlhepp’s own biographer, Gary Garrett (used to work with Kohlhepp), Awes goes down a twisted path, talking to Kohlhepp’s family, as well as his victims and their families, uncovering early warning signs that might have helped stop a killer in his tracks,” the show’s website says."

9. nanwv

nanwv Well-Known Member

If you have interest in this case, please watch. New information from non traditional media.

Love for independent journalists.

You are brave and doing a service for humanity. Stay strong.

The public misses you!

Hatfield likes this.
  10. SassynOz

SassynOz Well-Known Member

How many episodes in this 3 part series have aired? I’ve never ever heard of this guy. So I’m intrigued. Going to look on Sling and see if it’s available on ID , I watch ID constantly but I somehow missed this. Probably because I’ve never heard of him so it didn’t peak my interested. I just don’t want to watch the last part if it’s in 3 parts . I need to look for all that have been aired.

11. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Hatfield likes this.