Tony Lazzaro's testimony

MOO - regarding Tony. If memory serves....he was very, very upset with KC the moment he learned that something had happened to Caylee. He has been the most helpful, IMO, of ALL the players to the SA and LE. He cooperated fully immediately, wore a wire, had his phone tapped - whatever LE asked of him...he did it. Not one time did he speak to the media or give an interview or sell one stinkin' picture....He could have have good bucks in his account right now if he had. But...he is the one person, in this trial so far, that has been on Caylee's side.

I can overlook lots of things about his persona - just because of that.....Again, IMHO

I feel the same way. I am also sure that this is a BIG inconvenience for all parties involved. Especially him. And not just a today thing but a 3 year long inconvenience that will probably never end. He will always be the guy from TV who was sleeping with a monster.

I'm going to give TL a pass. You have to try and put yourself in his shoes. He's not an uncaring person, he was upset when he learned about Caylee missing, he fully cooperated with LE, refused to talk to the DT and the media. This is a young guy who had some pretty deep and crappy things thrust upon him.

He slept in the same bed as a woman who put three pieces of tape across a 34 month old child. I can imagine this is something he would rather not deal with. I understand that and plus east coast gentlemen have different mannerisms about them. I would not read too much into how TL came across today.

if Mr George would just write out his question so he can just read them without all the hemming and hawing and just speak up. Sound a little more confident. I hope someone else does the examining tomorrow. I really like Mr. George but he seemed unprepared today.

I think Tony came off fine on the witness stand. I consider him another victim of KC's shenanigans. When Caylee was first reported missing, I remember very well all the suspicion that was cast upon him and I don't blame him for feeling put out by the whole thing. It's been three years but I'm sure he realizes every day how close he had to having his whole life totally ruined by KC.

He wore a wire for LE and stayed away from the media. I give him all kinds of props for that.

First let me say I LOVE Mr George, but I find his questioning painful to listen to,he is not confident in his delivery and it's slow and painful,jurors will eventually tune him out if he keeps up with this low monotone delivery. We need some Perry Mason moments with voice reflections etc in his delivery,believe it or not,but jurors want to be entertained while listening to a case, I know I did while on jury duty,it helps the time go faster. just saying :twocents:

yesterday i watched tv all day and today too. however i did nod off today-lol woke up and thought oh shoot- during tonys testimony. not sure what lured me to nap- it was almost calming and guess a lil boring

MOO - regarding Tony. If memory serves....he was very, very upset with KC the moment he learned that something had happened to Caylee. He has been the most helpful, IMO, of ALL the players to the SA and LE. He cooperated fully immediately, wore a wire, had his phone tapped - whatever LE asked of him...he did it. Not one time did he speak to the media or give an interview or sell one stinkin' picture....He could have have good bucks in his account right now if he had. But...he is the one person, in this trial so far, that has been on Caylee's side.

I can overlook lots of things about his persona - just because of that.....Again, IMHO

ITA I feel that whether or not I like TL has nothing to do with anything, he is not the one who killed caylee and he did all he could to help LE and he never ever sold out to the media. my personal opinion of him doesnt matter at all as far as his ability to be a very good witness

IMO - the state is doing just fine....and Tony did nothing but help them!

I think TL is doing fine. I don't personally care for how his persona but he is doing just what he is supposed to.

How can he remember the few weeks he knew KC a few years ago? I am certain he has tried to forget, to wash it all away as if it never happened. I sure would.

I can't believe he recalls as much as he does. I suppose the shock, fear, shame and then cooperation have helped that.

He is bright, respectful, I think he is being honest and as forthcoming as good manners will allow.

Really, what could he really know other than he hung out with KC a few weeks, she had a kid he met, he and KC did it like bunnies, then she offed her kid, he cooperated to a great extent, and must now still be carrying this weight. All b/c he was 20 something, in school and getting laid with someone he would have never remembered otherwise.

Poor guy probably feels his is the person with the "I pick murderers magnet" on his forehead.

I'm going to give TL a pass. You have to try and put yourself in his shoes. He's not an uncaring person, he was upset when he learned about Caylee missing, he fully cooperated with LE, refused to talk to the DT and the media. This is a young guy who had some pretty deep and crappy things thrust upon him.

He slept in the same bed as a woman who put three pieces of tape across a 34 month old child. I can imagine this is something he would rather not deal with. I understand that and plus east coast gentlemen have different mannerisms about them. I would not read too much into how TL came across today.

I agree that TL is not UNCARING. He cared enough to be concerned for Caylee when ICA told him via texts that she was missing, even though he had only seen her a few times. And He cared enough for the child to NOT allow her to spend the night at his house. Obviously he knew it was not a proper place for a child to be sleeping. Speically concidering his relationship with her mother. One could also suggest he didnt want Caylee there to CHOA (cover his own A), which in a way is probably true. But a child is a total buzz kill when it comes to sexual relations so that was probably a factor as well.

My impression of TL is that he was a young college kid who met a PYT who he was having a fun summer with. I think he had very little invested in Casey and I suspect he is JUST a little bit Pizzed that for the little effort and energy and time that he spent with her, he is still dealing with ICA and her BS. He might as well have had a kid with her. then at least his name wouldnt be all over the Interwebz. I would go so far as to guess that ICA is a MAJOR factor in why he has the Attitude as some have mentioned. I would seriously be bitter. Some girl he hooks up with and starts having a good time with, has no intentions of moving on with at that point in their relationship.. and NOW look what he is doing.. Sitting in a Court room 3 years later talking about his relationship with this girl who meant a whole lot of nothing but sex to him.

Guys will and have been known to do lots of stuff to get a girl. I think TL had to do Very LITTLE to get this girl.. He is probably kicking himself for not SEEING how she truly was.

Another poster mentioned that ICA was more than willing to Mold herself into the lives of people. TL was a DJ promoting events at Fusion. Suddenly ICA is an event Coordinator. It's very cameleon. Adaptability.

This is just my opinion and that is all.

I feel that Tony Lazzaro acted cocky and arrogant. I'll be nice and stick to the rules and just say that I don't care for the young man.

However, I think he was a very uptight and nervous testifying. He tried very hard to hide his feelings as well. He's also immature, IMO. Remember those ridiculous text messages back and forth between he and the defendant and how immature they were? I didn't care for him after reading those text messages and I see that he hasn't matured or changed in any way. I just do not like him. Sorry.

And what is so darn funny about a murdered little girl? Tony laughed at times while testifying.
He came to know sweet Caylee. Why was he not sad? I just don't get it. Lee laughs also as most of us know, when he testifies. I know they are nervous and self involved but geez, Caylee was his niece. If Lee gets up on that stand and laughs, I'm gonna blow a gasket. The defendant laughing it up and chatting is expected...and I better stop there before I get into trouble.

I've just thought of this and it's kinda out of order.....
I know that when I feel nervous and upset I can get defensive sometimes. Not so much now that I'm older, but in my 20's for sure.
I also spoke very quickly when nervous and my sentences would sort of trail off at the end of the sentence.

I hope that the juror's can see through his attitude and focus on the content of what he said. That is what is really important.

The one thing that really is going to bother me is that the SA mispoke the date of the 2nd car incident (at Amscot). I could be wrong and I hope to have another view of the testimony, but I heard the SA state July instead of June. I hope someone caught this error, because as a juror I would feel confused. It's realllllllllly really important that Tony testified he hadn't even exited his jeep at Amscot and that the defendant was waiting outside of her car. For me, that's huge. Blows Beez's OS right into next week.

Dates are very important in this case. Especially when they do not match up with Baez's OS. What a mess Baez made with that dilly.

Tony is making KC look even worse, IMO. He comes off as arrogant, uncaring, cocky, smug... and this is what she was attracted to and this is the reason she killed her child? If that were my daughter, I'd be horrified by her taste in men. If I were on the jury, I'd be horrified by her taste in men.

They have not suggested that Tony was the reason that ICA murdered Caylee. We think it but will the state present that as part of her motive?

He's only 24 I think he'll be fine. Lotta years left and in a few more years this will be a footnote in his life history.

I loved JB's concern for the hardship this is to Tony testifying. It was very... um... touching. He knows Tony is damaging to his client in terms of testimony and demeanor. He wants him out!

They have not suggested that Tony was the reason that ICA murdered Caylee. We think it but will the state present that as part of her motive?

See my other post about JB's touching concern for the hardship this is to Tony. JB is pretty clueless as a rule, but he knows how damaging Tony's testimony is and will become down the road, IMO.

Tony is making KC look even worse, IMO. He comes off as arrogant, uncaring, cocky, smug... and this is what she was attracted to and this is the reason she killed her child? If that were my daughter, I'd be horrified by her taste in men. If I were on the jury, I'd be horrified by her taste in men.

But thats support the defense. They want everyone to believe she is traumatized by sexual abuse... he did her a HUGE favour. He just made her taste in men pathetic. He is the kind of guy you never want your daughter to bring home. Because she was abused she has issues with relationships ... and that is documented over and over again.... psychology 101.

couple a things that I would like to see addressed:

1. She tells Tony that two men helped her by physically pushing the white '98 Pontiac Sunfire (actually registered to her parents) into the parking lot of the Amscot Check-Cashing Facility at the corner of Colonial & Golden Rod (map). Despite six exterior security cameras, there is no sign of anyone "pushing" the car. Cameras do show Casey driving her car into the Amscot parking lot. The only man seen is Tony Lazarro, who arrives later at apx. 11:30 am. IF SHE RAN OUT OF GAS, HOW IS SHE DRIVING THE CAR INTO THE AMSCOT PARKING LOT?

2. Movies - who picked them, what were the titles?

3. There's a dispute in Maria's (the pretty gal) testimony - she said ICA spent the night didn't she? - TL says ICA didn't.

4. e-mails and texts (lots of them)

Oh, and won't JB have to call TL as a witness for the defense to try to get the molestation in?

I guess that's all water under the bridge now :(

Mel

If anyone missed Tony on the stand, I recorded it and it is on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#g/u

IMO, Tony tells it like it is and very sure of himself. Although he seems to come across as being arrogant, since I am from North Jersey, and very familiar with Long Islanders, I understand his personality and ways and telling it like it is.

But thats support the defense. They want everyone to believe she is traumatized by sexual abuse... he did her a HUGE favour. He just made her taste in men pathetic. He is the kind of guy you never want your daughter to bring home. Because she was abused she has issues with relationships ... and that is documented over and over again.... psychology 101.

You could have a point - except that they have to prove Casey was abused. So far the only thing that has been proven is that she's a pathological liar. There are also the jail house letters where she vaguely remembers "abuse." As if in a dream... sort of ... kinda... after the fact.

If JB wants this guy gone it means he's bad for their case. And JB wants him gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~respectfully bbm
Yes, me too.
The thing is; could it go the other way?
As in... could the juror's deliberate that she had such low self-esteem due to the alleged sexual abuse that that is the sort of man she thought she deserved?
My head hurts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288