Toronto subway busker stunned by sweet Christmas payday

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by dotr, Dec 8, 2019.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Dec 7 2019
    Toronto subway busker stunned by sweet Christmas payday
    "TORONTO -- A Toronto busker got the biggest payday of his life when a group of people he believed were commuters suddenly tipped him hundreds of dollars as he serenaded them at a subway station.

Mo Guzman, 26, a full-time busker for five years, told CTVNews.ca he was ”shocked and surprised” when people starting dropping $20, $50 and $100 dollar notes in his guitar case.

But all was not as it seems. The money actually came from Toronto marketing company Zulu Alpha Kilo, which wanted to do a good deed for the holidays."
    A video posted on Friday shows Guzman’s genuine shock as 40 Zulu Alpha Kilo employees approached and paid him some very generous tips.

Guzman was singing the Motown classic “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” at the time with his beagle Milo by his side. In the video he becomes emotional as a series of cameras catch his candid reaction.

“What is happening right now?” he asks.

"The crowd eventually gathers around him and claps to the music, with a few people stepping forward to dance.

Overwhelmed, Guzman addressed the group.

“I just recently had my daughter, she’s like three months old. Just doing my thing as a first time dad and honestly thank you. I’m at a loss for words, I’ve never had an experience like this. I feel truly blessed,” he said."

meterclicks, lindylou, LadyL and 2 others like this.