Toy horse found at crime scene

Having KC's fingerprints on the horses doesn't prove she did it. KC and Caylee lived together and most likely her fingerprints would be on the horses. However, a lack of anyone else's fingerprints on the horses other than family members would go to show that no one else did it either. It really is better if they can find KCs prints on the horse to prove that no one wiped them off and therefore no one else dumped her there.

Our think the best bet for fingerprints is going to be the duct tape. I was using some yesterday to pack up our Christmas lights and paid special attention to how I used it.

The way you unwind it should leave a good thumb print on the sticking side of the tape where you pull it off the roll and also where you rip it off. Note I said rip it off as the brand we have (3M) does not require a knife or scissors to cut it. It rips ever easily.

I thought my little pony also. The toys have long manes and tails that you can comb and style, just what a little girl would love to play with. It seems to me that the McDonald's sets had a comb in the package, too. On a side note, I do a lot of scrapbooking and I wonder if there any photos of Caylee with the toy horse in a scrapbook taken from the A's house. The search warrant did specify scrapbooking material.

I don't know if anyone else may have mentioned this but could it have been an Eeyore, I realize that he is not a horse, but someone could have called it that. It does go with the room theme and all the Pooh collections are made is several different plastic sizes. Maybe that is why they would know if it came from a set, all the others are there pooh, tigger, rabbit, etc. The come is several different styles including one for the tub. Just a thought. And as always JMO

Well a toy horse was found at the crime scene..as was the blanket, and the sticker...the toy horse was another reason they felt they had a direct link to home, as this "toy horse" was part of a set... the rest of the set found at the A home.

Do we know this information of a certainty-that the "set" was found at the house??? I have not seen this so far. Do you happen to have a link to where you saw it or recall?

There is no spoon.(The Matrix...which I feel that we have been in for a while now in all of this!)
There is no nanny. (There never was, is or will be a nanny-she is a fictional character from Casey's mind!)
There is no one to blame but Casey. (And any reasonable thinking human is going to come to this same conclusion when faced with the totality of evidence...some doubt and REASONABLE doubt are worlds apart...)

That was reported on one of the new stories... i will find the link to it and post it in this thread

01/28/2009 Nancy Grace transcript..small plastic toy horse matches made from others found in A home.
HELLING: Well, not really because you know that when those come, that`s a motif that goes throughout the entire bedroom and that`s something that was found at the crime scene. And that`s real damming evidence for Casey.

GRACE: To Jessica D`Onofrio with WKMG, also joining us from Orlando. Jessica, now there is speculation -- we know that George Anthony is still in a psychiatric unit -- the timing of his attempted suicide or his rambling -- his writings and text messages about suicide, are right around the time that it comes out the heart sticker is placed on the child`s mouth, which had been duct taped, and the Winnie-the-Pooh blanket matches the set at home and the toy horse matches other toy horses in the home.

JESSICA D`ONOFRIO, WKMG: Not to mention -- we were talking about on one of your previous shows, Nancy, that those garbage bags -- that garbage bag that Caylee`s body was found in, matches garbage bags at the Anthony family home. So all of these things are coming out in the past week, couple weeks.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/28/ng.01.html

With all due respect to you, and little or none to NG and fiends, her program and others like it have not proven to be reliable sources of information.

Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.

Don't ask me about the knife.

Respectively, do you have a link that says the horse found at the scene is part of a SET found in the Anthony's home?

The only thing I have found so far is the following wording from a search warrant done after the remains were found:

"......small plastic toy horses similar to one found at the crime scene....."

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I just want to add that there appears to be some confusion between a search warrant asking for permission to look for toy horses, and LE actually having found "matching" toy horses.

Ok I am lost with the whole concept of why the toy horse and pooh blanket are so important here even if they did come from the house. Why couldn't KC just say that she had turned over Caylee to the 'nanny' with her pooh blanket and toy horse? Then it would not matter either way if it came from the house. Why is this incriminating? I used to drop off my baby with daycare with her blanket and some toys all the time. (not defending her just confused why this is a big thing at all) Someone HELP me understand the logic here. Thanks!

I agree, but can hear someone saying that the killer wore gloves and left no prints.

Have you ever tried to handle duct tape with gloves on? Darn near impossible. I doubt KC would have had the forethought to worry about finger prints on the duct tape. She didn't give much forethought to anything else in this case, why would she start with the duct tape? :rolleyes:

Ok I am lost with the whole concept of why the toy horse and pooh blanket are so important here even if they did come from the house. Why couldn't KC just say that she had turned over Caylee to the 'nanny' with her pooh blanket and toy horse? Then it would not matter either way if it came from the house. Why is this incriminating? I used to drop off my baby with daycare with her blanket and some toys all the time. (not defending her just confused why this is a big thing at all) Someone HELP me understand the logic here. Thanks!

Kitty,I have always felt the same way.The only thing I can come up with,is since this nanny doesn't exist,and LE can prove that KC has been lying about everything,all the things they are finding which are connected to KC and the Anthony house,takes away any reasonable doubt that it was anyone else but KC that murdered Caylee?

the toy horse in the laundry bag makes me think the bag may have been used as a toy bag instead of a laundry bag. The toy horse may just have been left in as it was emptied for another use:(

Have you ever tried to handle duct tape with gloves on? Darn near impossible. I doubt KC would have had the forethought to worry about finger prints on the duct tape. She didn't give much forethought to anything else in this case, why would she start with the duct tape? :rolleyes:

Indeed. In the poll, I seconded, or was it thirded or fourthted..., your idea of fingerprints on the duct tape used around the head and mouth of Caylee as the best forensic evidence of her culpability.

the toy horse in the laundry bag makes me think the bag may have been used as a toy bag instead of a laundry bag. The toy horse may just have been left in as it was emptied for another use:(

The docs don't state that the toy horse was found inside any bag. Only that it was found at the crime scene. It may have been in a bag, or not. Anyway, your point still stands. The laundry bag may have been used for things other than laundry.

Attachments

• items sought Dec 20.jpg
    items sought Dec 20.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 85
It was reported they did find similar horses at the A fam house. (NO. I do not have a link.) I believe you can find it in the transcripts of NG tho. ;)

If the laundry hamper bag was in Cindy's house...my guess is it was used for that purpose exclusively. She is so nitpicky about everything else and I don't see her settling for anything less than to use it for the actual purpose.

It brings up that the clothing and blanket could have been inside as dirty laundry tho and the horse accidently was wrapped up in it before being tossed to wash.

It was reported they did find similar horses at the A fam house. (NO. I do not have a link.) I believe you can find it in the transcripts of NG tho. ;)
(snip)

With all due respect, I do not consider NG a reliable source. My opinion of her was not high to begin with, but since becoming more familiar with the details of this case it has plummeted. Quite frankly, I now am inclined to disbelieve anything she says without substantial corroboration.

I'll even give reserved credence or at least consideration to local (to Orange Cty.) news reports based on "reliable inside sources", but Nancy's credibility has, IMO, been utterly demolished. Even the words of her guests have become suspect, although I'm willing to consider each on their own record and merits.

I will welcome, and eagerly await reference to any other source reporting that LE has indeed removed toy horses from the Anthony home.

While I agree to a certain extent, I think the producer on the ground in Orlando has tried very hard to be accurate in her reports. Granted, some of the guests and NG do get things turned around at times...but no more than other reporters we have seen on various shows and local coverage.

Without LE giving us a blow by blow description of everything...we can only go with what is out there being reported on some things. While I might be cautious with certain information and the source...it isn't going to keep me from trying to find out more about it and form my own opinions.

Ok well here is something I pointed out earlier in the thread...
I think a probable approach will be that "someone" with access to the house took her, her toys, her blanket, the duct tape, the garbage bag, and the sticker and whisked her away and then decided almost immediately to put her in KC's trunk, and then a few days later to get rid of her right near the home.

As to whether it can cause reasonable doubt because the perp might have worn gloves, well, yes, it could. Which is why, IMO, LE is trying to tie as many of the items back to the home as possible. LE has in their possession a person who had access to all of the above items, as well as access to the victim, a car with decomp in it, no alibi, a history of lying, and a possible motive. The defense would have to somehow float the premise that someone else could have had access to all these items even though there has been no evidence of anyone else. That is where doubt becomes less reasonable.

I further think that although KC *could* say she gave all these items to the nanny with Caylee - but she DIDN'T. In order for there to be a new story about what items the nanny might have, it seems to me she would need to take the stand. There is no one else who can testify as to what the nanny might have in her possession besides KC... well her and Zanny. I can't imagine JB letting her on the stand about these items though.... :D

So the main reason they want to get these items and link them to the house is to show an abundance of evidence. No one thing means anything, but in their entirety they mean a lot.

And fortytwo, I agree with your assessment of some of NG's reporting. People magazine also mentions the horse matching horses in the home, as well as a second knife at the crime scene. Wherever NG got their information, People read the same stuff. Again, we don't know if it is true or false, just that the official documents do not support it at this time.

While I agree to a certain extent, I think the producer on the ground in Orlando has tried very hard to be accurate in her reports. Granted, some of the guests and NG do get things turned around at times...but no more than other reporters we have seen on various shows and local coverage.

Without LE giving us a blow by blow description of everything...we can only go with what is out there being reported on some things. While I might be cautious with certain information and the source...it isn't going to keep me from trying to find out more about it and form my own opinions.

Very graciously put, and in general I concur.

I concede that my "skepticism bump" is bigger and more sensitive than many people's. While I'm interested in new developments, however, I deplore the efforts by the various media to distort and outright fabricate facts to sell their product. The degree to which they restrain themselves from that urge is commensurate with the degree to which I respect their offerings.

Until I am offered a more reliable source than NG and her ilk I'm afraid that I will continue to believe the reports about matching toys being found at the A's house to be a result of misunderstanding the search warrant in the doc dump.

While I agree to a certain extent, I think the producer on the ground in Orlando has tried very hard to be accurate in her reports.

Her producers need to do their research here!

Is it enough for LE to prove that the toy horse (or the sticker or duct tape, etc) came from the A home? I just wonder if JB would be able to say well, Zani came in and took those when she killed Caylee. Or that Casey took the toys over to Zani's home and then Zani killed Caylee. I mean, any items that came from the house could have Casey's prints simply because she mostly lived there, but the REAL perp (yeah, right) stole them or got them some other way. Doesn't mean Casey herself put them with the body.

I'm just so afraid she can get off if there's even the tiniest bit of reasonable doubt. IMO the totality of the evidence points to Casey - but so afraid that Casey's fingerprints on anything can be explained away by JB because Caylee and anything with her body all came from the house where Casey mostly lived.

But I suppose that if they found KC and Caylee's prints (ONLY) on the toy horse that the defense could not explain why someone else's prints are not present. They're trying to say someone else did it, right? Then their should be other prints, IMO.

Very graciously put, and in general I concur.

I concede that my "skepticism bump" is bigger and more sensitive than many people's. While I'm interested in new developments, however, I deplore the efforts by the various media to distort and outright fabricate facts to sell their product. The degree to which they restrain themselves from that urge is commensurate with the degree to which I respect their offerings.

Until I am offered a more reliable source than NG and her ilk I'm afraid that I will continue to believe the reports about matching toys being found at the A's house to be a result of misunderstanding the search warrant in the doc dump.

ITA...btw, I love your signature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back