Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Discussion in 'LISK Unidentified Victims' started by bessie, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

Re: the pillowcase
    Saw this on ebay http://geb.ebay.com/geb/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=142126802537
    shows a pic of tag on pillow. Tag hard to read but can make out Ave of the Americas
    Then...Here is an article from 1990 New York Times, mentions Wamsutta

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/05/garden/a-luxurious-new-look-for-bedrooms.html

ETA: In the article they name the "vice president and director of creative services at Wamsutta". It was 1990 though. His name in article, didn't want to put the name here. Wonder if he is alive? Would he be useful to tell more about this pattern was sold.

2. JJBONES

JJBONES Member

I'm not sure if the origin of where the sheets were purchased will come to anything. There are so many possibilities of various stores, plus the possibility the sheets were given away to the final user or bought second hand. Also, they could have been from a twin bed, thus no missing second sham. Unless the exclusively made for Macy's is correct and can be traced.
    I wonder if the towel and sham were put in the tote to control and fluids that might leak from the body or if those were two forgotten items thrown in the tote after all the other sheets or materials were removed and/or destroyed. Just some thoughts.

3. DQN

DQN Former Member

You are probably correct, although a great find, too difficult to lead any where. Unless of course they were exclusively made for a motel/hotel or B and B with the actual name of the place on it. Or with hopes someone comes forward, a family member or whomever that is associated with the sheets. To add to list of stores that may have sold them, Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshalls (for over runs).

4. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

Agreed. Back in the 90's we had a few. But not as many stores as now.
    I remember seeing a lot of Wamsutta stuff at factory outlets. They may have even had outlet stores. I have to check.

There was an outlet store in Riverhead.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/springmaid-wamsutta-factory-outlet-riverhead

5. DQN

DQN Former Member

A few days ago I mentioned I submitted a potential match for Peaches to the Doe Network. I heard back from them and they said they do not believe it it has ever been submitted before as a possible match and it will go in front of the panel.

I submitted Sharaun Cole missing from NYC in 1983 at the age of 12.
    -Peached was found in 1997 25 miles from where she went missing in 1983
    -Both light skinned
    -The age would be correct :
    ----Peaches was between 20-30
    ----Sharaun would have been 27 in 1997.
    -When I zoomed in on the photo of Sharaun Cole at a young age it seems as though she had pierced ears with small gold earrings.
    -The toddler found associated with Peaches DNA had gold earrings. (Thus Peaches/Sharaun Cole had her own toddlers ear pierced as hers were at a young age). Not a big similarity, but you never know.

In addition I suggested to the Doe Network a subject that was being discussed the other night.....a list with the profiles of submissions of possible matches that the panel rejected and did not forward to law enforcement, so web sleuthers etc. would not be redundant in submitting possible matches that have already been rejected. Therefore we would be more productive in finding other viable possible matches. I will let you know what thier response is to this suggestion.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/86dfny.html

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. coffeeandacig

coffeeandacig ...

I'm not sure who is taking the lead in the queries to Wamsutta...

But, I also found a current way to get in touch with the former Vice President/Creative Services Director for Wamsutta/Pacific Home Products for the time period the pillow sham was in production. He's currently has his own business as a textile designer.
    I'm sure he still has an old textile portfolio, which includes his own/the brands designs from the 1990s. Perhaps, he can provide a picture of the complete bedding ensemble, which if made widely available to the public, could help? And also, perhaps he can provide a point person to find out distribution of the design on Long Island.

7. DQN

DQN Former Member

They are located in the Garment District on the west side of Manhattan. Of course they would have records and pattern design patents on the sheet runs, they should have a record of every design and when it was used etc.

[h=1]Springmaid Wamsutta[/h]

104 W 40th St
    New York, NY 10018

(212) 556-6000

8. DQN

DQN Former Member

9. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

Per the Doe network
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Detective William Brosnan
    Nassau County Police Department
    516-573-7000
    OR
    1-800-244-TIPS[/B]

Have you or anyone reached out to LE regarding your pillow sham discovery yet? (Not that LE has a great track record on this case). I would think they could follow up on it and talk to him? Or, Josh and Rachel. Not sure what best route is.

This company may be a version of the old Wamsutta but I have not seen Springmaid in the name before your post. I have seen Wamsutta/ Pacific Home Products. Are you sure it is the same company?

10. Baneone4u

Baneone4u Verified Insider - Brad Pierson

Records back them of fibers and thread counts for a specific model or product wouldn't be on a computer somewhere. Sadly maybe lost to time.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

11. Magdalyn

Magdalyn New Member

We bought our first Wamsutta comforter set in 1991 at a store at the outlets in Hilton Head, SC, that was not a Bed Bath and Beyond. Store was considerably smaller than a BB&B, only had bedding, maybe some towels. Was like a tiny outlet version of a Linens and Things...or an independently owned bedding shop at the outlet mall.

12. DQN

DQN Former Member

--Bloomberg has it listed as follows, that Wamsutta is a subsidiary of Springs Global US which is the parent company. Springs Global also lists Springmaid as a brand. The New York City Yellow pages has it listed as Springmaid Wamsutta. As mentioned Suffolk county had a Springmaid Wamsutta Factory store in Riverhead (Suffolk County). All of Springmaid Wamsutta outlets closed the end of 2007. The Riverhead factory outlet stores first opened in 1994, where Springmaid Wamsutta was located. The 2nd portion of the outlet stores opened 1997-1998 with high end stores.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=133752860

http://www.springmaid.com/springsgl...en.asp?idioma=1&tipo=46651&conta=44&id=173837

http://www.ny-companies.com/busines...res-companies/133190-springmaid-wamsutta.html

http://www.ny-companies.com/busines...res-companies/133190-springmaid-wamsutta.html

13. Dogface

Dogface Well-Known Member

Just thinking on this...is hunting a popular sport in that area? I know tons of guys(but I'm in Texas via Georgia) who have small campers, they take with them when they go hunting for a weekend. Lots use discarded bedsets from home or friends, wives don't often go in them, and even if there was blood it could easily be explained away.

14. DQN

DQN Former Member

Part of your statement could be true, but the design may be patented. I have a friend here in NYC that is a tie designer, she creates designs and patterns at once on paper now on computers, that are eventually put on ties. She has records of all her designs.

15. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree with all you say. When I first came across Tiffany on this thread I had shivering thought that parental abduction is perfect scenario how NOT to report mother missing. LE would be looking for villain mother rather then victim and if anything happened to mother "on the run" with baby hubby would not be their first suspect as opposed to if he reported her missing. It also spares him of making up any funky story how she went missing...

16. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

DQN as you have submitted someone recently, would you be so very kind to submit Tiffany Susan Westford as match suggestion for Baby Doe and Marie Catherine Dominique as match suggestion for Peaches?

Tiffany has been suggested too many times over the years, lets find out once for all! (her links are in my copy paste above)

17. Dogface

Dogface Well-Known Member

I have a possible lead on that mother...it said she speaks Haitian Creole, and i found a mention of someone with the same name, with an additional surname on it, that is in a country where speaking Haitian Creole would be beneficial as the language spoken there is similar.

18. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

On Mauritius? or different lead? I still think its very worthy to submit both of them and to know for sure if they are rule out.. or not...

19. nedflanders1980

nedflanders1980 Member

Hunting is really rare, if not nonexistent on Long Island.

20. samara.matisse

samara.matisse Not too political. A little cynical.

Now that CoffeeAndACig has made this discovery (which is remarkable, BTW - please do not take this as a slam, or to any research that's been done), I ultimately don't think sleuthing the actual pillow sham and towel, their brands, designs or distribution will advance the case. My generalization is based on the research which proves that the Wamsutta brand(s) have been readily sold in the greater metropolitan NYC area for many years at several stores. The sheets themselves are a standard thread count that was normal in the 90s. I think this same type of research, broadly, will or would prove true for the green storage tote, unless it was traced in a very specific way to a certain region, store, etc.

What I do think this gives us, as some have stated, is a new or different psychological angle to examine. Who would have floral sheets or use floral pillow shams? Many people don't bother with them, but often keep them. If you used the shams, were they on your bed, or in a guest bedroom? Where do you keep the pieces of bedding or toweling that you don't want to get rid of but don't use? A linen closet, cupboard or drawer? Do you turn them into dust rags, like my mom did with old sheets?

Who owns a storage tote? Where do you keep them? What do you put in them? Probably in a garage, or shed. You keep tools in those places. How was Peaches dismembered? Cleanly, with surgical precision, or with a blunt action that might suggest a saw, axe, hatchet or chainsaw? Could the towel and sham been handy because they were being used as shop rags? Could they have wiped blood away, then been discarded inside the tote to conceal them? Where was the dismemberment performed? If a garage has a drain, you could possibly hose most of the liquid mess away. You might only be left with the actual body and a little bit of cleanup. Nobody would miss "rags." (I do want to say that the combo of the sham and the towel make me think about a man being unprepared for the size of the mess, and so he grabs something to mop up, but doesn't realize that what he's picked won't help him that much. Making rookie mistakes, maybe.) So do these things point to the killer living with someone else, having a significant other, or perhaps even living with Peaches herself (and possibly Baby Doe?)?

Someone astutely mentioned that toddlers just don't "go missing." I think that's absolutely accurate. So if Peaches and Baby Doe weren't reported missing as a pair, that implies something to me. Assuming there IS a missing persons report for Peaches and NOT for Baby Doe, that would tell me that Peaches's family isn't aware of Baby Doe's existence and therefore don't know to report Baby Doe missing. It would also imply to me that Peaches went missing before she received her tattoo and/or Baby Doe's birth (likely the source of the C-section scar), either of which would probably be mentioned as an identifying mark. We know that toddlers - whose existence was known to more than just their mother - have gone missing and not been reported by people with that awareness. And we know those cases end badly. So if there is no report for Baby Doe, either no one knows about her, or the person/people who did wanted her gone with Peaches or willfully looked the other way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.