Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting a really sketchy feeling about this postponement.

There's no excuse why the public should be kept in the dark as to the reasoning behind the continuance. The order itself needs to state a reason why before a judge can sign off on it!

I have yet to see any info regarding which side of the case submitted it. I am assuming the State? But, why should I have to assume about what is happening in my local public courthouse? :banghead:

I have been getting a really sketchy feeling about this postponement.

There's no excuse why the public should be kept in the dark as to the reasoning behind the continuance. The order itself needs to state a reason why before a judge can sign off on it!

I have yet to see any info regarding which side of the case submitted it. I am assuming the State? But, why should I have to assume about what is happening in my local public courthouse? :banghead:

Ironically, last week was "Sunshine Week" around the US.

Sunshine Week is a national initiative spearheaded by the American Society of News Editors to educate the public about the importance of open government and the dangers of excessive and unnecessary secrecy. It was established in March 2005 with funding from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Week

Sunshine Week org
http://www.sunshineweek.org

I thought more about it and I guess the defense would not have an issue with a delay since their clients are out on bond. I mean technically, they are "free" until there is a conviction, correct? Question.... If HE body is found between now and the court date, the Ms can't be put back in jail just for that fact, can they? Ugh.

I don't think so unless say...a bullet was found with her remains that came from their gun? I'm really not sure.

Judge Dennis makes me VERY nervous. I've been looking at his sentencing history and well, I'll let you do your own research. I don't want to violate TOS in any way. Google him and I'm sure you will see what I'm looking at.

I also don't like that he's from Moncks Corner, if it's not going to be a Horry County judge then can't it at least be a judge who's not from the same hometown as the accused?

I really want all the social media drama to stop, it's just so cruel - to both families really. I hate to see this trial get drug out longer but if it makes for a better outcome I guess we have to wait. [emoji35]

I think you said what a lot of people are thinking. Good job. :)

"I love Ms Nancy! She and I see eye to eye. I would love to have coffee with her one day and discuss how the death penalty really should operate. Punishment in this country never fits the crime and it's long overdue that it does once again." ~ Tammy Caison Moorer

Um, so I may or may not have received a "Juror Summons for Circuit Court" in the mail yesterday. What are the odds? It's for the "term beginning week of: 4/20/2015," and it's for the Court of Common Pleas and General Sessions. Does that week jive with what we know about jury selection? I'm not thinking straight right now, thanks to a pollen-induced headache, so what can y'all tell me?

Um, so I may or may not have received a "Juror Summons for Circuit Court" in the mail yesterday. What are the odds? It's for the "term beginning week of: 4/20/2015," and it's for the Court of Common Pleas and General Sessions. Does that week jive with what we know about jury selection? I'm not thinking straight right now, thanks to a pollen-induced headache, so what can y'all tell me?

Wow, Surfside, I would be asking the same questions because I am not sure how that works. The timing of jury selection seems possible.

Hope you feel better too!

Wow, Surfside, I would be asking the same questions because I am not sure how that works. The timing of jury selection seems possible.

Hope you feel better too!
Thanks. I'll be glad when the pollen is gone. Everything's yellow & I think I've had just one headache-free day in over 2 weeks.

I wasn't even sure if I should post about jury duty, but who else could help me figure it out, if not you fine sleuths? [emoji2]

Tapatalking, yo.

Not sure how that works in SC. But if you disappear from these threads for the duration of the trial, we'll know where to look for you :D

I can't help but wonder if the attorneys would ask potential jurors about WS.

Tapatalking, yo.

They probably should. We have enough threads here on people being missing from Myrtle Beach that we know they're aware of us!

Thanks. I'll be glad when the pollen is gone. Everything's yellow & I think I've had just one headache-free day in over 2 weeks.

I wasn't even sure if I should post about jury duty, but who else could help me figure it out, if not you fine sleuths? [emoji2]

Tapatalking, yo.
I'm in the Charleston area and I feel you on the pollen. Been so miserable for days.

Is there a way to find out a docket for upcoming circuit cases? Or how many, at least? Could narrow down your odds...

I can't help but wonder if the attorneys would ask potential jurors about WS.

Tapatalking, yo.

They may not be specific and say WS, but I'm sure they will refer to social media, since the accused loved to share so much!

WS isn't as famous as people may think. It's known in some circles, but not all, and believe it or not there are lots of legal jurisdictions that are not familiar with WS. In addition there are many other crime discussion communities out there. On top of that, Facebook and Twitter are used 1000x more than WS. But social media taken as a whole is a beacon of gossip for true crime cases, so the lawyers will not want someone who hangs out discussing this case, that's for sure, whether it's here or somewhere else.

I don't necessarily think WS is famous among the general public. But, I, like many others I'm sure, found it when I was googling for news on a case that was personal to me. It was one of the first hits. I would assume any good lawyer(s) is googling their clients to keep on top of damage control. They would come across WS in this endeavor. IMO.

The defense probably would if they were doing searches. The prosecution in my area was completely unaware of WS until it came up during a couple trials. Like I said, I don't think it's as well known in legal and LE circles as some think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth