Toronto, Tunnel found near sporting venue

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Yoda, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Yoda

Yoda Master

2. Loading...

3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I wonder what this is about hopefully more will be said at the press conference today.

4. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

They can't tell what they don't know...iykwim.

:moo:

5. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

How delightful! A real mystery. I'd be checking out all the Engineering students at York U who are the progeny of Catholic war veterans.

Just a guess.

6. tarabull

What bunch of contradictory BS....

:moo: :cow:

It's not a threat, nothing criminal here folks, but yet it's a total mystery.

:crazy:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot BATMAN.

7. Nova

Nova Active Member

Why Catholic war veterans? Last I heard, even the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland had called a truce.

8. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Call me clueless, but what do Catholic war veterans have to do with digging a secret tunnel?

9. musicaljoke

Just kidding. My pathetic little joke was based on the evidence in the article of the rosary, Remembrance Day poppy, and proximity to York U.

10. SallyLu

SallyLu New Member

I find this story fascinating. It must have been dug when the weather was warmer but for what reason - beats me.

11. CoolJ

CoolJ Well-Known Member

Strange that they are making a big deal out of this! unless there is something they are not saying. JMO

12. Darkblue

Darkblue Member

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/1...-found-by-police-in-abandoned-pickering-home/

Remember this case? I have a feeling that this may end up a similar story. Yikes.

Of course we can't eliminate terrorism, due to the times we live in, proximity to a Pan Am site, etc.

This is weird, whatever it is. This would have taken time, money (unless the equipment was stolen), and a lot of energy, as this was apparently all hand built.

I can't fathom why someone would build something like this, and in that location.

13. Darkblue

Darkblue Member

In reply to an above poster, it is pretty strange... and someone did take pains to make sure that they were not discovered.

14. tarabull

re the link you posted ---- You are reading my mind...

15. matou

matou #los2188

Someone dug this by hand and removed the soil. That's a whole lot of soil. Also, someone brought in wood and used tools to buttress the entire tunnel. So then why? The effort is monumental.

B-oA8UYUAAANwoU.jpg
    http://t.co/wzhraAcH5s

Wooden rosary and Remembrance Day poppy found in tunnel

16. Darkblue

Darkblue Member

I wonder why that expensive equipment was left lying around there. Even if it was stolen, leaving it lying about makes no sense.

The bright red jerrycan caught the Conservation Officer's attention, according to a news report I saw.

It gave material for the police to trace. There could be prints/DNA on it. It could be reused later.

Also, what road nearby could a vehicle be parked on to bring all this stuff in. It must have been a logistical nightmare, especially for someone (or several people) trying to be sneaky and not get caught.

17. matou

matou #los2188

I know there are many homeless people living in the green spaces all through Toronto. I see some with tents, but during winter this wouldn't seem likely to me, to live outdoors. Maybe one was building a place for himself and others? My optimistic mind hopes that's all it is. I also remember the dungeon found in Pickering. JMO

18. Darkblue

Darkblue Member

It could be some avant-garde living experiment, but I doubt it. It doesn't seem to be the work of a homeless person, either.

In order to have the strength to do that work, and have the financial resources, you would be at the beginning edges of homelessness, I would imagine. Or, it would be done simply as an experiment.

To get all that material to that location, a vehicle of some sort would have to be used. I can't imagine hoofing it over hill and dale with generators, buckets, shovels, lighting systems, sump pumps, food and provisions, etc.

You would need something to at least get to the end of the nearest road.

19. tarabull

20. musicaljoke

With a bachelor apartment costing about $1000.00 per month, I can imagine a group of four or five clever students doing some real estate development. Their rent-free digs (heh!) could save them more than $40,000 a year.

21. tarabull

Snipped from the link in my last past...
    :whistle: