trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Karas says: Tomorrow, LaViolette should get to her assessment of the June 4, 2008 attack and killing of Travis Alexander. #JodiArias

Sweet Jesus, I hope so...

Probably at around 4pm AZ time
:banghead::banghead:

Wait until Juror #5 investigates a little and sees the whole truth about dear, "abused" Jodi Arias, the sociopath killer. She'll want to talk.

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

NG on now....talking about Juror #5 being dismissed....showing testimony from today.

She has video of Travis' funeral too.

Thanks Stephanie. I agree with you. And it has been made worse by the Judge's decisions and appearing to be pro defense. Be good if this judge could develop a backbone. IMO.

Compared to good judges I have seen this one doesn't take any ownership of her courtroom. It's like she's just another participant rather than someone who "owns" that space and no one has any doubt about it.

It's like "a" courtroom rather than "Judge Samuels' courtroom.

Testimony just wrapped up today and ALV is at the end of October 2007, so it looks like JW will still be questioning her all day tomorrow and possibly into another day.

I did not watch the graphic testimony around the sex tapes or the crimes scene photos in court, so today for me was the hardest day of testimony that I've watched.

ALV is trivializing abusive relationships, which disgusts me. She is also basing so much of her testimony on unsubstantiated stories from JA, a pathological liar.

As a woman, I am offended by her portrayal of women as emotionally and spiritually weak, unable to set boundaries and helpless. She has been describing a relationship that is unhealthy or dysfunctional, but not abusive. Nothing, nothing comes anywhere near close to presenting a possible defense for the heinous slaughter of Travis Alexander.

I am also disturbed that this witness is consciously assisting in JA's threat to destroy TA's reputation. JM has objected several times with testimony about TA's finances, trying to tarnish his image as financially successful. ALV started to say that this was part of his deception, but JM cut this off.

Probably what disturbs me the most is that JA appears to be getting pleasure out of this. We did see her smirking after coming out of chambers. She was giggling and whispering with the MS person again today. What was most perverse was JA's reaction to ALV describing an incident where TA was very angry and recalled JA's "the exact words were on crack"; JA actually laughed at that and covered her mouth to stifle her laugh. This woman feels no remorse whatsoever and showed glee at that statement.

JM seemed tense today and towards the end of the day, I saw a look on his face that I can only describe as repugnance.

I'll be very interested to read the courtroom observers observations today. In the end, I do think this witness will go the way of the good doctor.

Justice for Travis. Embrace his family in your heart, mind and soul.

I want to explain why I said that Juan was up against three defense attorneys. At sidebars the people who should be speaking the most is the prosecutor and the defense. When I see a sidebar I see Willmont talk, JM talk, then Willmont and then the judge. The judge talks a lot and then Willmont comes back to the podium and tries a different tact while smiling at the judge. I have never seen a judge talk so much at sidebars and it makes me suspicious, especially when I see the prosecutor's body language during it.

My Summary of Today's Testiphony...

LIMP BIZKIT LYRICS
"Break Stuff"

Its all about the he says she says bullchit
I think you better quit
Lettin' chit slip
Or you'll be leavin with a fat lip

Its all about the he says she says bullchit
I think you better quit talkin that chit
(Punk, so come and get it)
Its just one of those days
Feelin' like a freight train
First one to complain
Leaves with a blood stain

Damn right I'm a maniac
You better watch your back
Cuz I'm muckin' up your program
And if your stuck up
You just lucked up
Next in line to get mucked up

Your best bet is to stay away <modsnip>
Its just one of those days!!

PS I cleaned up the lyrics..

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/limpbizkit/breakstuff.html

I hear there is no trial on Thursday this week. So only one more day of L
ALV. Hopefully.

---------------
OMG!! I've never seen a trial like this! what the he!! do they do on all these days off? I cant take it anymore. I should get down on my knees and thank all of you for keeping me up on this "trial", I cant take this woman and I cant watch! its worse than it was watching C.A... I try to watch but I cant. I will watch N.G. tonight as she will have the funeral tape on. God Bless all of you.:rocker: :seeya:

Today was just....UGH.... I actually switched channels for a while. I can't take much more of ALV. I kinda feel like some air has been taken out of the sails since the misconduct brouhaha.... BK said the jury looks totally different now.... I hope this isn't the lynch pin in the outcome. Don't throw tomatoes at me :) I'm just having a reality check. I pray for justice and fear any other outcome.

We here are trial enthusiasts... we dig watching court. And we're in our homes (or at our jobs) where we can fix a Coke, run out and have a smoke, grab a bite to eat. And we're still sick and tired of Wilmott and Violet...bored to tears, turning off the tv, walking away from the trial of which we've watched every second up til now.

Now imagine being a captive audience, forced to sit in a jury chair, and stare at this expert witness with no escape, no little comfort snack-drink-smoke, having to listen to three hours of this droning testimony without the little things that those of us at home have to make it bearable.

I'm just guessing that this witness' testimony is falling flat with the jury, and that they're at least as sick of this expert giving her "impressions" of each damn day of Jodi and Travis' "relationship." I really, really think that this (and having one of their fellow jurors kicked off) will backfire for the defense.

I am watching HLNn(which I said I wouldn't do)
I am having an adult beverage (which I said I wouldn't do...much...)
I am ordering pizza (which i shouldn't do)

I feel this behavior shows that I have a shrunken hippocampus, PTSD and am really sad that in 10th grade I liked a boy who didn't like me back....

Maybe I should read "the Secret".....

The judge tells the jury that juror #5 has been dismissed. Then she tells them to not speculate as to why. They'd all be sent home if that didn't happen. How inhumane.

And once more she lies, if you listen " the dog was always tied up" so how exactly did he run away?

I have my own theory. I feel pretty sure Jodi killed that dog. He was never seen again.

I don't know about the jury but done with listening to her hash and rehash in detail things that have been gone over in detail earlier for days.

I have a feeling that is what is going to happen IMO. Sub/un consciously, it is going to make an impact and ALV is not helping win this jury over at all.

Yep! JA had competition in the courtroom so now one of the prettiest youngest people are out. No matter what No 5 did, JA's smugness today said it all. JA's evilness is really beginning to show. I think we'll start seeing two bumps on the top of her head soon as her horns come through.

I feel this behavior shows that I have a shrunken hippocampus, PTSD and am really sad that in 10th grade I liked a boy who didn't like me back....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm gonna get yelled at by my diet doctor.. been poppin Reese eggs like crazy today ;)

Lisa didn&#8217;t know Jodi was going on the trip . . . He was overly negative about the trip . . . . She believed he must be giving Jodi encouragement because women don&#8217;t hang around if they don&#8217;t have encouragement . . . . Later Lisa and TA talked and she felt better. . . .

Discuss patterns of behavior . . . Lisa and Jodi were vulnerable . . . He puts them down but then backs off of it . . . He calls Jodi a *advertiser censored* but then says it is a joke. . . . If things go well with TA then things are good. . . . He wants compliments but he doesn&#8217;t give them back . . . Other women have also said he wanted lots of compliments . . . There is deception going on. . . . Lisa believes he is faithful to her . . . . Jodi didn&#8217;t feel she could have a relationship with another man . . . . Deception about being TA being a virgin . . . . The community believes he is a virgin . . . . There is a belief that he is financially successful . . . . There is deception about who he is and his relationships with other women . . . .

Objection. Approach.

He was deceiving other women: Chris, Reagan, Nicole, Denise, Shatanya, Maria, Deanna, Jodi, Lisa, Matilda. . . It doesn&#8217;t appear that these women were aware of each other . . . . H is able to live a life of deception and he somehow reconciled this with his faith . . . .

Sept 27, 2007, journal entry from Jodi . . . . She was writing about five things she was grateful for to make herself feel better . . . . Travis was number one on the list . . . She has loving feelings for him . . . . She is struggling with some good days and some bad days . . . . until the bad days outweigh the good days, the good ones are prominent . . . . ALV reviewed emails between TA and Deanna Reid . . . . Deanna asked TA to take her back . . . .

Objection. Approach. Five minute recess. Judge and attorneys remain on sidebar. Finish sidebar. Jury returns.

Watch the movie, it's faster.

Does anyone know if TA's family gave their blessing to NG to show the funeral footage on her show? TIA.

On NG their talking about Jodi having a flat on the way to Travis's funeral. Remember the charges on her bank statement? an auto repair shop? I bet that was it so she bought the plane ticket for his memorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member