Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this being OT, but I need to say that when I theorized a rental, Evey mentioned that in a previous post upthread and I didn't catch it. I also didn't catch JJBONES' mention that perhaps tracing the sheets themselves might not lead somewhere. I guess I didn't read as thoroughly as I thought I did before posting. As someone who doesn't contribute often, I want to say things that are credible and take into account the stuff that has been said before.

It is heartwarming to see so many people working to identify the missing and unknown. My stepbrother, Pete, is a drifter. I have not seen him since Easter in 2000. My dad and stepmom saw him a few years after that, but AFAIK, no one has seen him in about a decade. He is in his mid 40s and has lived this life since his teens. I don't know if he's truly missing or permanently gone on a voluntary basis, but I don't even know if he's alive. I don't think anyone knows. Sometimes I am afraid I will see him in a morgue photo.

But mostly I just hope that if he died as a John Doe, somebody would care enough to figure out who he was. Like all of you are doing for these people, and hundreds more on these threads. We know successes happen at Websleuths.

Sorry for this being OT, but I need to say that when I theorized a rental, Evey mentioned that in a previous post upthread and I didn't catch it. I also didn't catch JJBONES' mention that perhaps tracing the sheets themselves might not lead somewhere. I guess I didn't read as thoroughly as I thought I did before posting. As someone who doesn't contribute often, I want to say things that are credible and take into account the stuff that has been said before.

It is heartwarming to see so many people working to identify the missing and unknown. My stepbrother, Pete, is a drifter. I have not seen him since Easter in 2000. My dad and stepmom saw him a few years after that, but AFAIK, no one has seen him in about a decade. He is in his mid 40s and has lived this life since his teens. I don't know if he's truly missing or permanently gone on a voluntary basis, but I don't even know if he's alive. I don't think anyone knows. Sometimes I am afraid I will see him in a morgue photo.

But mostly I just hope that if he died as a John Doe, somebody would care enough to figure out who he was. Like all of you are doing for these people, and hundreds more on these threads. We know successes happen at Websleuths.

WHy don't you put him in the Doe Network Data base. People like myself will always search for matches just in case. He is considered "missing", If you do not know where he is. Also submit him to Namus. At least it gives your family peace of mind, also you know you are trying to find him, the worse thing is NOT KNOWING, maybe he is trying to find his way home and can't. So many families don't put the missing in the data base; i.e. Peaches. Because they think they ran away. Not always the case. Sometimes people are not in thier right mind.

Here is the link for Doe Network
http://www.doenetwork.org/forms/index.php/439461?lang=en

Namus:
To enter a Missing Persons report into the NamUs database, please log in or register as a public user using the button to the left.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en

The worse case scenario if you have his DNA, toothbrush, hair from a hair brush submit it.

A lot of us have been there on this site, that is why we are involved. We care. Please let us know if you enter him, paste his info we will help you. Not just this site but other volunteers look for matches in the missing data base. Web Sleuths was started by people that care and so many joined in to help. In addition you being active on this site in turn may help others.

WHy don't you put him in the Doe Network Data base. People like myself will always search for matches just in case. He is considered "missing", If you do not know where he is. Also submit him to Namus. At least it gives your family peace of mind, maybe he is trying to find his way home and can't. So many families don't put the missing in the data base; i.e. Peaches. Because they think they ran away. Not always the case. Sometimes people are not in thier right mind.

RSBM

A lot of us have been there on this site, that is why we are involved. We care. Please let us know if you enter him paste his info we will help you. Not just this site but other volunteers look for matches in the missing data base. Web Sleuths was started by people that care and so many joined in to help.

Thank you for being so kind. Without going into details, the simplest way to state the truth is that I literally know nothing about my older stepbrother - not his middle name, his DOB, anything. The topic is virtually verboten, though I do think my younger stepbrother could be approached and might be open to providing some information. To ask my stepmom would be risky, again, without going into details. But I think I might finally do it.

/end discussion about me, again, sorry mods, but thank you, DQN. Anyone is welcome to PM me with more info.

Dear Samara

I am really sorry about your situation, but please please please DO report him missing to LE, get him in the system. The amount of UID cases which are difficult to solve is horrifying mainly because this one step is omitted by families and therefore no one is able to connect the dots no matter how hard we are trying.

Have a peak at UID forum (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-The-Unidentified) and think about it. There are many advocates there who will be happy to assist you. Adding Missing Person Resources link for more info too http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?550-Missing-Persons-Resources

Also, remember, quite a few missing if in the system are traced, found alive and reunited too. Hope dies last.

Awh DQN, so beautifully written. You all getting me smootchy mootchy... sending big Hugs and Kisses to you and Samara.
And of course Bessie's cupcakes to everyone too :cupcake:

[video=youtube;yZ3OxbBP2ng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3OxbBP2ng[/video]

I'm having trouble navigating WS on my phone... I don't know if this has been posted... I tried to go through and find parts #1 and #2 to this thread but like I said, I haven't been able to navigate very well via phone. I find it strange that when they asked her to repeat her name, she had to look for guidance and he repeated the name for her.

I'm new to posting but reading through tonight, I noticed the sheet set.
I had that exact set in both the blue and the green.
I purchased them from Montgomery ward along with a new bed in 1997

I used to work the jewelry counter at K Mart some years ago, and the jewelry looks like something we may have sold. Cheap, no obvious manufacturer trademarks. I think if Peaches bought this set for her and her daughter, she probably purchased it from a place like K Mart, and it would have been inexpensive, which likely points to Peaches being a low income worker.

I agree, the jewelry is not the good stuff. There is also the possibility it was purchased by a street vendor in Manhattan... There are a ton of those all over NYC.

Spongy is right, it's run of mill jewelry. I have those chains from the early 90's and a braclet with the X's on it. It was trendy back then, and gold was not a fortune either. The Namus report on Peaches states she was covered in plastic garbage bags in the bin. First time I saw that.

That isn't gold. Gold doesn't discolor. It's gold plated at best. But I do remember the xo bracelets were very popular back in the 90's.

She is a good match I also came across her, the only thing I question is driving body parts from Virginia or DC to NYC is taking a big chance, I imagine people would want to dispose of it as soon as they could to shake themselves from it.

Also in terms of geography, Virginia would have more dumping grounds where a body could stay for eternity. LI is over populated with people and discovery is more likely. With the exception of OP where those bodies laid for years sadly.

Ok guys my tattoo artist said this "Interesting. I'm always fascinated with this kind of stuff. It's definitely covering something. The previous tattoo is more than just under the leaf. You can see some old line work under the yellow highlight in the peach. I also think that the bite was put there to help cover some word. I can't make it out from the picture, but it looks like there are two small words in the leaf the first looks like "MY". In the it looks like something like TONY" I told her I'll send her a link ton this thread if she wants to join in

WOW! I personally can't see anything under the Peach as so many have already written here that they can see something. My eyes must be going bad! LOL

Wonderful if it's true!! TONY possibly??? I'll have to take a closer look.

That isn't gold. Gold doesn't discolor. It's gold plated at best. But I do remember the xo bracelets were very popular back in the 90's.

My turn to call you out :shame:

While you are partly right, 24K gold doesn't discolour, however lower quality gold (like the stuff sold in stores like Walmart probably 9K), will discolour. I have several items of gold jewellery, none that I wear now since fashions change, but in the 90s gold in the UK was 'in'. Asian Gold looks darker too. My take on the jewellery is that is was sold as "gold" even if it was gold plated afterall. We are talking about the 1990s afterall.

Regarding the initials that may or may not be there (not sure I can trust my own eyes), if they are in fact there and are in fact initials: it could be a monogram. Therefore the "B" we see would be the last name.
hmm.

Regarding the pillow sham, the tote and the towel. It would certainly be hard to trace those particulate items... but perhaps possible for LE to do. I mean, if they wanted to....

I was thinking of an angle those 3 items would be together...and thought of a summer home. My family has a summer home in the mountains and it is not winterized. When we close up for winter we store all of our sheets/blankets etc in storage totes to keep the critters out for the winter. Not exactly sure where I am going with that thought but figured I would put it out there for consideration.

Regarding the jewelry...the length of the bracelet was 7 1/4 inches. I make beaded bracelets and just wanted to note for what it's worth... Peaches had a small wrist.

Well LI is a summer playground and many people have summer homes on the Island.

Good call on the storage tote and why those items may have been handy. Another strong possibility, I think. Plenty of vacation homes in the Hamptons and other nearby areas.

This does make me think (and perhaps I'm getting too detailed myself) that if those items were in a vacation home, was it possibly a rental? If I used my own vacation home, I think I'd be less likely to bring and use shams. But if I use my vacation home as a rental, I'd probably use them as a way to make the bedrooms look more sophisticated and put-together.

An empty rental home would be a place to stash a person and/or to visit periodically under the guise of caretaking. You might partially furnish or outfit it with nice things from your home you no longer used, or you might buy fancy new sheets for your prospective guests.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My family & I do the opposite with our beach homes. I own a beach home and my sister owns a condo. She rents during the summer and doesn't use the fancy blankets, sheets, towels for the guests. Whereas in my beach house it is setup as a home with the more expensive items.

I've never discussed this with my sister BUT it seems to be we have a difference only because one of us has renter's as opposed to my home being a family beach house during the summer months with no renters in it. If I had the rental property that my sister has I too wouldn't use the good stuff

This happened with a friend of mine recently. He found out that his brother had passed when it was in the news and the police were looking for any relatives to identify him. They had been estranged for years.

I hope your step brother is okay and that your family gets some peace.

My turn to call you out :shame:

While you are partly right, 24K gold doesn't discolour, however lower quality gold (like the stuff sold in stores like Walmart probably 9K), will discolour. I have several items of gold jewellery, none that I wear now since fashions change, but in the 90s gold in the UK was 'in'. Asian Gold looks darker too. My take on the jewellery is that is was sold as "gold" even if it was gold plated afterall. We are talking about the 1990s afterall.

My deepest appreciation Nomad!:facepalm: I only own 14-18kt pieces, so thanks for calling me out on this one. :happydance:

Someone mentioned caldor's, which I remember from ct (from mbbs area). There was also bradlee's I believe? I don't think honk we ever had a Kmart. Still have a bed bath and beyond....also there was linens n things??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member