Missing pregnant Shannon Watts body found, athorities believe they know where the bodies of her 2 children are located, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Toddler Survives Ride on Top of Dad's Pickup

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by ajc2804, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ajc2804

ajc2804 New Member

Hall County, Georgia (WXIA) - It's a small miracle that a little 3-year-old girl is even alive after a perilous ride.

The Hall County toddler somehow climbed on top of her dad's camper on his pickup truck, then hung on for dear life when the truck started moving at 45 miles per hour.

The dad had no idea.

Christa apparently gripped onto the top of her dad's camper for five whole miles. Police said they found her off of Jim Hood Road, where she apparently let go of her grip. A passing driver said he saw her fall. But Daddy's little girl got back up and chased after her dad.

"She said she got tired and stepped off and fell," Carey said. "I didn't know. That's what hurt the most."

http://www.wltx.com/FYI/story.aspx?storyid=50662

2. Anngelique

Anngelique New Member

Oh my gosh! They are so lucky she survived. What a little trooper. Now how did she get up there?

3. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

if she is anything like my son was at that age she is part monkey.

4. Peter Hamilton

Peter Hamilton New Member

saw this on TV--such a cute and precious little girl, it sure is a miracle that she only got cuts and bruises

5. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

ok, they parents were very upset - of course. and so was the little girl. they were saying "we can't believe she thought she was in trouble." on the news broadcast i heard earlier.

ok. while i probably wouldn't punish her in this instance... she has been through enough! - if my kid was climbing all over my camper / vehicle ect... or doing anything unsafe (such as being out / near the road)... i would probably let them know that wasn't acceptable because it was dangerous (they call that being in trouble around my house! lol).

6. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

it is a miracle. what a father's day present, huh?

7. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

I felt so bad for that dad after watching the video, it made me cry! What a lucky little girl.

8. Texana

Texana Overreaching

Oh. My. Goodness.

What can you say? That child has a good guardian angel!