Tornadoes rip through South, killing 50+

Oh my goodness... :( let the toll go no higher. This is unbelievable... and right in the middle of winter. :( :( :( :(

Tennessee Emergency Management has just confirmed on Fox News that there are 20 confirmed deaths in Tennessee thus far. Said he feared they may find more after sun rises. I think he said there were fifty+ more people injured, too.

Fox News anchor Steve Doocy said that they had previously had the death total of 22, with 13 of those being Tennessee which raises the known death toll of these tornadoes to 29. :(

Thoughts and prayer with everyone whose lives have been affected!
Hoping and praying that come daylight more deaths aren't discovered.

death toll up to 33 now.
There's another tornado that is touching down now.....
Cnn reporting.....

I just heard on the Today show that this series of storms are of historic
proportions for this time of year. Predictions are for the same scenario for today.

We had two tornadoes touch down in my area here in middle Tennessee. One was just a few miles from my house, completely destroyed a mobile home and another home. Trees down everywhere, but thankfully nobody was home so they weren't hurt. Then another touched down a few miles from my parent's house and did a lot of damage. My parents were in their storm shelter and heard it go over. It was a scary, scary night, I haven't slept much at all.

God bless all the ones that were killed and prayers for their friends and families.

Wow I know this is a coincidence but I had a nightmare that seemed to last all night about me being in a school and trying to get shelter from tornado that ripped the roof off while I was in it. But thats really nothing new with me lol I am terrified that one may come here so I have had lots of nightmares of them. Rip to the people who did not make it and to those who are fighting I pray.

May God be with all the ones who have lost loved ones and their homes. We were up all night in North Alabma. A couple was spotted on the ground but we were lucky no damage in our area.

I live in Middle Tennessee too. Outside of Nashville. We live on a hill and seen the storm just hook around and head off from us. It was amazing. It was not a tornado we saw but the storm. I have never seen anything like that. It was sooo hot outside then as the storm moved away the temp. dropped.
It left us here in Old Hickory without any damage and moved on to Castalian Springs and destroyed the house my aunt lived in (the house both she and my grandmother passed away in back in the 2001) and the post office next door. Killing several people there.

It is devastating.

I thank God we were spared.

The death toll is now being reported by the AP as 48.

DK,
When you finish your class you can have one here and teach us everything you learned. :crazy: lol, just kidding.

You know what scares me about the storms that hit yesterday, is the fact that they are dying down in one area and causing all kinds of new tornadoes and high winds in other cities.

Prayers to those affected by the tornadoes.

Death toll is up to 57 and unfortunately, this little miracle's mother was one of those. :( Thank God, he was found alive and a bit roughed up. Amazing!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329513,00.html

CASTALIAN SPRINGS, Tenn. — The muddy field was littered with debris after a wave of violent storms: Living room couches, strollers, children's toys. So when two rescuers came upon a baby, they thought he was a doll.

Then he moved.

"We grabbed hold of his neck (to take a pulse) and he took a breath of air and started crying," said David Harmon, a firefighter from a nearby county who was combing the field for tornado victims.

DK~ We can swap stories after you go to your seminar. I know tornadoes only too well and while deadly, they are truly fascinating at the same time. Nature's wrath has produced some of the strangest things I have ever seen!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back