trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PDS is a self-report instrument, which does not incorporate any formal scales to detect faking and formal validity scales, therefore, it is susceptible to malingering.

Posttraumatic Stress Diagnostic Scale (PDS)

As JW was asking this very question to the witness I was watching Jodi and she became very nervous with those particular questions. Once JW went on to another line of questions I observed Jodi's body language physically relax.

Yes, I wonder how he differentiates since he did say that murderers can get PTSD from murdering.....

I just don't know. True PTSD really can and does render a person unable to function at all when it happens. This is a serious diagnosis. I have seen it thrown around for what seems mild, or maybe better categorized as "panic attacks" which are no fun either.

But PTSD is bad. Not to say an individual cannot have it for lesser stresses, but it is most commonly associated with very severe stresses to our systems such as War, Death of Spouse or Child, true Near Death Experiences... big traumas.

She killed someone and was afraid or anxious she would get caught. NOTHING happened to HER. NOW would I believe she is capable of having a Panic Attack once strapped down and she sees the IV bags hanging over her and they are preparing the lethal injection?

She might have one..but even then? I don't see her truly in a panic. (i do picture her giving us the finger)

Dr. Samuels... Do you have any expertise in Malingering? Can you define the term for the jury? Do you have experience administering tests to determine if a witness is malingering? Have you ever been called upon as an expert witness for the prosecution?

What's wrong with bartering sex therapy for dental services? I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't see the problem. Testifying in court as an expert witness for the dentist is something else.

Lolol Clue :floorlaugh: I'm reading "your" diary entry.... should've come with a warning, I spit my soda up on my keyboard! Oh well, it was worth it. I have to clean up now... :great:

Did the witness actually mention the possibility of psychosis? That won't go over well with Jodi who bristled when a juror question suggested "mental health issues".

Oh . . . .whew . . .. . I thought my bum got slammed in the door coming over and it was too late to go back and save my work . . ..

I got it in just before the last bell rung . . . . . that's me . . . always late to class.

I had a gun pointed at me, went into flight mode, and I remember every second of it.

Here too, robbed at gunpoint and I remember ever single detail, before, during and after!

i googled "how to fake PTSD" it is all over the internet. this kind of testimony scares me because you never know who is gullible enough to believe everything this guy is saying. JA had years to fake this out and i hope JM can get thru the bs because this is what helped CA go free.

did u see there is a wikipedia article about it? (google malingering ptsd)

Did the witness actually mention the possibility of psychosis? That won't go over well with Jodi who bristled when a juror question suggested "mental health issues".

Wouldn't you think that diagnosis would have to come from a Psychiatrist in order for it to "fly"?

Is someone going to carry over the post regarding Dr. Samuels being disciplined? I barely glanced at it while loading the new thread...

Juan is going to eat this goony-bird expert's lunch!

Don't buy this Dr. Samuels for a New York minute!

Yes, I wonder how he differentiates since he did say that murderers can get PTSD from murdering.....

Yes, but as the mother of an Army MP I find it HIGHLY offensive his first example is a soldier who takes a life in Afghanistan, or a police officer. This woman butchered him in cold blood, and he's using HEROES to make his point?? Go home sir.

So perpetrators of horrible crimes can have PTSD developed during their horrific crimes.
That explains Jodi. JM should just ask him to repeat that.
Then ask what part of the research he did, and what the professional publication he retrieved that from.

Wouldn't you think that diagnosis would have to come from a Psychiatrist in order for it to "fly"?

Which is precisely why JM objected to ADT (Arias Defense Team) passing off a psychologist as a psychiatrist *advertiser censored* neuro-physiological brain expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member