Toronto mayor admits crack use

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Snoopster, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

My sympathies to the good folks of that great city, Toronto, but seriously, you voted this guy in?

After dodging accusations for many months now, the mayor, Rob Ford, admitted to the press today that he might have done crack cocaine in a drunken stupor about a year ago.

Unfortunately for him, him he denied these accusations for the past number of months, but once the Chief of Police confirmed that actions consistent with this were in fact on video, the mayor finally admitted it.

Of course, that shouldn't impact his mayoralty term should it???

Of course, it's really worse than that...

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/11/05/mayor_ford_finally_comes_clean.html

(Please keep in mind that there is an absolute feud between Mayor Ford (and his circle - what's left of it) and the Toronto Star. The Star, and gawker, both indicated that they were offered a video for a price showing the mayor smoking crack, but declined. The mayor took them to task saying there was no such video, although he has since changed his tune.)

Rob Ford's apologist/enabler brother isn't helping him at this point. Simply a bad team. Of course they would like the police chief gone...he exposed the mayor for what he is. (Let's just not get into the impression that the mayor hung around with drug dealers, and his drug-dealing driver is on trial for extortion.) The mayor wasn't going to deal with his problems otherwise. JMO.

2. Loading...

3. matou

matou #los2188

I didn't vote for him. Before he admitted that he smoked crack, his "Ford Nation" indicated that they would still vote for him and support him. ??????

4. matou

matou #los2188

I've been avoiding starting a topic on him. I see that Dr. Drew started off his show tonight on Ford. He's officially famous now. LMAO.

5. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

He should step down...and take his brother with him IMO.

6. matou

matou #los2188

7. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

I know. I had to think twice. (maybe I should have thought thrice.)

It is truly embarrassing that it came to this. :facepalm:

8. Kamille

LMAO :floorlaugh:

What a buffoon. Did he really think he was going to get away with that kind of behaviour while being the mayor of the biggest city in the country? And the lies and cover ups were just ridiculous. Imagine the abuse of power this guy was carrying out? Did your tax dollars pay for that crack cocaine and all his other vices? And I'm sure there are a lot more. Now he wants to apologize?! Now that he's been caught and he knows the video exists and is in the hands of the police? And he and his brother are pissed at the police chief for outing him? Seriously?

He's an addict. He needs help and he needs to step down. Should have done it a year ago.

MOO

9. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

No disrespect meant, but it's a shame Chris Farley isn't alive to lampoon this guy.

Irony? Party of two?

10. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

Also, I don't agree with pundits on some of these shows who say it is surprising that a person in his position would behave this way.

Um.

Kennedys, Bushes, Rove, Libby, Rangel, Cain, Foley, Weiner, Edwards, Vitter, Gingrich, Berry.

I pretty much am shocked if a politician isn't a shady mofo.

11. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

The fact that he isn't ashamed enough to resign shows what a total narcissistic buffoon he is.

12. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Heehee .. I've been watching this story for ages, I love how he's had to admit it :D

13. rubelet

rubelet New Member

Torontonian here... sometimes there are just no words. :banghead:

What did bring me here was a search for a missing woman who might be tangentially connected to the crack scandal.

Jaclyn Dawe has been missing since February 2013. She went missing from an address that is listed as one of the places surveilled as part of the investigation into Ford's associate Alessandro Lisi.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...still_more_bombshells_in_police_document.html

Here's a link to the police new release originally published in relation to her disappearance. It appears her car was found abandoned.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/25667.pdf

Has anyone been following the case of this missing woman? Has anyone heard of it? I haven't and there doesn't seem to be too much info online.

I don't want this post to imply that Ford is connected to her disappearance. The larger case against Lisi seems to link to a multitude of criminal activities, independent of the Ford connection. I just thought it would be good to put her story out there.

More documentation is going to be released on Friday. Perhaps these will flesh out the connection between the house on 51 Benway and Jaclyn Dawe, if there is even one to begin with.

14. Softail

Softail New Member

Jimmy Kimmel...... :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_uLzEljo8"]How to Tell if Your Mayor is Smoking Crack - YouTube[/ame]

15. Kamille

:floorlaugh:

Jimmy Kimmel had FrayedKnot's idea of wishing Chris Farley was around to lampoon him.

:floorlaugh:

16. matou

matou #los2188

17. Kamille

18. kmclaren

kmclaren Well-Known Member

19. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

20. rubelet

rubelet New Member

There seem to be so many branches to this story, many suspicious avenues to pursue. I worry there is more to this story than just Ford's addiction problems.

21. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

bbm, What is the worry, may I ask?