Tornado Hits Scout Camp In Western Iowa

Don't worry about run ons. After work today, I rushed home, took mom to dinner, and then to minor emergency. (She found out she has a ganglion cyst (Bible bump) on the top of her foot and was worried since it was huge.) I am rambling on aand on aaaand on now. :)

Oh, Cheko! Another one I am glad to hear from! I kept praying you weren't floating away somewhere. :)

Thanks for the update, Suzi.

Anita~ Did you find the spicy olives yet?

LOL A "come to Jesus" moment. That phrase makes me smile. Yes, tornadoes and tents do not mix. (along with mobile homes, cars, or cabins!)

I live where it is high & dry SS......
We had BAD storms / baseball size hail did 28 grand in damage to our house & buildings....truck is totaled ( adjustor not here yet for it) that was Memorial Day weekend. We were gone!!! Under tornado warnings again tonight. CRAZY year in the midwest!!!

Don't worry about run ons. After work today, I rushed home, took mom to dinner, and then to minor emergency. (She found out she has a ganglion cyst (Bible bump) on the top of her foot and was worried since it was huge.) I am rambling on aand on aaaand on now. :)

Awwwww SS give Momma a hug from me! To you ......:blowkiss:

Well, if the floods didn't get ya...I guess the hail had to. Sorry, Cheko! Glad you are OK tho!! Keep a close eye on the storms and don't hesitate to take cover. They are particularly bad this year. Very scary! Tornado Alley has turned into Tornado Highway From Hell!!

They said 30 tornadoes already this evening in Iowa.

I live where it is high & dry SS......
We had BAD storms / baseball size hail did 28 grand in damage to our house & buildings....truck is totaled ( adjustor not here yet for it) that was Memorial Day weekend. We were gone!!! Under tornado warnings again tonight. CRAZY year in the midwest!!!

:eek: Omigosh! We freak when we have salt-sized hail here!! Glad you weren't home for it. Please, stay safe tonight!

And SS, I wish I had some extra spicy olives to send your way. What a day!! Poor mama...(btw, what IS a "bible thump" anyway?! :waitasec:)

Tornado Alley has turned into Tornado Highway From Hell!!

When Mr. Richman was a single dad, he and our oldest two moved to Texas. He mentioned that it was "in tornado alley". Our daughter (the adrenalin-junkie/white-rafter-type) cried out, "Dad! Why couldn't you find us a house on the next block?!"

A ganglion cyst forms in the tissue of the hands or feet and is harmless. In the olden days, people used to grab a Bible and whap it to break it so the surrounding tissue takes care of it instead of paying for doctors. Ergo the Bible Bump.

:laugh::laugh:
Tornado Alley has turned into Tornado Highway From Hell!!

When Mr. Richman was a single dad, he and our oldest two moved to Texas. He mentioned that it was "in tornado alley". Our daughter (the white rafter type) cried out, "Dad! Why couldn't you find us a house on the next block?!"
Has she started jumping out of perfectly good airplanes yet?! :eek:

Suzie, you can have my olives. I'm drinking iced Pedialyte. :sick:

Ewww, that sounds nasty.

Nothing new, waiting for a presser with a state official. Wow, one guy had six boys at the camp.

ETA: six in his troop. Not his sons.

:laugh::laugh:Has she started jumping out of perfectly good airplanes yet?! :eek:
No, at this point Mr. Richman and Richguy Jr. are the only ones who have pulled that stunt. :rolleyes:

Usually I say she is more like me (even though I am not her bio-mom)...I can see some of Dad shining through tonight! (The ability to fall into a dead sleep right after big adrenalin? Yep, definitely one of his traits, not mine!)

Another news conference is going to start up again in a minute or two.

No...I would be having a heart attack if I had six boys at that camp during a tornado!

Well, if the floods didn't get ya...I guess the hail had to. Sorry, Cheko! Glad you are OK tho!! Keep a close eye on the storms and don't hesitate to take cover. They are particularly bad this year. Very scary! Tornado Alley has turned into Tornado Highway From Hell!!

They said 30 tornadoes already this evening in Iowa.

Yep wicked storms..............Winds were wicked! I hate night storms you can't see whats happening or the color of the sky. YIKES.......1 passes & another right behind it! Hubby old fool sleeps thru them! :eek:

Gonna get off here for the night. Good night everyone & lets all say a prayer for the boy scouts & families. Anita take care sweety!

Camp counselors said they knew a storm was coming and they heard the sirens going off, but there was no basement for the boys, though there are a few shelter buildings. The authorities said the Boy Scouts had predesignated areas to go to that were discussed on the first day of camp. Reports said most of the boys were on a hike when storms moved in, but that has not been confirmed.

http://www.ketv.com/news/16579276/detail.html

I sure HOPE that is not the case!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd