trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be awesome if the jury had ZERO questions for RS. In other words "we've heard enough from you"

Acting crazy, but her defense is self defense not insanity,even though we can see that she's quite insane.

I've said that time and time again...the defense is focusing on her being a battered woman, insecure and unable to stand up for herself...then how do they explain self-defense...someone who would cower at being yelled at would run and HIDE...run out of the house...run, run, run...not 'stand her ground' and fight back. Someone who snapped may do what Jodi did...so why the self defense strategy and not temporary insanity.

I would be much more worried about the outcome of this case had they gone with insanity from the start. Anyone with eyes can clearly see that Jodi is one seriously disturbed individual.

I'm wearing my Juanderbra for luck.

(That came out of the late night thread, couldn't resist bringing it over)

:floorlaugh:

Tell me there are two pictures, one one each cup, where JM's arms are down by his side and forearms bent at 90 degrees, hands in a karate chop position and angled to one side...and the reverse image is on the opposing cup.

That would be awesome.

Considering the length of Samuels' testimony thus far, anyone expecting it to take three days to get the juror questions done?

I think it's going to take a long time. He's got to, at this point, feel the need to validate his credentials as an expert. He'll probably answer every question three times over and in three different ways while managing not to say anything.

O/T Anybody who's watching HLN right now - Dr Drew is talking about how teenagers acting out by skipping school and drinking and drugging is a sign of underlying mental health in teens. I totally agree - I wish there were more public education and awareness about this.

Just curious, how does manipulation ever help the other person?

And what does it say about someone who CHOOSES to continue manipulate on a regular basis (JA), and whose sole purpose in relationships/friendships is for what they can get out of it? What does it mean when someone even manipulates their diary entries to make themselves look as good as possible?
Sociopathy - that's what. And it's way more common than people realize. Scary when you think about it.

I agree completely. I think they manipulate because they can. They enjoy it, and the challenge it sometimes brings. They get a sense of power from it. Shrug.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

I just got into the courtroom at #JodiArias trial. Just Stephens is hearing another case at the moment. No one else is here yet

Sounds like we may have a late start - SURPRISE SURPRISE

I SWEAR by UStream. Download it from you app store. Once installed, search for AZfamily.com and it is the first option from 3 selections.

Very rarely does it buffer, no commercials, pretty good sound. HTH

Thank you! I'm downloading it on my iphone

Wonder why this roommate! Say anything to her? Was he too under her spell. I mean surely he knew Travis was trying to distance himself from her?

From what I have heard about this guy, I think Jodi weaseled her way into his good graces and pumped him for information regularly.

Wild About Trial
Nurmi and Willmott just arrived. Nurmi in black suit and a salmony reddish tie. Willmot in grey suit, she has a big blue bag. #JodiArias

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Dr. Samuels has a big gray bag that he pulls along with him that hopefully has all of his notes in order. #JodiArias

O/T Anybody who's watching HLN right now - Dr Drew is talking about how teenagers acting out by skipping school and drinking and drugging is a sign of underlying mental health in teens. I totally agree - I wish there were more public education and awareness about this.

O/T... mental health issues such as?? Both my kids are about to drive me bat chit crazy.....

What date was this "really big fight" that Jodi talked about in the interrogation tape?

I think she always had Plans B, C, and possibly D.

She was busted on Plan A = I was with Ryan Burns, ask him.

Then, on Plan B = Too much evidence, they know I was there, but jury will never believe the forensic-free intruders.

Which takes her to Plan C = Travis attacked me, but why would he? I'll say that we had a big fight. But what about? Let's see now... I'm a 'professional' photographer, he has a new camera... I got it!

Someone on the last thread asked if JA was tested for malingering. I'm kind of dumb.... What is that?

You almost have it. She is lying to get out of the Death Penalty and trying to get a 2nd degree Murder Conviction which means 20 years in prison vs LWOP.

I've been thinking about this bit of Samuels' testimony. Although he does not really come out and say it clearly, it seems that what he's getting at is that Jodi created the Ninja story because she was in such denial and could not allow herself to accept that she had so brutally butchered Travis -- as if Jodi really believed the Ninja story that she created.

If that's the road he's going down, he's going to have to explain her clarity in disposing of the weapons and her bloody clothes.

Ok what is Sirius radio?

SiriusXM Sattelite Radio...as opposed to terrestrial radio. No commercials on the music channels. You pay a monthly or annual fee and get access via your device (radio or iPhone or iPad app) wherever you are. 100's of channels, including HLN, FoxNews, and lots of sports and music, entertainment, talk, etc.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members