Tracy Morgan in critical condition after accident

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/justice/tracy-morgan-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Walmart's response Monday to a lawsuit filed by Tracy Morgan over the car crash that left him in critical condition elicited a response of its own on Tuesday from the recovering comedian -- and it doesn't sound like he's laughing.

"I can't believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused," the former "Saturday Night Live" star said in a statement....

Tracy might not believe it, but I have no trouble whatsoever believing it. And though I think Walmart needs to shut up and open their wallets, there probably is some truth to the fact that if the passengers of the car had been wearing seatbelts, some of the tragedy could possibly have been mitigated. Nevertheless, sans the negligence of the Walmart driver, all parties would have arrived at their next destination exactly as they had left the previous one...

Tracy might not believe it, but I have no trouble whatsoever believing it. And though I think Walmart needs to shut up and open their wallets, there probably is some truth to the fact that if the passengers of the car had been wearing seatbelts, some of the tragedy could possibly have been mitigated. Nevertheless, sans the negligence of the Walmart driver, all parties would have arrived at their next destination exactly as they had left the previous one...

I agree, there is a degree of truth to the claim. No cheerleader to Walmart here, and the driver of the semi clearly caused the accident...but had they been wearing seatbelts, perhaps the injuries they suffered would have been less severe.

I agree, there is a degree of truth to the claim. No cheerleader to Walmart here, and the driver of the semi clearly caused the accident...but had they been wearing seatbelts, perhaps the injuries they suffered would have been less severe.

I agree too. I don't think it leaves Walmart off the hook, but is a valid reason for a lower settlement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he in a limo-bus vehicle? Is there a passenger seatbelt law on busses?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he in a limo-bus vehicle? Is there a passenger seatbelt law on busses?

I don't know, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have chosen to wear them. If they had been wearing seatbelts, it's pretty likely that at least some of them would not have been so severely injured.

I'm no limo expert, but every limo I've ever been in did have seatbelts.

I would imagine that 99% of the people in a limo bus are not belted while the bus is moving. Getting drinks, standing up, etc.. are part of the reason to rent a party bus. JMO

Oh. my. Traumatic brain injury = not good
Traumatic brain injury requiring daily therapy after this amount of time = really not good

I feel very sad for him and his family. Wish them the best.

How freakin sad.....

"It's still unclear when Tracy Morgan will be able to make people laugh again."

"The “30 Rock” star's lawyer says his client’s been making progress in rehab, but it's still not known if he'll ever be "the Tracy Morgan he once was."

“We just don't know because of the severity of the injuries he sustained and the fact that he had such a severe brain injury,” lawyer Benedict Morelli told The Associated Press on Tuesday."

“He’s still fighting and trying to live his life at the same time and trying to get better, and he’s just not better. We’re hoping and praying to get him back to where he was. But the jury’s out.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...overing-brain-injury-lawyer-article-1.2014942

Tina Fey shares update on Tracy Morgan, says comedian wants to appear on her Netflix series
The ‘30 Rock’ actress said that Morgan wants to be on her new series ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ once he feels better. 'He's got a long road ahead of him, but he's going to get there,' Fey said about her former co-star.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...pdate-tracy-morgan-recovery-article-1.2072052

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ddfa...sbreak-family-man-killed-morgan-crash-settles

The terms of the settlement are confidential, but McNair family attorney Daryl Zaslow told The Associated Press the family was pleased with the outcome.

Wal-Mart "caused extensive damage" to the family but accepted responsibility and "more than stepped up to the plate and took care of this family," Zaslow said.

"Ultimately they did the right thing by the McNairs," he said.

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said the company, based in Bentonville, Arkansas, was working toward settlements with others injured in the accident.

Tracy Morgan pictured walking with aid of cane as comic's arduous recovery from devastating brain injury continues

30 Rock star has only been seen in public a handful of times since his tragic June crash on the New Jersey Turnpike

Morgan was seriously injured and his friend, comedian James McNair was killed, when their limo van was struck by a Wal-Mart truck

Morgan was seen arriving to a New York City hospital with his fiancée Megan Wollover and their daughter Maven on Saturday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-brain-injury-continues.html#ixzz3QWqG5xwt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back