Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evey

Reaction score
The tattoo artist said he was getting ready to close up when Peaches came in for a tattoo. He took the time to do it because what she wanted was simple enough. Two things come to mind. Would the artist say it was simple enough if he was covering up a tattoo? (right before closing). Wouldnt the artist remember covering up a tattoo?

He should remember if he remembers her(assuming he actually did the tattoo) but a cover up takes more work you have to pick a design and colors to cover the previous one and often trace the previous one to help make sure the new drawing would hide it. So while I do think it could be a coverup(or just badly done leaf veins) like my tattoo artist I also think it looks like a flash tattoo which he should Hav have a thing with options of. Less she told him pick a design or came in with the image printed out. And some artists specialize in cover ups but I don't know if he does.

Evey

Reaction score
And like I said I don't believe anyone would cover over an important tattoo for a medical condition and often they make sure it's done well and usually way bigger. I just don't see someone covering one unless covering it with a better version. Now if the killer tattooed the peach to hide the medical tattoo that would be the only way I see it happening. Plus he could just have removed the skin if the tattoo was any worry for him.

Armchair-reader

Reaction score
And like I said I don't believe anyone would cover over an important tattoo for a medical condition and often they make sure it's done well and usually way bigger. I just don't see someone covering one unless covering it with a better version. Now if the killer tattooed the peach to hide the medical tattoo that would be the only way I see it happening. Plus he could just have removed the skin if the tattoo was any worry for him.

I don't think SK had anything to do with the tattoo. He/she could have just as easily mutilated the tattoo by burning slicing gouging ect.

Eadfrith

Reaction score
Is that the highest quality image of the tattoo in circulation in the public domain? Surely they must have taken high quality images of any identifiable features while her body was being examined???

GINK

Reaction score
Purple ribbons have been used since the 1990's for cystic Fibrosis,however it represents these and othe conditions,Purple ribbons also represent– LGBT Bullying and Suicide Prevention, Testicular Cancer, Domestic Violence, Lupis, Cystic Fibrosis, Pancreatic Cancer.
This is likely why a Cystic Fibrosis tattoo includes something with the ribbon tattoo to clearly explain why the purple ribbon. Breath and other CF Tattoo identifiers. That's why she put a CF T B with ribbon, so none mistakes the purple ribbon for the other meanings it has. She may have put it in leaf because she didn't want too much attention to a larger SF symbolic tattoo. Just a possibility, today tattoos are extremely abundant, but medical tattoos were likely just coming into being more common. Still cant exclude the possibility this is a medical identifier type tattoo.
The Purple ribbon was also used for 9/11,2001 so they were around for some time.

in fact here is a complete history of ribbons:The History of Colored Awareness Ribbons
http://blog.healthpromotionsnow.com/history-colored-awareness-ribbons/

Obviously there are many possibilities to what happened to Peaches. I did the best I could on what is on the leaf and was going to see if the Cystic Fybrosis Foudation records would lead to an unexplained women that suddenly dissapeared. Yes a lot of work zeroing into her profile but I guess I'll leave it alone as I cant afford to go there and It doesnt seem to be a likely medical tattoo based on feedback. Still going to pray she gets her identity back. Best wishes to you all. Amen

Armchair-reader

Reaction score
Is that the highest quality image of the tattoo in circulation in the public domain? Surely they must have taken high quality images of any identifiable features while her body was being examined???

Hi Eadfrith if you start with about post 27 there are some really talented websleuthers enhancing the image and working with resolutions. Take a look.

Hotpotato

Reaction score
I don't think SK had anything to do with the tattoo. He/she could have just as easily mutilated the tattoo by burning slicing gouging ect.

Yes. I've always thought this idea the SK tattood his victims to hide their identify was far fetched. Tattooing is a skill. You or I couldn't just pick up a gun and know how to do a legible design. Aside from that, like you said, there's far easier ways to hide ones identity

Armchair-reader

Reaction score
Obviously there are many possibilities to what happened to Peaches. I did the best I could on what is on the leaf and was going to see if the Cystic Fybrosis Foudation records would lead to an unexplained women that suddenly dissapeared. Yes a lot of work zeroing into her profile but I guess I'll leave it alone as I cant afford to go there and It doesnt seem to be a likely medical tattoo based on feedback. Still going to pray she gets her identity back. Best wishes to you all. Amen

But Gink there is another possibility. While speaking with a family member who had gone through chemo and radiation for breast cancer she had to get what was called a radiation tattoo. Some are permanent some arent. She said some are the size of a freckle. Depending I guess when you had chemo done and who was doing the tattoo would result in what it would look like. If it were permanent sure you would cover that up with another tattoo. Right?

Reaction score
The radiation tattoos are tiny dots (like very small freckles) and are used to guide the radiation beams. They definitely wouldn't look the marks in the leaf of the peaches tattoo and they are barely noticeable so I don't think someone would cover them up with a tattoo. I do know women who covered up lumpectomy scars with tattoos.

Armchair-reader

Reaction score
The radiation tattoos are tiny dots (like very small freckles) and are used to guide the radiation beams. They definitely wouldn't look the marks in the leaf of the peaches tattoo and they are barely noticeable so I don't think someone would cover them up with a tattoo. I do know women who covered up lumpectomy scars with tattoos.

You are right. I had been searching every variant of radiation therapy tattoos for a little while now. Blue, black, Brown and red. They can look like a pin prick size freckle or even a bigger size black mole. (Not abnormally big) I guess it would depend on how bad it bothered someone to tattoo over it. But an incision scar would be a different story.
I think what I was getting at could a mark like that if magnified alot could it seem to be a letter? Just talking about what looks like a c. The other marks to me anyway look like numbers. I just don't see the same letters and numbers others see. So I backed off that topic.

Hotpotato

Reaction score
So, two things.
#1) I think people need to take the tattoo artists claims with a grain of salt. Not only has the story changed over time but I also think that if the claims were true it would be a lot easier to identify peaches. Surely Someone she was with would have seen this story and came forward. I just feel like it doesn't make sense. Some part of the info would have helped get closer to her by leading people to look around Bristol or chasing down leads on the caller years later. All of this is my opinion of course but I just feel like it's just not correct.

#2) you have to take into account the size of this tattoo. It is tiny meaning the "letters" or whatever was being covered up was even smaller. Which makes me wonder if we are imagining something that's not there or reading too far into it. Again, my opinion and of course anything is possible but maybe it is just a crappy tattoo of a peach, likely newer and thus not going to be recognized by people or in any missing person report

jacobd83

Reaction score
If i am not mistaking i think i rember reading on a link that was posted earlier in this thread that a woman called the tattoo artist claming too be peach's mother and hung up without saying another word. So with that being said i wonder if there is any way possiable if the police or the dectives could possibly could pull up the phone recordes of the tattoo shop of that day and find out exactly who called at that time

DQN

Former Member
Reaction score
If i am not mistaking i think i rember reading on a link that was posted earlier in this thread that a woman called the tattoo artist claming too be peach's mother and hung up without saying another word. So with that being said i wonder if there is any way possiable if the police or the dectives could possibly could pull up the phone recordes of the tattoo shop of that day and find out exactly who called at that time

No one is sure if that is even the tattoo artist that did her tattoo, Every time he tells the story it changes.

DQN

Former Member
Reaction score
ohh ok.... Can you please tell me how I can help
Nothing any one can do about. Maybe the real tattoo artist will come forward. You did a lot to help by setting up Peaches Facebook page. Please post the link here again.

DQN

Former Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jacobd83
EVERYONE PLEASE GO AND LIKE PEACH'S FACEBOOK PAGE

https://www.facebook.com/Help-Identi...?ref=bookmarks

BigCityAccountant

Reaction score
ohh ok.... Can you please tell me how I can help

Hello Jacob and :Welcome1:!!!

Most WSer's who are posting on these Unidentified threads are looking at missing persons and comparing it to the information that we know about the UID.

For instance, we know Peaches is bi-racial and we know she was found in 1996. Of course, there are other variables as well. Based upon researching information available on the missing person, we then make suggestions on the thread that could be potential matches.

So, dig in and thanks for coming~~Peaches and her baby could use all the help they can get to get their identity back.

Hotpotato

Reaction score
That is my point. Imo people are putting way too much credence in this tattoo artist that nothing has panned out from.

Status
Not open for further replies.