trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all Websleuths. I am anxiously waiting.
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Juan is at his desk, pacing around. Flores just arrived. Nurmi and Willmott are not in courtroom at the moment #JodiArias
Collapse

It's always good to see a post from you, Tuba. You and the FA forum are so missed! :hug:

One thing I found striking in Jodi's testimony was how the relationship between she and Travis developed. Strictly speaking, how there wasn't an almost immediate escalation in the relationship on Travis' part and the abuse began almost immediately instead of after she was 'trapped' in the relationship.

Unlike the vast majority of abusers, Travis seemed content to let her come and go, in her own apartment, where he presumably couldn't effectively establish control He also evidently wasn't concerned with Jodi leaving when he began abusing her on practically their first date. And he was even possessive, jealous and controlling enough to encourage her to date other people.

Odd that. ;)

Yes, I must say this is the strangest case of Battered Women Syndrome I have seen. The couple never lived together, were not in a relationship at the time the abuse started, dated other people. She was not financially reliant on him (though she probably tried to be), they had no children together, she went out of her way to be with him even though she didn't have to and he was not forcing her. When she decided to move away from him, he let her go without putting up a fight (unless you consider him backhanding her in the face-neck area putting up a fight ::eyeroll::

We'll see what Juan does on his cross. What a laughable attempt at making the defendant the victim.

To all posters...if you see that I have thanked you, please know that either your post ROCKED or you have me laughing out loud for real here :) Some of the comments are so good I tell my DD about them over the phone later :) TY for some of the best giggles I've had in a long time :) I'd love to quote you and post the 'on the floor laughing' icon but till I'd get that done I'd be about two pages on behind :)

I carry my iPad and my Bluetooth wireless speaker into the bathroom with me...I've taken many a bubble bath during the trial. I don't drink ... And I found its very de-stressing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope those bubble baths aren't too hot! Could set off a bout of Transient Global Amnesia!

That's my relaxation routine, too, w/ a cup of hot tea. Now I'm wondering how many incredible memories I've stopped from forming! :floorlaugh:

I have a consultation with an eye surgeon tomorrow. I'm going to have corrective surgery to do away with my glasses and contacts. I'm not sure how much I will miss. I may have to resort to using my ears for awhile....

No need to hope given the track record of this court. I bet there will be a 15 minute delay followed by 2 sidebars before anything of consequence happens.

I'll see your two sidebars and raise you one.

Somebody slap me! I cannot get over the end of trial Thursday when JA looks like she is explaining to JW how a juror is looking at her with a neck snap body action and then tries to make eye contact with that juror by pushing by JW. It's seriously bothering me. Sigh....k rant over.

Such a juror is a figment of JA's warped imagination, according to WSers watching closely in court.

Ima gonna be doin a little housework while listening so I may not comment much.

Am I late????? Please tell me they didn't start yet - I still have to get my fee up!

ETA : fee haha. Only Samuels is concerned with a fee. Got my live FEEDS up - let's go

Hello again everyone! What do you guys make of the fact that PPL has indicated that Jodi was originally on the list for the trip? Hopefully, Juan will bring someone from PPL in on rebuttal!

It's always good to see a post from you, Tuba. You and the FA forum are so missed! :hug:

One thing I found striking in Jodi's testimony was how the relationship between she and Travis developed. Strictly speaking, how there wasn't an almost immediate escalation in the relationship on Travis' part and the abuse began almost immediately instead of after she was 'trapped' in the relationship.

Unlike the vast majority of abusers, Travis seemed content to let her come and go, in her own apartment, where he presumably couldn't effectively establish control He also evidently wasn't concerned with Jodi leaving when he began abusing her on practically their first date. And he was even possessive, jealous and controlling enough to encourage her to date other people.

Odd that. ;)

What proof do you have that " Travis was abusing her"? Maybe because she said so? LOL so hard at that assumption. If anything, Travis was the one who was used, abused and STALKED by this psychopath.

Shoot can't get the wildabout trial link, but thanks anyway.

We really should have a daily contest...

Poster to guess correct start time and first sidebar of the day. If you hit both, maybe a WS t-shirt or something?

Odd that. ;)

Good points! I also find it very telling that by all accounts he never lied to her or "lead her on" in any way. He appeared to be very honest with her as far as what his intentions were. We never saw any text messages or emails or even a greeting card telling her he loved, or, missed, or needed her in any way. We never saw any evidence of his trying to woo her, in stark contrast to her, every time he put some distance between them ... SHE started in with the dirty talk. It's actually one of the things I liked about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans