Transgender considerations in UID remains and missing/murder investigations

Dotr great find! That is a good question. Maybe starting a thread for Missing Trans might be a good idea,? Iam sure that list will get longer too. Again they can have their own individual thread but then be on a missing Trans thread together. Like we are attempting here. I don't know I guess we can get input from everyone on the list?
Carbuff Rocks for starting this one!!! Thank you!

I came across this guy from 1981 Canada.. once again I really hate that they never elaborate on the "Female Articles of Clothing" that the body was found with. Bra? Panty? Dress? Etc.. anyway I thought I would post.

• Date of Discovery: October 31, 1981
  • Location of Discovery: Hinton, Alberta, Canada
  • Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
  • State of Remains: Unknown
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 55-65 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 5'8" to 5'9"
  • Weight: 125-145 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Gray, shoulder-length.
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

• Dentals: Unknown
  • Fingerprints: Unknown
  • DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing:
  • Blue hip-length jacket,
  • red checkered shirt,
  • checkered pants, and white socks.
  • There were also several items of female clothing accompanying the body.

• Jewelry: Gold wedding band.
  • Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
The victim was found in the woods approximately 4.5 miles east of Hinton.

The Doe Network: 2524UMAB

I came across this one which they did DNA but still are open to the possibility of it being either male or female.

The Doe Network: 2524UMAB

3115UMTX.jpg

Reconstruction by Lois Gibson.

Date of Discovery: October 3, 1989
Location of Discovery: Houston, Harris County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1-3 years prior
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: Unknown. Possibly Black, Hispanic and/or Asian
Sex: Presumed male
Height: 5'1" to 5'5"
Weight: 100 to 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Moderate wear/dentin exposure on posterior teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing: Levi's blue jeans, size 28, length 32; a navy-blue Jordache belt, size 28; and men's Jockey-type Hanesunderwear, size 34. One tennis shoe brand K-Mart Track King, Size 11.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: In pockets were two 36-cent postage stamps, three $1 bills, a cash register receipt dated March 15, and was for the purchase of envelopes at a store at Weslayen and Bissonnet and a Busch key chain.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was found in the woods south of the 6400 block of Memorial Drive, in Houston, Texas on October 3, 1989.

The remains were initially believed to be female. Further examination indicated more prominent male characteristics, yet female cannot be completely excluded.

I came across this one and thought I would add him.
1608UMNY.jpg

Case #6816
View on NamUs
Date found July 10, 1997
Age 30 to 50 years old
Sex Male
Race Unsure
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Circumstances Unknown Asian male found in a suitcase by two men fishing at above location.

Location Found
Address 20th street and 3rd Avenue

City Brooklyn
County Kings
State New York

Body condition Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Post-mortem interval Not specified
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Weight null lbs
Height 63 inches
Hair color Brown
Head hair straight brown hair, 2.5" (around ears and back of head), severe male pattern balding
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

Piercings right ear pierced twice
Finger and toe nails painted pink with silver tips

Other physical details yellow metal open faced crown on an upper central incisor

Jewelry 15" necklace: double strand of white cloth with clasp, joining a metal enamel pendant of a red star with a black heart and white stripes

The Lost & The Found

Gardner had made a thread for this guy. Not sure if he is already posted her but I thought I would add.
MD - MD - Baltimore, BlkMale, 35-45, Pierced Ears, Painted Nails, Fem Shoes w/low heels, Dec'94

The Doe Network
2199ummd.jpg

Artistic rendering of the victim

Unidentified Male
  • Date of Discovery:
  • December 25, 1994
  • Location of Discovery:
  • Baltimore City County, Baltimore, Maryland
  • Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
  • State of Remains:
  • Recognizable face
  • Cause of Death:
  • Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 35-45 years old
  • Race: Unknown
  • Height: 5'8" to 5'10"
  • Weight: 132 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Brown, fine and straight.
  • Eye Color: Brown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features:
  • Pierced ears.
  • Fingernails long and painted.
  • He had lipstick marks on both cheeks. He likely demonstrated signs of chronic illness.
  • Not circumcised.

• Dentals: Available.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Not available. Unknown. Available.
  • Clothing:
  • White T-shirt, green turtleneck worn backward, blue jeans, brown belt, brown shoes (low heel, feminine-looking), blue belt, black pouch, and a blue baseball cap.

• Jewelry:
  • Silver ring worn on left 4th finger.

• Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
The victim was found lying in a parking lot in the 400 block of Marion Alley in Baltimore.

Information Source(s)
The Doe Network: 2199UMMD

Anyone else notice a lot of the unidentified trans persons were found/killed during the 70's/80's? And also that they are mostly born male? The way the 1980's viewed trans and homosexual individuals possibly had to do with the AIDS mass panic. What about the 1970's would be relevant to the amount of trans UID's? The gay rights liberation maybe? I found that before 1973 homosexuality was seen as mental disorder and it wasn't until 1987 that it was completely out of DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).

Anyways what I was wondering about was if some of these UID's were once teen runaways from prior decades. Either could have ran away voluntarily in fear of stigma, or were shunned by their families and not reported missing. I was wondering this when I was searching the Doe Network for a match for Julie Doe.

I found this list after reading about Brandon Teena's murder (a FTM trans person). I was shocked that 2016 had almost 50 trans murders! That is so recent! This list features Julie Doe.

Relating to Trans hate crimes, as of 2018, in 47 states it is still legal to use the gay/trans 'panic' defense. A very unjust legal defense that is an excuse to take responsibility off of the defendant by claiming self defense. That they acted out in violence because they were so repulsed by unwanted same sex relations. It is really disgusting! Really disgusting to think that even if these Doe's killers were caught that they might not, even then, get justice.

Anyone else notice a lot of the unidentified trans persons were found/killed during the 70's/80's? And also that they are mostly born male? The way the 1980's viewed trans and homosexual individuals possibly had to do with the AIDS mass panic. What about the 1970's would be relevant to the amount of trans UID's? The gay rights liberation maybe? I found that before 1973 homosexuality was seen as mental disorder and it wasn't until 1987 that it was completely out of DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).

Anyways what I was wondering about was if some of these UID's were once teen runaways from prior decades. Either could have ran away voluntarily in fear of stigma, or were shunned by their families and not reported missing. I was wondering this when I was searching the Doe Network for a match for Julie Doe.

I found this list after reading about Brandon Teena's murder (a FTM trans person). I was shocked that 2016 had almost 50 trans murders! That is so recent! This list features Julie Doe.

Relating to Trans hate crimes, as of 2018, in 47 states it is still legal to use the gay/trans 'panic' defense. A very unjust legal defense that is an excuse to take responsibility off of the defendant by claiming self defense. That they acted out in violence because they were so repulsed by unwanted same sex relations. It is really disgusting! Really disgusting to think that even if these Doe's killers were caught that they might not, even then, get justice.

Thank you athousandyearswide, for adding all that great info to this post and keeping it going.
I think it's a combination of teen runaways like you mentioned from prior decades that prob were reported at the time and ones that were just rejected by their Families who sadly prob were not reported by anyone.
I still keep searching and anyone I find that could fit the profile I post here to keep them all together.

Why Transgender Americans Are Being Murdered
August 17, 2015
"The legal victories and increased media coverage of LGBT people in recent months has been largely positive for the community, experts like Keisling say. More people feel comfortable coming out, giving others the chance to meet and befriend someone who is transgender or gay, building the personal relationships that activists say are often the foundation for acceptance.

But the heightened visibility has also put more people at risk of being harassed or hurt. While images of Caitlyn Jenner receiving a standing ovation accepting an award in a Versace dress might seem to herald a sunny time for transgender Americans, most of them are still greatly disadvantaged socially and economically.

“Right now we’re experiencing a Dickensian time, where it’s the best of times and it’s the worst of times at once,” says transgender rights advocate Masen Davis, who formerly ran the Transgender Law Center. “We’re seeing a marked increase in the public awareness about transgender people and really incredible progress for trans rights, especially from a legal perspective. At the same time, we still represent and are part of a community that experiences incredibly high rates of unemployment, poverty and violence.”
"The NCAVP, which collects the most complete figures on hate crimes against LGBT people, notes that the Bureau of Justice Statistics estimated there may be 40 times more hate crimes occurring nationally than the FBI reports."

Lengthy, detailed article.
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/arti...why-so-many-trans-women-were-murdered-in-2015
"This October, in Philadelphia, a 22-year-old trans woman named Keisha Jenkins was shot and killed. A group of men fled the scene where she fell. In Fresno, in July, an unidentified driver beckoned Casey (aka K.c.) Haggard to his car. When Haggard leaned toward the passenger seat window, someone in the vehicle jabbed a knife into her throat then sped away. She stumbled down the street, fell to the ground, and started bleeding out. According to reports, she later died in the hospital. In February, Yazmin Vash Payne was stabbed by her boyfriend, Ezekial Dear. After killing her, Dear set their apartment on fire, leaving Yazmin to burn. More than one of this year's 23 lost souls were buried in shallow graves. In August, Shade Schuler's corpse decomposed beyond recognition in a vacant field in Dallas. Police attempted to identify her body by illustrating her tattoos, which they asked the public for help in identifying. In May, Mercedes Williamson's lover killed her then hid her body in his father's land in Rocky Creek, Alabama."

Hopefully this is more in keeping with the thread title, sorry for so many posts.
This Trans woman was recently murdered( in the midst of investigating another murder of her own initiative) but it took 5 days to identify her.
Ws thread.
Florida cold case researcher, Ellie Marie Washtock, 38, found dead in condo. 31 Jan 2019

Authorities ID person investigating Michelle O'Connell case who was found shot dead at World Golf Village
"Washtock identified as both a female and male, which delayed a positive identification from the medical examiner's office, PCSO said. Washtock also went by the names Eli and Craig Washtock. The medical examiner used physical characteristics like dental records and fingerprints to help identify the body.

Hopefully this is more in keeping with the thread title, sorry for so many posts.
This Trans woman was recently murdered( in the midst of investigating another murder of her own initiative) but it took 5 days to identify her.
Ws thread.
Florida cold case researcher, Ellie Marie Washtock, 38, found dead in condo. 31 Jan 2019

Authorities ID person investigating Michelle O'Connell case who was found shot dead at World Golf Village
"Washtock identified as both a female and male, which delayed a positive identification from the medical examiner's office, PCSO said. Washtock also went by the names Eli and Craig Washtock. The medical examiner used physical characteristics like dental records and fingerprints to help identify the body.

Great info thank dotr.

This UID is one I have honestly always questioned. I know they have her down as female, But could she actually have been mistaken and was trans? As we all know stranger things have happened. And at this point I think I question everything. Just wanted some feedback and thought this is the best thread.

227UFTX - Unidentified Female
227UFTX.jpg
227UFTX1.jpg
227UFTX2.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim. The wig & glasses in the reconstruction were found beside the body.

Date of Discovery: October 7, 1998
Location of Discovery: Weatherford, Parker County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 4 weeks prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Apparent suicide by gunshot

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 35-55 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3"-5'7"
Weight: 130-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown. Natural hair was long and put up in a bun with long bobby pins.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Sutures in her pelvic region possibly suggest a hysterectomy. Either two breast implants or prosthetic breasts. Her bra was a "pocket bra" with a facing on the inside to hold prosthetic breasts. This may suggest a possible mastectomy.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. She had some distinctive dental work, including a gold foil filling. She had $30,000-$35,000 worth of extensive dental work done, the work was of very high quality; gold foil fillings with porcelain veneers.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing: She was wearing a blue and white wind suit, a white bra with facing sewn on the back part of the cups, white or beige panties, white ankle socks and Natural Comfort white athletic shoes with teal trim (size 7). The manufacturer labels had been cut out of the wind suit, bra and panties.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A pair of glasses were found nearby. Near the body was a large blue shoulder bag. Inside the handbag was a long brown wig, a bottle of mineral water, and a pair of beige prescription glasses that were very inexpensive. A gun was found near the body.

Circumstances of Discovery
The woman's body was found in wooded area near interstate 20 in Weatherford, Texas. It appears that she committed suicide.

227UFTX

My only feedback is that something about this woman did make me wonder whether she was transgender.

Ok carbuff your seeing it too?!.. it was a different time.. she Could of been Trans, But they just never thought to call her that.. and did everything to justify it as a full woman.. kind of like w Julie doe. Again just wanted to add her to this thread just in case.

I thought i would post this here.

Confessed serial killer draws portraits of his victims, and the FBI asks for help naming them

Linking Little’s confessions to victims has been difficult for several reasons.

la-1550002687-5nefrwoit8-snap-image

Confessed serial killer Samuel Little has painted portraits of 16 of his victims who remain unidentified. (FBI)
Most lived on the margins of society: prostitutes, drug addicts or transgender women who drew little notice when they disappeared. Little’s memory for individual faces and the slayings is vivid, but his recall of dates can be off by a decade.

la-1550002634-pw8qwkgdkm-snap-image

Confessed serial killer Samuel Little has painted portraits of 16 of his victims who remain unidentified. (FBI)

I thought i would post this here.

Confessed serial killer draws portraits of his victims, and the FBI asks for help naming them

Linking Little’s confessions to victims has been difficult for several reasons.

la-1550002687-5nefrwoit8-snap-image

Most lived on the margins of society: prostitutes, drug addicts or transgender women who drew little notice when they disappeared. Little’s memory for individual faces and the slayings is vivid, but his recall of dates can be off by a decade.

la-1550002634-pw8qwkgdkm-snap-image

Noting this person in particular , from Ws thread..
FBI Releases More Samuel Little Drawings of Victims

samuellittle5.jpg

8/15
Black male, age 18, killed in 1971 or 1972 in Miami, Florida. Victim possibly called "Mary Ann" or "Marianne"
FBI releases drawings by US serial killer in bid to identify victims

Last edited:
I posted this to Julie Doe's thread today. I read an article yesterday about trans woman who transitioned in the 80's. Her story made me think of Julie Doe and how similar her story might be. Her name is Allison Washington and several articles of hers can be found here.

Could her story be similar to Julie's?
Allison transitioned the year Julie was found, 1988. She didn't even know what transgender was until she saw a pamphlet on gender dysmorphia in a doctor's office. She had one supportive parent, her mother, and one that forced her to live as male then kicked her out at 17, her father. She lived as a female until 14. Her mother allowed her to choose her sexual identity. She was born in Europe, which by her accounts was more accepting that she was different than most born-male children. At 14 she went to live with her father and he would beat her for so called 'prancing around'. She found solace in theater arts after that. When she found out she was trans in her 30's she details the struggle to reach someone, be it a doctor or support group. She made many, many calls. She said that she hadn't seen a trans person before she started joining the groups. She talks about the struggles with dating cis-gender men (cis-gender are people who identify by what gender they were assigned at birth). She says she doesn't disclose her birth gender in her relationships due to the unexpected reactions. Like in the cases of 'trans panic' defense still used in court for a 'defense excuse' for murdering a trans person. Because of this she doesn't bring up her past, which is something she mentioned trans-women had to do. Start over completely by disappearing after the transition was complete.

After reading Allison's story it made me wonder if Julie had her surgeries in Europe. She was found in a tourist area; however, isotopes place her as being a Florida native.

My personal story at the receiving end of a birth-gender reveal.
Regarding Allison's response to keeping her birth gender undisclosed, I have a personal story regarding that. I can't imagine how scary it must be to reveal this to a romantic partner. And no doubt how dangerous it potentially could be in some situations! I was on the receiving end of this particular situation at one time in my youth in high school. He was FTM transgender which I didn't know immediately. We were friends and were crushing on each other a bit. He was really cute and cool, but never turned into anything romantic. One night he tells me through text that he was born female which being in my teens took a second to grasp. He was the first transgender person I had met before. I didn't know how to react or respond honestly. He reacted very hostel to me when it took me a while to reply. I think I said 'oh wow! I'm still processing this' or something to that effect. He basically called me a piece of crap and told me people like me were 'the problem with the world'. I felt terrible! At that time in my life I had never had a boyfriend before or even kissed anyone yet either. His news was a lot to take in. In all honesty I was confused especially as someone who had gender confusion in elementary school. I had dealt with those confusing feelings before. Around age 8, I felt I would have been happier if born a boy and felt more comfortable in boys or unisex clothing. Being in girls frilly clothing made me feel so uncomfortable. I reminder feeling this intense self consciousness on the playground. It's hard to put into words... It's so weird, best way to describe it is a dehydrated, nails on the chalkboard feeling. Just pure discomfort in your skin. This went away in middle school on it's own and I also realized I was straight then too. So I could empathize with him, but at the same time I didn't know what to say or how to react. To this day he hasn't spoken to me and would deny my requests on social media. I lost a friend all because I didn't react the way they wanted me to. What would be the right way to respond? As someone with empathy for them, someone who has been there, I still responded wrong. That worries me to how the whole rest of the population would react. To be honest, I don't know if we would have dated. Being I had never even been with a cis-gender male at that time, I felt it would have been confusing to date a transgender person as my first ever relationship. I hope no one judges me for that! The whole experience made me feel guilty of my sexual orientation as a straight cis-gender female. I can't imagine how he felt. Looking back I still feel guilty for being straight... I'm sure trans people feel the same thing but reversed. I feel like this is struggle a lot of transgenders go through. Especially if they physically pass for cis-gender.

(Short version:
1. found a story of someone who transitioned in the 80's like Julie. She details some struggles Julie and other Doe's might have had as well.
2. Talked about trans revealing their birth gender which is risky due to violence. Possibly is what sealed the fate of some of these Doe's. And shared a personal story of where it happened to me.)

I posted this to Julie Doe's thread today. I read an article yesterday about trans woman who transitioned in the 80's. Her story made me think of Julie Doe and how similar her story might be. Her name is Allison Washington and several articles of hers can be found here.

Could her story be similar to Julie's?
Allison transitioned the year Julie was found, 1988. She didn't even know what transgender was until she saw a pamphlet on gender dysmorphia in a doctor's office. She had one supportive parent, her mother, and one that forced her to live as male then kicked her out at 17, her father. She lived as a female until 14. Her mother allowed her to choose her sexual identity. She was born in Europe, which by her accounts was more accepting that she was different than most born-male children. At 14 she went to live with her father and he would beat her for so called 'prancing around'. She found solace in theater arts after that. When she found out she was trans in her 30's she details the struggle to reach someone, be it a doctor or support group. She made many, many calls. She said that she hadn't seen a trans person before she started joining the groups. She talks about the struggles with dating cis-gender men (cis-gender are people who identify by what gender they were assigned at birth). She says she doesn't disclose her birth gender in her relationships due to the unexpected reactions. Like in the cases of 'trans panic' defense still used in court for a 'defense excuse' for murdering a trans person. Because of this she doesn't bring up her past, which is something she mentioned trans-women had to do. Start over completely by disappearing after the transition was complete.

After reading Allison's story it made me wonder if Julie had her surgeries in Europe. She was found in a tourist area; however, isotopes place her as being a Florida native.

My personal story at the receiving end of a birth-gender reveal.
Regarding Allison's response to keeping her birth gender undisclosed, I have a personal story regarding that. I can't imagine how scary it must be to reveal this to a romantic partner. And no doubt how dangerous it potentially could be in some situations! I was on the receiving end of this particular situation at one time in my youth in high school. He was FTM transgender which I didn't know immediately. We were friends and were crushing on each other a bit. He was really cute and cool, but never turned into anything romantic. One night he tells me through text that he was born female which being in my teens took a second to grasp. He was the first transgender person I had met before. I didn't know how to react or respond honestly. He reacted very hostel to me when it took me a while to reply. I think I said 'oh wow! I'm still processing this' or something to that effect. He basically called me a piece of crap and told me people like me were 'the problem with the world'. I felt terrible! At that time in my life I had never had a boyfriend before or even kissed anyone yet either. His news was a lot to take in. In all honesty I was confused especially as someone who had gender confusion in elementary school. I had dealt with those confusing feelings before. Around age 8, I felt I would have been happier if born a boy and felt more comfortable in boys or unisex clothing. Being in girls frilly clothing made me feel so uncomfortable. I reminder feeling this intense self consciousness on the playground. It's hard to put into words... It's so weird, best way to describe it is a dehydrated, nails on the chalkboard feeling. Just pure discomfort in your skin. This went away in middle school on it's own and I also realized I was straight then too. So I could empathize with him, but at the same time I didn't know what to say or how to react. To this day he hasn't spoken to me and would deny my requests on social media. I lost a friend all because I didn't react the way they wanted me to. What would be the right way to respond? As someone with empathy for them, someone who has been there, I still responded wrong. That worries me to how the whole rest of the population would react. To be honest, I don't know if we would have dated. Being I had never even been with a cis-gender male at that time, I felt it would have been confusing to date a transgender person as my first ever relationship. I hope no one judges me for that! The whole experience made me feel guilty of my sexual orientation as a straight cis-gender female. I can't imagine how he felt. Looking back I still feel guilty for being straight... I'm sure trans people feel the same thing but reversed. I feel like this is struggle a lot of transgenders go through. Especially if they physically pass for cis-gender.

(Short version:
1. found a story of someone who transitioned in the 80's like Julie. She details some struggles Julie and other Doe's might have had as well.
2. Talked about trans revealing their birth gender which is risky due to violence. Possibly is what sealed the fate of some of these Doe's. And shared a personal story of where it happened to me.)
Typo fix:
Gender dysphoria not gender dysmorphia

It's a difficult situation and yes, I can see how both you and your friend would have been hurt and confused. And yes, situations like that often escalate to violence very quickly. :(

Hugs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho