Tony P ~ alleged attempted abduction in St. Helens

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by Kimster, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

In the general discussion threads, there was some sleuthing of Tony Phipps. On June 9th, he was arrested for attempting to abduct a boy in St. Helen's who was on his way to school.

The charges against him were dropped today.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127672511075346900

Is there any way that he could be involved in Kyron's disappearance?

This thread is for discussion about Tony Phipps.

2. Loading...

3. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Wow.. thanks for the update. I don't think so.

4. sofia76

sofia76 New Member

I think if they thought he was connected to Kyron, he would not be out of jail.

5. violet67

violet67 Member

i agree...pretty sure this guy lived on the periphery of society, more than likely had some mental health issues, probably did a lot of pretty despicaple things...but i have a feeling that he may have been more interested in grabbing the backpack and not the kid...i think his mugshot woulda definitley jogged some memories around the school (on an off-note - i don't think this was a sexually motivated crime)

6. squeaky

squeaky Member

The police are indicating, at least publicly, that TP is not involved with Kyron's disappearance. This could be indicative of an airtight alibi, but it could mean a lot of other things as well.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/mother_of_st_helens_boy_who_fo.html

"Police told the family the case does not appear connected to the Kyron Horman disappearance."

Also, on one of the OregonLive comment threads a user claims to have found someone with the same name on Facebook, and also states that this particular Facebook user works for Intel. I cannot verify any of these statements, and that particular board is notorious for trolling, so I'd take it with a big grain of salt.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...horman_search_wraps_up_a/4053/comments-5.html

7. sofia76

sofia76 New Member

Yes, there is another person with the same name who works at Intel; they are not the same person.

8. human

human Well-Known Member

If he is homeless and with that record, it is hard to find a job, I would imagine.

Unless he could borrow a car, I would it hard to believe that he owns a running vehicle, But maybe.

9. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

Well, knowing about Kyron made this little boy more cautious, so at least that is one good thing that perhaps came out of this case, such as it is.

But, IMO, there is a big difference between a RSO for sodomy with an under-aged girl and one who kidnaps/rapes/kills little boys. (Not saying better or worse, just saying that, aside from the power trip aspect, these are different impulses, in my uneducated opinion.)

10. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I always felt he was making a feeble grab at the backpack...he gave up pretty easily. No, I don't think there is any chance this is the offender here.

11. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

He is homeless and possibly mentally ill - he might have been grabbing at the kid's pack for all sorts of reasons we can't possibly guess at. Perhaps he thought he saw Ringo Starr waving at him from it. Who knows?

12. LMax

LMax New Member

Any more arrests on this guy? Has he been behaving? I didn't know how to look up arrest records.

13. scandi

scandi New Member

Hi WhyaDuck, I don't know if I agree with you in your last paragraph. I found lots of info on the Web about this, that a pedo can have a preference to one or the other but will do both boys and girls. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/sec07/ch104/ch104c.html

Both sodomy and rape are sexual crimes. I think the guy who kidnaps, rapes then kills his victims just has an added personality disorder to his sexual proclivity. IMO

14. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

BBM
    No. A heavy set, dirty (likely to smell of body odor, feces, and urine) homeless man with a 4 inch pony tail would have been detected visually and by the parents’ olfactory receptors if he was near the school on June 4th.

15. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

I think they would be holding him if he was suspected for Kyron's murder, especially if he doesn't have a home.

So no, I don't believe this guy has anything to do with Kyrons' disappearance.