trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked last night about JA's access to the media and it is very limited and does not include HLN.

My guess is that the DT has been stung a few times now by things getting picked up here or on other forums and then making it into the media without them having been aware of it, so they now have someone paying attention to certain sources.

This is another reason to take the forum rules very seriously.

I think we will find the family friend, Donovan, is the source of all this info to the defence. She was the one that advised HLN yesterday that Arias had a migraine. Katycoolady has seen some of her shenanigans in court, I believe.

Every time I see JM sitting at the table patiently waiting while DT is questioning "their" witness, I am reminded of David Banner's famous words, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" :)

I always thought that emails were hearsay anyway. I guess I am wrong.

I cannot believe ALV. What do you expect from a professional that refernces Redbook,
Cosmo and Life Time Movies during her testimony.

What happened to the days of proving innocence /guilt with hard-cold facts.

Another Jodi circus trial induced headahce day.

One other thing, we do not know what outsiders are writing in letters or saying during visits to Jodi's inmate friends. Jodi may be hearing things from her cellmates.

One more thing, I honestly believe that JA and TA casually dated and were not an exclusive couple. If you never state that you are exclusive, then you
should be able to go out with whoever and how many others that you can juggle.

Not only that, but as someone here posited earlier, the Hughes may have been initially duped by JA's fake letters - which, if true, is beyond heart breaking and heinous.

It sure would explain a lot - especially CH's fury with the DT.

Anyone who could do that to a friendship - and take it SO far as to offer false evidence (all the while refusing to say who initially 'sent' them to her or providing originals when doing could have a significant impact on her) makes the idea of premeditation just that much easier to see.

I'm confused... it seems like the letter/s between C/SH about JA are pre-June 04/08. The fake letters were known to the DT and state in 2010 per court record, but I'm sure they were aware of them well before that.

Of course JA caused friction and tension between the Hughes and Travis - that's what a psychopath like her does: divide and conquer. Even w/o the fake letters.

I am sure she told the Hughes one thing and Travis another, etc. to create conflict because she wasn't about to compete with his closest friends... Sadly, I've seen this type of manipulation first hand and it is very effective, if only to plant a seed of doubting or mistrusting the other innocent party - just the sense of being on guard is enough to do damage.

There is nothing redeeming about this defendant. Nothing.

O duh this is Jodi here!
Of course!
Isolate, build walls, break up friendships...
that's what people like her do!
Conquer and DIVIDE!
They will try to turn all your friends and family
against you and convince everyone that THEY are the victims.

Maybe Juan could bring them up in cross and read them out/show them on the jumbotron since willma opened the door?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JM won't do that, he's trying to stop it from coming in, which I find very annoying. Let us see the actual emails ffs.

I'm furious at jinkasaurus

I never liked Jean C - and that goes back to the days of Court TV. Since she's been on In Session (that I hardly ever watched) and as a talking head on HLN, I've come to dislike her even more. She always struck me as someone who could not be trusted - a two-faced, gossipy, nice to your face but stab you in the back type of person. Jean reached a brand new low with this Juan Martinez thing. :furious:

I plan to let HLN/Turner Broadcasting know just how I feel about it. If there's a way to have Comcast block the channel on our cable, it will be done. I'm sure that all of the programs on HLN will be featuring this incident tonight, but this former viewer won't be watching. Ever. Again.

I was sleeping, not feeling all that good. I now feel much worse than I can say after getting even just a little bit caught up, and I'm not talking the flu here. The dirtiest of tricks is fast underway and it is making me sad and sick. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the prosecutorial misconduct and they are attacking TA when he can't defend himself. This is the part of our system that I can't handle.
SMH here. Someone talk me down. I feel a Titanic moment here. I have no problem with any defendant receiving a fair trial based on the TRUTH. This muck laden fest is WRONG.
I've been kind in my thoughts about the Judge, given that I respect her position but she is now starting to worry me. I think she's in over her head and it's all going to JA's benefit.

View attachment 31316

Characterizes LaViolette's attitude as "only men are perps, only women are victims”.

Did I call that or what?

It's a shame that Travis Alexander wasn't black, then the Defense Team could have brought in an expert witness from the Aryan Nation to tell us "how those people are".

Yes, LaViolette operates under cover of being an "advocate" for victims. And she has a lot in common with Jodi Arias, kindred spirits really, in that the path she has taken is that of passive-aggression and manipulation.

She simply practices a form of bigotry that is, sadly, not only socially accepted, unquestioned, but often encouraged.

Yes, yes and yes! With underlying rage and resentment, IMO. She's just a great "soft", warm fuzzy communicator.

I do too. I don't blame him, I blame the ignorant people chasing him around. He is in the middle of a trial FGS! Back the hell off and wait until the trial is over. :gavel:

I don't blame Juan at all either, it's the people chasing him down for pictures and autographs who are to blame for all of this nonsense.

If they would have just left him alone the media would not have had a story and defense would not have been able to bring that motion forward this morning.
:sigh:

And in the Drew Peterson/Kathleen Savio trial in recent past the defense (Dream) team did this whole color scheme thing... Drew Peterson was convicted of his ex wife's death. She had been buried for 4 years (?) and the body was exhumed, body was in horrible shape.

SO, the moral of my story here is: The color scheme ain't gonna work.

:lol: Maybe that's where they got the idea. From Joe the "Shark". :rolleyes:

Just seems so biased. Does this mean that the jury won't see the actual emails once deliberations begin?

I believe Juan will be able to introduce them into evidence. He'll also be able to call rebuttal witnesses who wrote the emails.

So do we know whether JA's mother and aunt are wearing DV ribbons or is it TA ribbons?

:what: Jodi's mother and aunt would NEVER EVER wear one of Travis' ribbons !

I saw the ribbons, but could not tell what exactly they were for ...

But whatever they were for, you can take it to the bank it was NOT for Travis !

:moo:

:seeya:

Ya know, I cried the day the CA verdict was handed down. I've already cried over what she did to TA and now for the way they are trashing TA without him being able to speak for himself. Gonna say lots of extra prayers for the family of TA. I can't even begin to fathom how this hurts their hearts.

I don't blame Juan at all either, it's the people chasing him down for pictures and autographs who are to blame for all of this nonsense.

If they would have just left him alone the media would not have had a story and defense would not have been able to bring that motion forward this morning.
:sigh:

Darn GROUPIES!

why do I even get up. We are done, and no court tomorrow or Monday. See everyone in July when we take up again...Some of us will have gotten married, had kids, gotten divorced, arrested, bonded out, dyed our hair, committed road rage, lost 30 lbs and gotten into a bikini. (I do have to run into town for work but still!)

I'll be interested to see if JC gets cut off by dt now. She was getting inside info and opinions from "sources" up until now just like she did with Baez. Seems like in exchange for info, she'll slant her views their way. I think HLN likes to make sure they someone embedded in both camps.

:what: Jodi's mother and aunt would NEVER EVER wear one of Travis' ribbons !

I saw the ribbons, but could not tell what exactly they were for ...

But whatever they were for, you can take it to the bank it was NOT for Travis !

:moo:

:seeya:

Were they wearing them today?

Jane Velez Mitchell - please stop saying that Jodi is the same height as you - she is NOT 5'4"!!!

jodi%2Barias%2Blicense.jpg

When MiMi testified, I remember her stating that the Mormon religion encouraged you to continue dating frequently until you found the person you wanted to marry etc. So thats what he was doing. Not being a "player" as they are trying to make it seem. He was dating women to try and find the special person to spend his life with. Maybe thats why he told Jodi to continue dating and all... He didnt see her as his future wife and was hoping shed find the special person.

Ya know, I cried the day the CA verdict was handed down. I've already cried over what she did to TA and now for the way they are trashing TA without him being able to speak for himself. Gonna say lots of extra prayers for the family of TA. I can't even begin to fathom how this hurts their hearts.

Today it's really pissing me off. How is it that a MURDER VICTIM is being tried here? He can't defend himself! Somehow our legal system allows truckloads of ***** to be thrown at a VICTIM in the hopes that something might stick.
It's WRONG on so many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member