Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

My thoughts on TK. At first, when I read about his past rape, and of course knowing that he had kidnapped and held KB, I thought he was a serial killer/rapist. When he confessed to the bike shop murders it made no sense to me. It was like he was Jekyl and Hyde. Two different killers in one body with each having their own "reasons" for killing and raping and killing.

Then more details come out, and the girl he raped when he was a teen was a girl that dated a friend of his. I read in his comments on his FB page that KB dated a friend of his. He said this when someone sent him the missing poster on KB and CC. I wish I had screen capped his FB. So that makes me think he is kidnapping/raping/killing what he can't have. I find it interesting they weren't strangers that caught his eye, they were, if not friends, at least they knew each other.

Then more details about the bike shop murders came out, and it seems he knew them too. No rape here.

Since he opened the door and shot CC, it seems he was prepared and that makes me believe CC was specifically invited too and murdered on purpose, planned and not collateral damage. Maybe TK wanted KB and CC moved in and got her first.

He is a strange SK because he doesn't seem to just be a sexual predator. The bike shop murders seem to me to be getting even/revenge murders. I guess the rapes/murders are also getting even.

It will be interesting to see if any of his victims are strangers. I suppose even a stranger could be a get even killing, if they cut him off in traffic or bumped into him without saying I'm sorry at the store, but at this time I feel like the victims we know about right now knew him and had the misfortune of make the hit list.

Is it strange for a SK to kill people he actually knows? That's weird to me.

My thoughts on TK. At first, when I read about his past rape, and of course knowing that he had kidnapped and held KB, I thought he was a serial killer/rapist. When he confessed to the bike shop murders it made no sense to me. It was like he was Jekyl and Hyde. Two different killers in one body with each having their own "reasons" for killing and raping and killing.

Then more details come out, and the girl he raped when he was a teen was a girl that dated a friend of his. I read in his comments on his FB page that KB dated a friend of his. He said this when someone sent him the missing poster on KB and CC. I wish I had screen capped his FB. So that makes me think he is kidnapping/raping/killing what he can't have. I find it interesting they weren't strangers that caught his eye, they were, if not friends, at least they knew each other.

Then more details about the bike shop murders came out, and it seems he knew them too. No rape here.

Since he opened the door and shot CC, it seems he was prepared and that makes me believe CC was specifically invited too and murdered on purpose, planned and not collateral damage. Maybe TK wanted KB and CC moved in and got her first.

He is a strange SK because he doesn't seem to just be a sexual predator. The bike shop murders seem to me to be getting even/revenge murders. I guess the rapes/murders are also getting even.

It will be interesting to see if any of his victims are strangers. I suppose even a stranger could be a get even killing, if they cut him off in traffic or bumped into him without saying I'm sorry at the store, but at this time I feel like the victims we know about right now knew him and had the misfortune of make the hit list.

I've posted this before on the old thread but the theory that makes the most sense to me is that his crimes are all triggered by his attraction to a female who isn't attracted to him. He then targets the female and/or the person he perceives as his love rival.

With the first kidnap and rape he targeted a female friend who was attracted to his friends rather than him. The ploy he used to get her to come out was to say her x boyfriend wanted to speak to her.(He referred to her as HIS girlfriend in his realtor application when explaining his previous conviction...imagined relationship? or just downplaying his crime?)

With KB and CC in the (as yet unconfirmed) FB PMs he referred to KB as being the ex girlfriend of one of his friends from years ago. So if true, again he kidnapped his friends ex girlfriend but this time also killed her current boyfriend (The imagined love rival?)

With the Superbike murders, true it could be he was a disgruntled customer but it would make more sense to me if it was the same pattern and one of the Superbike victims was the boyfriend of a female he was attracted to, and the others were killed as they witnessed the crime.

The wife of Scott ,one of the victims, was originally from Arizona, where TK spent his teenage years. I read she was a homecoming queen so I imagine she had a few male admirers. Of course they may have lived miles away from each other and never met but I guess it's possible TK had known or seen her back then and been attracted to her. Or maybe he had only recently met and become attracted to her, then discovered she had a boyfriend and was newly pregnant . All speculation of course but that would fit in with the pattern of his other two known crimes.

I don't think it's particularly common but it does happen. I know I've already mentioned Pee Wee Gaskins several times already (& I promise I'll shut up about him eventually... or at least, I'll try), but he's a good one to reference for comparison purposes.

The majority of his victims were complete strangers he picked up on the highway somewhere, but quite a few of them were not. He killed a few people he knew but had been hired to kill, but he also killed people he knew for personal reasons. Two of his victims were his 15-year-old niece and her best friend. He overheard them laughing at his expense and decided to kill them both. He lured them into the woods where he beat and raped them. Then he drowned them in a creek.

After he was sent to prison, he killed a man to send a message to the others that he wasn't one they should mess with. He slit the man's throat while he was sitting on the toilet.

One couple hired him to kill the girl's ex-boyfriend but then tried to blackmail him by asking for hush money. They clearly weren't very bright and both wound up dead, just like her ex-boyfriend.

He killed one unfortunate girl after she laughed at him for trying to make a move on her. He sexually assaulted her, tortured her in horrific ways that are far too graphic for me to mention, and kept her alive for days before killing her.

One of his more disturbing crimes (as if they ALL aren't disturbing enough already) was killing his neighbor, who was 8 months pregnant at the time, and her 1-year-old daughter. This was someone who knew him well (or as well as she could given the circumstances, I suppose) and she considered him to be a dear friend. He killed her, and her children, for no other reason than the fact that he was a racist and her children were interracial. In his autobiography, he said he believed he'd done her a favor.

SKs like Gaskins kill for a plethora of reasons. Some are personal, some benefit them in some way (money for hire, to send a message, etc), and then some are for mere pleasure. Or to satiate "them aggravated & bothersome feelings", as Gaskins often referred to them.

People are just play things who only exist to be used, in whatever ways they see fit, at any given moment.

http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/donald-pee-wee-gaskins/

"I have walked the same path as God." - Gaskins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we'll have a better idea of his motives once any other victims are identified. If we have to rely on his explanations for his actions I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Eric Harris. Yes, I can very much see the similarities there...

I believe Harris' father was in the military, IIRC. TKs evaluation records mentioned his biological father having some military background as well. (I don't think it was extensive though.) Even TK himself indicated he wanted to pursue a career in aeronautics or the military. Perhaps his obsession with weapons stems from an unfulfilled dream of being a soldier someday.

Regardless.... Eric Harris, nail on the head. Megalomaniac who hates the world, and most of the people in it, in general. He thinks his dark humor is hilarious. He is above and beyond everything and everyone. There is nothing wrong with him, yet everything wrong with everyone else. He feels personally slighted and offended about the most insignificant things because in his head whatever it was is always about him.

And, Bingo was his name-o.

I can definetely see Eric Harris in Todd Kohlhepp. Same goes with Elliot Rodger. He was like Eric Harris, but with a more extreme entitlement mentality. Rodger comes off as a spoiled brat.

Both Harris and Rodger were extreme megalomaniacs who hated everyone. Harris came from a military family, while Rodger did not come from a military family.

No doubt Harris wanted to be a soldier. Rodger wanted money and power.

Lori Drew and Jodi Arias are extremely narcissistic without megalomania like in Harris and Rodger. More like along the lines of Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, and Diane Downs.

This nature or nurture debate always comes up in cases where people want to dive into what makes a killer tick.

We sure won't be resolving that question here. I appreciate those who have shared their own experiences with children who have been diagnosed as having issues. Your insights are so valuable.

Please remember that discussing TK and his childhood is not a condemnation of anyone. It is simply curious minds questioning - was TK born or made this way?

Nobody will get a satisfactory answer. But the question will continue to be asked.

Add to that the need to try and understand. It's human nature, we've been trying to figure it out for centuries. It's human nature to try and understand, that is why science exists.

Having said that, personal experience tells me all it is going to do is give you a huge headache and possibly indigestion. The brain is just far too complex before you even get started on nature v nurture.

Not saying we should stop, (in general not here) because like you said we will continue to try, and we should always keep trying.

I've lost my train of thought but I suffer from PTSD and related disorders and spend enough time trying to figure out my OWN brain and what caused it, as well as the people I try and help with my volunteer work. I must be a glutton for punishment, or I have a very strong desire to try and understand.

So he killed couples. This changes my profile of him somewhat... because why couples? Could this be connected to his parents splitting up?

These murders happened within 8 months of one another. I think he definitely has more victims.

interesting, according to wife of superbike victim, TK purchased one bike, came back to purchase another, and TK felt the people at the shop were making fun of him.

I can only assume this info has come to the widow by way of LE and have no reason to doubt that is what she was told. More insight into TK and what triggers him?

“His (Kohlhepp) motorcycle was stolen," Brackman said. "He came back to buy another one and felt like my husband and another employee were making fun of him."

Kohlhepp allegedly came back for revenge; killing Melissa’s husband, his mother and two other employees.

Her husband was shot six times.

“I know Scott’s sense of humor. He likes to joke. It’s hard to imagine that conversation would make anyone so angry. It’s disturbing to me,” Brackman said.

At the time, she was seven weeks pregnant. Now their son is 12 years old and says he feels he is missing part of him."

The above is a quote from the ABC article transienthearted posted. This tells me TK had a hair trigger temper and held grudges (some mentioned grudge collecting). He actually went back to kill these people just b/c he FELT they were making fun of him, when in reality it was probably a bunch of people engaging in good-natured jesting. Such a crazy, silly motive to murder four people. I believe if we ever know the true motivations for his killing of these couples, it will boil down to perceived "revenge" against someone/something that happened in his past. Also, so glad pregnant Melissa was not in the shop when this happened. She and the baby would most certainly not have survived.

Big ego. Not surprising.

He used a gun because he was an great shot, apparently. He wouldn't need to run after someone to stab them. I do think he was into torture once a victim was tied up. JMO

interesting, according to wife of superbike victim, TK purchased one bike, came back to purchase another, and TK felt the people at the shop were making fun of him.

I can only assume this info has come to the widow by way of LE and have no reason to doubt that is what she was told. More insight into TK and what triggers him?

I had seen in comments TK didn't like their 'banter'

Not sure where that info came from but this confirms it

He shot 4 people cos he couldn't take a bit of a joke?

Certain paranoid individuals can easily hear laughter around them and because of their own mood or thoughts decide that the laughter is about them.

Clearly from what is being reported he has told law enforcement that was his motive, but we don't really know that was indeed how things went down. Hair trigger temper indeed.

I don't think it's particularly common but it does happen. I know I've already mentioned Pee Wee Gaskins several times already (& I promise I'll shut up about him eventually... or at least, I'll try), but he's a good one to reference for comparison purposes.

The majority of his victims were complete strangers he picked up on the highway somewhere, but quite a few of them were not. He killed a few people he knew but had been hired to kill, but he also killed people he knew for personal reasons. Two of his victims were his 15-year-old niece and her best friend. He overheard them laughing at his expense and decided to kill them both. He lured them into the woods where he beat and raped them. Then he drowned them in a creek.

After he was sent to prison, he killed a man to send a message to the others that he wasn't one they should mess with. He slit the man's throat while he was sitting on the toilet.

One couple hired him to kill the girl's ex-boyfriend but then tried to blackmail him by asking for hush money. They clearly weren't very bright and both wound up dead, just like her ex-boyfriend.

He killed one unfortunate girl after she laughed at him for trying to make a move on her. He sexually assaulted her, tortured her in horrific ways that are far too graphic for me to mention, and kept her alive for days before killing her.

One of his more disturbing crimes (as if they ALL aren't disturbing enough already) was killing his neighbor, who was 8 months pregnant at the time, and her 1-year-old daughter. This was someone who knew him well (or as well as she could given the circumstances, I suppose) and she considered him to be a dear friend. He killed her, and her children, for no other reason than the fact that he was a racist and her children were interracial. In his autobiography, he said he believed he'd done her a favor.

SKs like Gaskins kill for a plethora of reasons. Some are personal, some benefit them in some way (money for hire, to send a message, etc), and then some are for mere pleasure. Or to satiate "them aggravated & bothersome feelings", as Gaskins often referred to them.

People are just play things who only exist to be used, in whatever ways they see fit, at any given moment.

http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/donald-pee-wee-gaskins/

"I have walked the same path as God." - Gaskins

Okay you've peeked my interest!
Falling down the pee wee rabbit hole!:thinking:

:eek:
THAT was his reason?
Welp.... That fits in with what many are saying about him being a revenge killer I guess. Injustice collector?
That would explain a lot too. Probably always felt others were talking about him or perceived they were at least.
His own belief that he was so great and powerful didn't go well with people making fun of him.
I do think he killed for other reasons too if nothing but a whim. But his punishing of females and holding them captive is so scary!
(I seriously hope they are looking into EVERY SINGLE property he had contact with within the past year to make sure there is no other victims alive.
Did he have navigation in his vehicle? Can they track his movements by that???

:eek:
THAT was his reason?
Welp.... That fits in with what many are saying about him being a revenge killer I guess. Injustice collector?
That would explain a lot too. Probably always felt others were talking about him or perceived they were at least.
His own belief that he was so great and powerful didn't go well with people making fun of him.
I do think he killed for other reasons too if nothing but a whim. But his punishing of females and holding them captive is so scary!
(I seriously hope they are looking into EVERY SINGLE property he had contact with within the past year to make sure there is no other victims alive.
Did he have navigation in his vehicle? Can they track his movements by that???

He had a pilots license, did he do a lot of flying?
Could they track any flight plans he may have filed (assuming he filed any flight plans)?
How long are flight plans kept anyway?

Could they track any flight plans he may have filed (assuming he filed any flight plans)?

I have a VFR Pilot's License, and TK would have had a Pilot's Log Book to document his flying time..

example: DETAILS
A great standard pilots log book, hardcover with gold embossed "Official PILOT LOGBOOK" on the cover. With a pilot logbook, an aviator can record his or her flight time, flight type, departure point, destination, VFR or IFR information and much more. For student pilots, a log book is essential for success. Without the proper logbook, it can be difficult to receive one's Private Pilot License (PPL). All flight examiners require proper documentation of previous experience prior to issuing a PPL license.

https://shop.browntechnical.org/pro...=24168286657&gclid=COaxlOSSndACFVc8gQodnncEAg

This BBM is not a good sign, imo...
http://wspa.com/2016/11/09/live-coroner-identifies-2-bodies-found-on-kohlhepp-property/

<snipped & BBM for Focus>

THE VICTIMS

· Meagan Leigh McCraw / Coxie, 25 -preliminary cause of death is gunshot wound to the head

&middot Johnny Joe Coxie, 29 &#8211; preliminary cause of death is gunshot wound to the torso.

They have been buried for at least 11 months.

More testing will be performed. The coroner says not all of their bodies were recovered.

Imo, TK has escalated and is likely a very sadistic sexual psychopath,

<warning graphic info>
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/articles/psexsad.htm

Psychopathic Sexual Sadists
The Psychology and Psychodynamics of Serial Killers

By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S. ... De River speaks of sadism as a compelling element in some lust murders; in others, arousal is not derived ... It is not uncommon to read of offenders who physically and/or sexually tortured their victims.

Good question!
Although at least around here there are "private" runways that "pilots" use and fly below radar.... so no flight plans. I have been curious if he knew of any properties that had private air strips. If the owners were out of town he could easily "borrow" a plane without anyone even knowing.
Another thing that I could completely see him doing is "using" a home that is for sale as his private getaway to lure people too. Faking that he owns the place etc.
Damn. That's a deep rabbit hole there! :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back