Tom Snyder, 71, dies "Tomorrow Show" host

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=5e02b8cb-87b0-49be-a71b-abb0a225480b

Snyder was known for his casual, no holds barred interview style and his frequent hearty laugh. He smoked cigarettes unabashedly throughout his interviews, generating a hazy cloud that encircled him and his subjects. His catch phrase for the show was: "Fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now, as they fly through the air."
Snyder's signature mannerisms on the Tomorrow Show inspired a Saturday Night Live parody, with Dan Akroyd impersonating the gray-haired, bushy-browed host and thereby adding to his fame. He was also the inspiration for the Playboy cartoon "Tom Morrow," which appeared in the magazine in the late '70s. (much more at link)

==
I really liked his sense of humor. Dan Akroyd impersonated him very well!

I didn't realize he was only 71. I remember being little and watching Tom interview Charles Manson.
He really was a different kind of news reporter, huh?
Rest In Peace, Tom.

That's so sad. I remeber watching him growing up as a TV anchor in L.A.

I used to watch the Tomorrow Show all the time. Rest in peace, Tom.

Does anyone remember the name of the woman that seemed to be a frequent guest that was also just as funny as he was? They always got on so well, I thought they were married to each other. I wonder if she ever got her own show somewhere.

Does anyone remember the name of the woman that seemed to be a frequent guest that was also just as funny as he was? They always got on so well, I thought they were married to each other. I wonder if she ever got her own show somewhere.

hmmmm, not sure who you're talking about TM, sorry.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back