PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Toddler falls in 8ft grease vat outside a Denny's

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by zwiebel, Jan 28, 2015.

  1. zwiebel

    zwiebel New Member

    Messages:
    27,189
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    0
    The Scharenbroch family in Wisconsin went out for a meal at their local Denny's restaurant, and ended up in the hospital with their toddler after he went through a green cover in the parking lot, into an 8 feet deep pile of waste grease.

    The toddler's father, Dan Scharenbrock, managed to pull his son from the grease pit and hospital checks showed he was okay, aside from cuts and bruises.

    The city of Grand Chute, Wisconsin, where it happened, says making sure the grease pit is secure is the responsibility of the restaurant.

    Video at link:
    http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/nation...staurant/njydb/?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp
     
  2. Indy Anna

    Indy Anna Unknown Member

    Messages:
    4,496
    Likes Received:
    628
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Wow. Glad he is going to be okay. Glad it was not hot grease in the vat, which is what I first thought.

    I didn't know restaurants have grease pits beneath the parking lot. From now on, I will look where I step when I go out to eat.
     
  3. wendybtn

    wendybtn Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    4,488
    Likes Received:
    357
    Trophy Points:
    83
    I thought they were either inside the restaurant or in particular containers back near the restaurant's dumpster! Watch where you step takes on a whole new meaning! Glad the child is ok.
     

Share This Page



  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice