Trial Catch-Phrases /Bloopers,Baezisms and just plain funny MERGED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say great post, darnudes! Poisonous dwarf......ha!!:)

"So you can't testify intelligently..." to a forensic anthropologist testifying during the SA's rebuttal. I think he also said this at least one other time to another SA witness. Just rude. Shows a real lack of intelligence that he has to resort to smarkiness to attempt to make a point. IMO.

You understand what you are talking about and I understand what you are talking about but the jury is too dumb to understand so let me rephrase it in simple terms. You are saying blah, blah, blah, correct? No Mr. Baez, you are not correct.

Please excuse the paraphrasing.

To pony-tailed meter reader: "Now, you said the body's probably in the woods because of Casey's close-to-home statement, correct? It wasn't because of George's close-to-home statement? Because the police were never looking at George....."

One of the most ridiculous things he's ever said. Didn't even try to make it legitimate, purely just wanted the jury to hear it.

jb: so when you and george buried sparky you used duct tape to wrap the bag?
ca: no, we used plastic packing tape.
jb: so when you buried spot, you again used duct tape?

jb: yahoo's not really a word. I guess it depends on what part of the country you're from.

I don't think there are too many people out there that JB has not insulted.

Everyone please remember this thread is not to come up with your own insults to Baez but to come up with actual things Baez said during the trial.

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith

Jeff Ashton questioning the grief counselor woman. I transcribed her journal title because it really, really deserved it.

JA: What are the peer reviewed journals you have published in?

Grief lady: Uhhhhmmmm... South.... west... southern.. south.... east... research... journal... yeah after Katrina we wrote a grant, and....

JA: Objection - I was only going to ask for the names of the journals.

Grief lady: Well I was gonna tell you they're online journals.

JA (who knows she made this up): So it was southeast.... something?

eta: Anyone able to find the online peer reviewed Southeast Research Journal?

*think A Fish Called Wanda* "I'm Harvey Man...fred...jen...sen...den." LOL!

She had published a little something in a journal called
Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research. Close but no cigar.
http://www.snrs.org/publications/SOJNR_articles/iss04vol07.pdf

"Well...that's a lot of assuming." ~ Dr Sally after being given a 15 minute long list of "theoretical circumstances".

Although this is not a blooper or blunder, I cannot keep from laughing at JA's hand motions during portion the trial. Frankly, I'm not sure why this cracks me up, but right now it sure does! :)

Watch from 14:00 to 16:37 and enjoy! :rocker:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28099804/index.html

Although this is not a blooper or blunder, I cannot keep from laughing at JA's hand motions during portion the trial. Frankly, I'm not sure why this cracks me up, but right now it sure does! :)

he looks like my 8 year old when he is fidgety. cute cute cute. especially with the very calm and very still LDB sitting right by.

OMGosh! Thank you! I really needed that belly laugh. He and LDB are like an old married couple. He chatters away and she has on her rubber ears and doesn't really pay much attention like she's saying, "mmm hmm... yes dear - whatever".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member