trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone sit and listen to this for this long? I am okay because I am leaning back on a pillow on my bed. God bless these jurors. I wonder if they are taking any notes. jmo

Alyce is a much better therapist than I imagined.

She has completely cured my insomnia.

There was never a domestic relationship. As far as being bf/gf, this is what SHE says. She tells this to TA's friends or they assume so from their trips together etc.. "Relationship" was long-distance before moving to Mesa. Anytime SHE says -they broke-up because he was cheating, he was courting her, no public affection(secret) or he was a flirt go to a relationship in HER mind. In reality there was no bf/gf. There was very little of an actual "official" relationship.

I hate to hear them portraying what they had as a valid "relationship". Their relationship was more like the characters in fatal attraction.. glen close and michael douglas. .. except travis wasn't married like michael douglas's character.

Juror question: Don't you think the entire self defence argument used in this trial could be a form of victim blaming?

I want Juan to ask this expert if she has had any personal experience with a cling on or an emotional vampire?!!

<modsnip>

Look at it this way; Lisa Andrews Daidone was a defense witness.

Does anyone think she was anything but a boon to the state's case?

I think this is gonna be a good thing.

sleeping-jury.jpg

She isn't connecting this to this case, ie. no names are being used at all. I like this way better than the last expert.

My husband bought me a medium cup of steeped tea at Timmies this morning. That was abuse cause I wanted a large cup.

I know abuse and DV is a serious matter but come on, Lady, not every relationship is abusive. Some are loverly! :great: (misspelled on purpose)

:( no you are being abusive for not sharing Timmies! I agree there is nothing funny about DV.

She's not testifying, Wilmott is and she's just verifying Wilmott's thoughts.

Did JW did look like she was getting lost here?

<modsnip>

$$$$$300.00$$$$$ an hour...that's what she's doing. So far she's made about $1,200.00 today. I'm thinking she will be about a $5,000.00 witness.

How do we ask the mods for a text alert group? I would love to sign up.

Make sure they post all the details in a sticky thread so those interested don't have to happen to read page 178 of a thread to find out about it!

This witness comes across well and I'm sure her experiences in dealing with DV victims are laudable... BUT, I think she's stealth.

Yes, Juan will certainly make mincemeat of her but there's something almost subliminal coming across here - I think it has to do with a female DV expert being questioned by a female lawyer defending a female murderer. I burned my bra alongside Gloria Steinem in the '70s and I'm all I Am Woman Hear Me Roar but there's something very unbalanced going on here - can't put it into words but I'm hoping Martinez doesn't come across as the Big Male Monster to anyone on the jury.
Everything has been tailored to match the DT's theories. That's what you get when you pay for an expert willing to testify for a woman who clearly was the abuser in this relationship.

PS- this woman loves to hear herself speak, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288