trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i never say anything again elleelle, im dang proud of you. i almost blocked you, but gave you a chance. you came asking questions and i got frustrated bc of how they were worded. you have looked at the evidence and finally came around. snaps to you.

How do you know he lied to her? Has he ever admitted to this anywhere? Seems like a very stupid thing to bluff about.

Why would that be stupid to bluff about? The cops are allowed to lie or bluff during interrogation. So nothing will come of it if she finds out. But if she believed him, she might have admitted to taking the gun. IMO

Okay...so this is my prediction, FWIW.
JM is going to give ALV a lot of latitude. It won't be ANYTHING like the decimation of RS.

Oh good lord, WTF does this intuitive chick keep getting air time? I digress....

Anyhoo, unless ALV crosses a crazy irrational line by comparing apples and bananas ...he will allow his own expert to rebut her testimony. As I've said, I don't think JM goes for the throat unless he has no other option!! RS was incredulous and JM was duty bound to take him down. I don't expect him to do this with EVERYONE! But should ALV start pulling testimony out of her ...I mean... that doesn't withstand common sense and peer reviewed scrutiny, then she will be fair game.

BBM

Seriously. They need to stop putting her on these shows. Every time I hear her I think of Nasim Pedrad's (from SNL) imitation of Arianna Huffington.

LULU 67 made the statement that she felt sorry for the Doc at the end when he was sitting alone. I did not know how to carry that thread over but, I admit I did too!!! He was another victim in Jodis web. I get angry at anyone that defends her and im not sure why he agreed to defend her she, didnt even give him a nod of thanks or a half smile...nothing!! Im sure its ruined his career but for some reason..I felt a lil sorry for him. Dont hang me. At least I have empathy unlike Jodi!! Haha!!

He did it to get her to admit it was her gun. Cops do this. He also bluffed about the neighbors seeing her there that day, among other bluffs.

So in other words, Flores has never admitted to bluffing about this. You're just assuming that's the case.

For what is is worth, I think the DV witness - will focus on general things that have nothing to do with JA. JA has zero records on DV, ie: witnesses, police resports, or even a friend to confide in. We all know that. The only testimony that we all know is a lie, would be the choking event. I don't see that going to far, other then questions against JA for going back after that experience. ???

Today I saw Juan was tired, or something. Hey, we all have our bad days, it's no big deal. But, he did a another genious move today - I have said this before.

He went over each and every question the the PSD test to make a record. Even though the witness was like pulling teeth and very PREJUDICE.

Those questions and answers, will be brought up with his own witness, and they will be rebuked, again only by a professional.

I love Juan, and his set - up. Trust him.:great:

I agree. He did the same thing with the gas cans. After a while people were like, "move ON!" But on cross follow-up, he dropped a huge bomb. Maybe the biggest of the trial so far. There is a method to his madness.

Wasn't she keeping someone's cat at some time and locked it in a room the whole 2 weeks?

Yes. That story was told by someone she used to work with. Poor cat could barely move and was near death.. Now we have her telling Det. Flores about the family dog (although being tied outside all the time I won't say it was a pet) which I estimate to be when she was approximately 14 years old. Moving forward to the brutality of Travis' murder, is it safe to assume she has always had a "problem"?

:furious:

MOO

Yes, hopefully Juan will turn it down a few notches for ALV.

Doc $ didn't stand a chance since Juan hashed up the test results. And ethics towards Jodi's evaluation and threaded that line of therapy.

Jury question: Do you have books free of charge at your office? Doc $ - "Yes". BAM! Jury knows he can't be trusted.

Juan will only pounce on ALV if she can't keep her play the cards she's dealing.
That doctor p****ed Juan off right out of the gate with his surprise Power Point show. It was downhill for him at that point. I think if you are professional with Juan, he'll be professional with you. He treated his own witnesses in that "Juan" style.

So in other words, Flores has never admitted to bluffing about this. You're just assuming that's the case.

No, he hasn't. But isn't this something that would have come out in the state's CIC, as part of the forensics evidence?

I was reading the other day that they will not like to use chemical testing on ammunition because it is a flawed practice. It also takes a long time, and Jodi had only been in custody, what, a few hours?

It was a bluff.

:blushing: awe thanks! :seeya:

I just came in WS as the "underdog"; and you guys were patient with me.

if i never say anything again elleelle, im dang proud of you. i almost blocked you, but gave you a chance. you came asking questions and i got frustrated bc of how they were worded. you have looked at the evidence and finally came around. snaps to you.

How do you know he lied to her? Has he ever admitted to this anywhere? Seems like a very stupid thing to bluff about.

As far as testing it and coming up with a match. That part, at least to the best of my knowledge, wasn't truthful, or at least at the time he said it wasn't. There has not been any testimony regarding it during the trial.

Anyone who has watched Law & Order knows detectives stretch the truth a little.

:)

MOO

Why would that be stupid to bluff about? The cops are allowed to lie or bluff during interrogation. So nothing will come of it if she finds out. But if she believed him, she might have admitted to taking the gun. IMO

It doesn't make any sense. Why not bluff about finding some matching bullets in her white rental car? That would be a far better bluff and one more likely to compel a confession.

It's only just occuring to me now that JA has ruined my favourite Christmas carol for me. But on a FAR more important note,

I feel horrible for this jury. Not only did JA take TA's life, and devastate his loved ones, now she's wasted hundreds of hours of these peoples' lives.

I hope a verdict is reached relatively soon :|

I hope I'm right in saying that I don't believe most of these jurors will see this experience as a waste of their time. I believe they will come away with a new appreciation for our system of justice, for truth and for standing up for what you believe beyond a reasonable doubt. I am biased, I never try to get out of jury duty and I am proud of each and every time I served.
Can you imagine being part of this trial? My goodness, I would come away a different and BETTER person for doing it with diligence and a sense of duty.

With Doc Samuels it started off as a comparison to Gus.

Then his mouth opened... he seemed shady right from the get-go. ALV doesn't; let's give her a chance. My :twocents: only.

So people will openly mock her appearance/post pics mocking her if and only if she says the wrong things? I dunno. This woman seems 100 times worse than Dr. Samuels. She has a more insidious agenda, whereas I think Dr. Samuels had just never been called on his bs.

:blushing: awe thanks! :seeya:

I just came in WS as the "underdog"; and you guys were patient with me.

I agree it is very hard to question the "popular" view and emerge unscathed! Glad you are no longer getting pummeled! :seeya:

(Carried over from last thread)

I couldn't believe my eyes! She's getting predatory now. But when Wilmott looked over at the jury, that was over the top. Where is the Judge??? It's out of control and so is the Judge! Could JA possibly be trying to create a mis-trial? Willmott needs to be disciplined - her conduct is totally inappropriate and shameful.

I know..I was thinking that she will try to a create a mis-trial also!! Watch her she is trying to get something on one juror!

But what if he wasn't bluffing? The trial isn't over yet. The rebuttal case is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288