trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically he did Jodi's version of events PLUS the 29 stabs and gun shot and slicing of throat in 62 seconds or less? If so he needs to try out for the Olympics because only usain bolt can pull off something like that. I will look for it online. I can't wait to see this.

Could NOT do it in that time frame. That was the point. I cannot believe it is not on here yet. I got home late, so I thought for sure it would have been discussed already. Te 62 secs had already lapsed (almost) BEFORE he ran for a knife.

This Dr Samuels claims "intercourse causes amnesia" .... :laughcry:

Well, it had (in the past, put ME in a state of amnesia) because it transformed me into a stae of complete and utter B.L.I.SS. (No shame.) haha, oh the memories!!

Forty years ago I took an abnormal psychology class with a professor who was teaching after doing therapy for thirty years. One of the things he empathized is the unreliability of a diagnosis based only on what the patient says has happened whether you believe it or whether you conclude it cannot be true.

As an example he told this story. He had a patient come to him complaining of depression as a result of career failures when he had expected to excel. The patient related stories of outstanding success in college. He had been elected to this and honored for that. The psychologist even tested him by asking, "Were you elected class president?" Yes, he was told, that too. So now he was virtually sure that the patient was delusional. But he didn't stop there. He actually called the college pretending to be a prospective employer of this man. Everything he had been told was true, including the class presidency. In the case of Jodi Arias, we have the opposite problem, a psychologist assuming truthfulness when she is obviously lying, but the principle is the same.

It's a shame Dr. Samuels never had a class with this wise man.

It's on HLN, a show called After Dark. It was at the very beginning but she speaks on and off through out the show. It's almost over now but maybe they put it up on their website?

It's been focused around whether or not Juan Martinez is being too aggresive.

For those who are curious about the other case JM prosecuted and that placed a woman on death row, look at this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLce9Pdt_PI

Ok my husband and I are timing ourselves reenacting the murder. Lmao

Anyway I am confused as to the picture on the tile of Jody's foot and a bleeding Travis. That is on the tile yet the next shot is in the hall and due to the amount of blood where the hall meets the bedroom that is where it is assumed his throat was slit. Why then in the first photo are they saying his throat was slit? Am I confusing the sequence of the
Photos? Tyia

Here ya go!

[video=youtube;tZ_q7FuWk7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_q7FuWk7c[/video]

So basically he did Jodi's version of events PLUS the 29 stabs and gun shot and slicing of throat in 62 seconds or less? If so he needs to try out for the Olympics because only usain bolt can pull off something like that. I will look for it online. I can't wait to see this.

Ok my husband and I are timing ourselves reenacting the murder. Lmao

Anyway I am confused as to the picture on the tile of Jody's foot and a bleeding Travis. That is on the tile yet the next shot is in the hall and due to the amount of blood where the hall meets the bedroom that is where it is assumed his throat was slit. Why then in the first photo are they saying his throat was slit? Am I confusing the sequence of the
Photos? Tyia

Video pls!

Dr. Samuels doesn't seem to utilize a treatment team or use current methods for his diagnosis. He is just making it up as he goes and doing what seems to make sense to him. That's not ethical and not an accurate way of doing anything. It seems like the point of a diagnosis is to assist in treatment/insurance billing and not as an end in itself.

I was relistening to yesterday's testimony about taking photos of her neck that JM wasn't allowed to show. Why was she taking pics of her neck on June 3rd 2008, the day before the murder?

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 30 - Part 2 - YouTube starting at about 52:00

I caught that too. I want to see what JM has in that brown envelope! Further evidence of premeditation is my guess. Self inflicted "injuries"?

I didn't like her questioning Dr. Horn. She sounded like a giggly school girl groupie talking to him. I mean I think he is very handsome too but it soooo seemed obvious with her while questioning him. Not to mention her really stupid questions too.

I noticed that too with Dr Horn. I was glad he got so 'stern' hahaha with her attempts to manipulate physiology to match her agenda. I know we aren't supposed to judging people by their looks but seriously JW is the little sister of the twins here. OMG I can't believe how much she looks like her clients Mother.

Why isn't JA seated between the lawyers?? Is it just me or is it a little strange she's off on the far edge.

It just dawned on me when I read this that this is where she could have hid the knife and the gun. In the pocket of the bathrobe hanging by the shower. OMG how handy!!!

Another possibility-When I was looking at the amount of time between each photo I noticed that there was a min. to two mins between some of the shots and the longest lapse was around the time his back was turned. It made me think that she could have left TA at that point, ran and grabbed her weapon(s) and placed them just around the corner of the door to her left of where she was standing/kneeling taking the photos. She's left handed, so it would have been quick access for her?

I am way behind, but I just came across the PTSD tests that OLD Gal's Car? posted a few hrs ago
http://www.ptsd.ne.gov/pdfs/ptsd.pdf

Here is a PTSD Test

Here is another

http://www.reshealth.org/rhcservices...ioral/ptsd.cfm
Can anyone tell me they couldn't answer those questions in a way that would lead to a possible dx of PTSD? I think this tool alone for someone like Jodi is ridiculous. No wonder she was laughing on her way out today.
I hope Judge Stephens has a good nights sleep and makes some good decisions tomorrow- I guess I don't understand the need for Samuels to go into the discussion of the different forms of homicide if he isn't going to be more in depth and that is JM's beef- why go there? It is far too a slippery a slope for the Prosecution's case for that to be out there for pure educational purposes for the jury.

I posted a little while back but wanted to see if others think this might be where she hid the gun and the knife. Look at the pocket on the bathrobe hanging by the shower. That would be a very good place to have the tools handy for her plan. Very easy to grab whatever tool she decided to use. I got this photo from the 180 crime scene photos on HLN Nancy Grace mysteries.

I am new here so if these should not belinked like this please remove.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

OMG, have you guys seen his website? Its one big advertisement to DEFENSE attorney's selling his willingness to SHILL in court for ANY criminal!
His livelihood is NOT about treating people with disorders - oh no -That's NOT what he does! He ADVERTISES as a PAID TESTIFIER!! That's IT, 100% - His website SAYS THIS, it's ALL he does!! SMH, I've never seen anything like it.. If anyone is familiar with this kind of despicable work, please tell me what Juan is permitted to do with someone like this?

Many people in all kinds of fields work exclusively as expert witnesses. Those are the ones that are not credible. The credible experts are the ones that don't advertise it, do it for either side in a case, refuse to do it if they don't agree with the side that's trying to hire them no matter how much money they're offered, etc. But that isn't usually what's wanted by either side as far as an expert witness is concerned. They tend to want someone who is willing to compromise their ethics and morals and are willing to say whatever the side that wants to hire them wishes in order to gain the paycheck and the career boost. They're greedy selfish charlatans that are far more interested in money and their ego than their chosen field.

I kid you not, when I worked as a paralegal there were precious few experts hired that were even willing to read the material and write their own reports. I swear, they were perfectly happy for the attorney to write the report and tweak it or just were willing to accept the report as written by the attorney. No one ever knows about that because it's all priviledged info. I was always amazed at their complete lack of shame or guilt doing this. As far as they were concerned it's just how it was done... and unfortunately that's true for the most part. With that experience I immediately discount any expert witness who doesn't actually work in their field, and I don't care which side their on. If JM were to put on the same kind of snake oil salesman I'd discount them as well. I don't think he'd do that though. At least I'd hope he wouldn't. So far, his experts seem to be actual experts that actually work in their field.

OMG, have you guys seen his website? Its one big advertisement to DEFENSE attorney's selling his willingness to SHILL in court for ANY criminal!
His livelihood is NOT about treating people with disorders - oh no -That's NOT what he does! He ADVERTISES as a PAID TESTIFIER!! That's IT, 100% - His website SAYS THIS, it's ALL he does!! SMH, I've never seen anything like it.. If anyone is familiar with this kind of despicable work, please tell me what Juan is permitted to do with someone like this?

Considering the evidence in this case and JA's general dis-likability, is it surprising that they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anyone who would testify in her behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee