trial day 34: the defense continues its case in chief #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a most interesting trial. Everybody believes Jodi will be found guilty and get life or death. Personally I am betting on Second Degree.

I have believed this since day one.

I don't believe Jodi left home with the intention of murdering Travis. I do think she wanted him and all that he possessed and she went there determined to do anything to achieve that end result.

I think she thought she could talk him into anything. But...Travis wanted the sex and not the girl. So she was Travis 'Dirty Little Secret'.

<mod snip>

In my mind something went terribly wrong that June 4. Something neither of them saw coming.

I do believe it was when Travis was in the shower and Jodi might have checked his phone and phone messages and saw Mimi asking about travel plans.

I think she went nuts and the rest is history.

Second degree from this jury!

Ok have at me...:facepalm:
bbm #1
I'm afraid I totally disagree with this! She soooooo planned his murder. She drove to his home, she pursued him.

bbm#2
This I agree with except it happened long before June 4th 2008.

Question #15 How long ago did the traumatic event happen?

The answer had something to do with the fake intruders. FAKE INTRUDERS, do you get that? Why are we talking about a test based on all lies. Why? Why? Why?

Oh, now they're just switching the Fake Intruders with Travis!

Wouldn't the follow up questions be DIFFERENT if she had responded that the attack was by a non-stranger? :please:

JW still has the good doc on the stand, working hard on this PTSD diagnosis. DT must feel this is a lynchpin in their case.

Can't believe he is still on the stand 4 days later...

Dr Samuels is helping the Prosecution more than the Defense. Martinez is pretty well carving him up and serving him to the jury. He is ill qualified to be the expert in a death case let alone being a capable and scrupulous doctor in his field period.

Re "legal laws": This is perfect for Willmott. Her website says she "dedicates her entire practice to defending those charged with crimes and DUIs." Apparently that means the types of DUIs that aren't crimes.

I know the DT is pretty bad, but I had a friend who was a prosecutor in Baltimore. She said as guilty as some folks were, she could not stand by and let their God-awful court appointed attorneys NOT do as much as they could to defend them. She had to give them pointers a few times, but she believed it was the defendants right to a fair trial and she made sure they got one. I think the judge and possibly JM are feeling a smidge sorry for the DT and the fact that they have an awful client and awful witnesses. jmo

Yes you are in the minority. No rope used. And it was a sleigh bed by the way. No posts to tie to. Sure they could have used rope but I don't believe it.

Yes, I know it was a sleigh bed. That's why she had to use such long pieces of rope as she described. She even described how the rope went all the way around the headboard. But that is also why, I believe, she wasn't able to secure him very well and he was able to slip out of the rope. For some reason I don't believe she was ever a good boy scout and learned how to tie knots very well.

I may be wrong but I thought I heard the Judge just whisper about tomorrow's schedule being 10 a.m. I'm probably wrong. Must be my imagination with all the fog and all.

When the judge gives the jury their instructions she can/will give them that choice in Arizona.

Right now the charge is First Degree and Burglary.

Burglary? I thought she was charges with First Degree Murder and if found guilty she is looking at the DP.

Woah - did the good 'doctor' just say that he obtained answers from someone's brother?

The fact that she answers 'no' to a question, but later says 'yes' doesn't make her a liar - the fact that she lies does.

I could have sworn that the good 'doctor' testified yesterday while under cross by Juan that he didn't interview any of her family as part of his evaluation. Is he attending social functions with the family in order to suddenly find these things out??

Is the judge drinking margaritas in that bottle? She shook it up and had that bitter taste look.

Right on cue, here is Ms. Mit-Spec to get her max TV time.

At least her *advertiser censored* are not hanging out today.

She probably said "Why didn't you tell ME about being held at knife point when you were 13!?! That is a good mitigating factor to have in our bag of tricks."

The whole idea of us looking at test answers transcribed by the good doctor onto yellow notebook paper sets off my hinky meter , he could be giving us anyones answers Id never know the difference.

so samuals testified yesterday under oath he ONLY interview jodi,and now he is testifying under oath he interviewed her brother....can he not be prosecuted or something for lying on the stand?
yes he specifically said: " i did not! talk to her family as i found it not to be necessary ."

One thing is certain and hope defense team is reading....

If I lived in Arizona, I would NEVER hire Wilmott or Nurmi should I need a lawyer. They are just like their client. Need I say more? Thik of the most hated lawyer in America. You get my meaning.

I hope Wilmott is getting a proper spanking from the judge. She should be held in contempt for the way she disrespects her. I thought Nurmi was petulant. He's got nothing on Wilmott.

I know I am -- questioning why the State of Arizona is paying this guy $250 per hour, that is...

I had a lot of complaints about Judge Perry during the CA trial but I have to give him this much- there's no way he would have let the DT write a blank check from the State to keep this farce going for so long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie