Transgenders express sex change regret...

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by TrackerSam, Nov 11, 2014.

1. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Generally speaking, a complete AIS person would present as female, but she doesn't have a uterus or menstruate and has the genetic makeup of a male.

2. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

(Emphasis added.) I think we need to see some sort of proof for that comment. Statistics, maybe? Or are you just reading Scientology literature?

As for inadequacies in the existing research on sexual orientation and/or identity, I don't think anybody questions that more research must be done. In the meantime, people like mmmagique and her daughter have to make decisions based on the research that exists.

3. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

Did you read my post when you quoted it? I was quite clear that I was not referring to anything you said when I spoke of "natural" inclinations in favor of the "status quo".

But then you seem to demonstrate exactly what I was talking about when you insist there will be no negative consequences of a delay.

4. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

A woman doesn't get THAT low a voice through mere practice. Having worked and, on one occasion, bar-hopped with Betty (her given name and the one she asked people to use in person), I suspect a lifetime of cigarettes and alcohol helped.

Neither of which ever affected her work onstage (other than helping to produce that unique voice), as far as I could tell. She was a great star and absolutely charismatic on stage.

5. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

I know I quoted my own post but I wanted to add some information. We adopted my daughter when she was 4 yrs old. She had been in foster homes for 2 years before. I had always told her I would help her meet her birth family when she was older, (8 brothers and sisters) After high school we arranged to meet her birth family. What I thought was so interesting was that she had two aunts that were gay. According to the family there had been at least one gay person born in every generation.

So here was my daughter, sitting with them, same mannerisms, very similar physical characteristics,yet she had never met them before. (according to the family) As far as I'm concerned, there is a definite genetic link. I will never be convinced otherwise.

6. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

I have to agree with you. Scientists are discovering more about our genetic makeup every day.

7. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

AIS (Androgen insensitivity syndrome) and "Ambiguous Genitalia" are really separate medical issues, from what we might consider culturally "standard" transgender issues. Culturally standard, meaning, when a person is born with a definitive gender and definitive genitalia and reproductive organs. However, it's a relevant specialty area involved with how we medically "treat" what is termed "DSDs"-- disorders of sexual development. Some resources:

(This organization has been re-named and re-organized as the Accord Alliance, linked below, but included for reference purposes.)

http://www.isna.org/

And the new organization:

http://www.accordalliance.org/

More references:

http://www.accordalliance.org/dsdguidelines/htdocs/clinical/index.html

http://www.accordalliance.org/dsdguidelines/htdocs/parents/index.html

8. msmorgan69

msmorgan69 New Member

Gender dysphoria is an actual biological and psychological condition. And to have surgery one must be diagnosed with it first. (Speaking only for US only)