FL FL - Trenton, AsianMale UP16082, 30-50, 5'2", dental plate, mist inhaler, hip dysplasia, Nov'80

Fuuro

spicy user
Reaction score
The "well-dressed" skeletal remains of a male were found at a trash dump off of Florida State Road 26 in Gilchrist County. He had been dead for about six months before being discovered. Found alongside his remains were an inhaler and a lighter.

"Sugar Hill" is a neighborhood in or near Trenton (the county seat of Gilchrist County). I am somewhat familiar with this part of north Florida, and I can say that this area does not have a sizeable Asian population by any means. According to the 2000 census, only 25 Asians lived in the entirety of Gilchrist County, which has a population of around 15,000 people.
I'm also familiar with another case of an Asian male whose skull was found in nearby Union County, Florida, another very small county with a tiny Asian population (roughly 45 people in the entire county). I think there's almost zero chance that the cases are connected, though, seeing as there is a 32-year gap in between the two discoveries, and there are no similarities between the cases except for the fact that both decedents have similar ancestry.

I'm not entirely sure what happened to the UID, but the circumstances of his discovery suggest foul play. I doubt he was a transient living near the garbage dump, so the only other explanation would be that his body was put in a dumpster and was taken away by a garbage truck. I think it could also be possible that he could have died as a result of medical complications, and the person with him at the time decided not to report the death and to get rid of the body, perhaps to continue receiving benefits intended for the victim. Unfortunately, I'm not able to locate any newspaper articles or anything that could clarify the circumstances of this UID's death, so all of this is unsubstantiated.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping.

I don't want to sound like I know more than the medical professionals who analyzed the remains of these UIDs (referring to the thread topic UID and the Worthington Springs, Union County John Doe) and designated them as belonging to Asian males. However, I personally think that there's a nonzero chance that one or both of these people are of a different racial background.

The following is all just speculation, but in particular, I think that if these two aren't truly Asian, they are most likely black. I have lived in this general region for as long as I can remember. As a whole, northern Florida and southern Georgia have significantly above-average black populations and very small Asian populations. I'm also aware of at least two cases of UIDs who were previously thought to have been Asian being identified within the last year or so and revealed to have actually been black.

I also think that it's somewhat unlikely that these people are from out-of-town. In my opinion, Trenton and Worthington Springs are places that someone has to go out of their way to find. They are fairly rural areas and aren't exactly close to any interstates (I-75 does run about 25 mi. east of Trenton west of the Gainesville area, and I-10 runs through areas about 20 mi. north of Worthington Springs).

@Fuuro , consider that these gentlemen may be mixed race -- the child of an African-American parent and and Asian parent.

IIRC, Tiger Wood's Mom is Thai & his Dad African-American.

I have heard this described as "Blasian."

Perhaps most common around military bases, this is where I heard the term.

JMHO YMMV

NamUS states the hair is brown. Asian hair is very unique in color and texture. It is more commonly known as true black, not brown. This leads me to believe he is likely only part Asian. He may have a flatter nose bridge indicative of Asian descent. If there were a photo of the skull, it would be obvious.

Just want to say thanks to you both, Laughing and PayrollNerd, for following this case.

I definitely think that mixed race could be a possibility here. I also didn't notice that they were able to determine Trenton John Doe's hair color, considering he had been deceased for a while and was either totally or almost totally skeletal.

There was a picture of Union County / Worthington Springs John Doe's skull on NamUS, but it's since been taken down. I think that it might be helpful if someone trained in discerning race based on characteristics of the skull takes a look at it if we're able to find a copy of the photo.

Just want to say thanks to you both, Laughing and PayrollNerd, for following this case.

I definitely think that mixed race could be a possibility here. I also didn't notice that they were able to determine Trenton John Doe's hair color, considering he had been deceased for a while and was either totally or almost totally skeletal.

There was a picture of Union County / Worthington Springs John Doe's skull on NamUS, but it's since been taken down. I think that it might be helpful if someone trained in discerning race based on characteristics of the skull takes a look at it if we're able to find a copy of the photo.
I had downloaded that skull photo before it was removed. I don’t know the post # on the Worthingtin thread but I did a skull comparison. I put the skull in the top center and put a UID on either side of it. The bottom row was 3 different skulls for comparison. You can see the flat nose bridge.

ETA: Attached is the clip I made. See post #8 in the other thread.

Attachments

• 2D5294C0-F5FE-4DA9-BA94-54B983D6D7B6.jpeg
    2D5294C0-F5FE-4DA9-BA94-54B983D6D7B6.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 13
Another clue that he is not 100% Asian is the dental plate. Asians are known for poor or no dental care. The fact that there was dental care, especially a plate, means they had funding, dental insurance or both. Some industries require good dental care such as sales. An employer would not send a salesperson with a poor smile or missing teeth. This person could have been in a customer facing field like car sales, management or similar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back