trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss plum

miss plum New Member

BBM

She loves pens, the letter 'I', and a combination of the two.:floorlaugh:

2. cubbeegirl

cubbeegirl Active Member

3. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

It's very telling that the defense has not had Jodi examined by a top notch psychiatrist. Or at least if they have they haven't called one to testify in the case in chief. Perhaps in the penalty phase when jurors might see severe mental illness as a mitigating factor and spare her life?

4. Nhic

Nhic New Member

Disagree. The difference is she was caught after killing her first victim. I've no doubt if she is diagnosed as a socio/psychopath and released that she'll kill again as there is no cure for that disorder.

5. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

Ok... let's agree to disagree. :)

What mental diagnosis does Jodi not have? We have dissected Jodi as a microbiologist would dissect a cell.

6. Sleuth5

Sleuth5 New Member

I'm not so sure she hasn't done it already, to tell you the truth.

7. Sleuth5

Sleuth5 New Member

Well, Alyce says she's not an abuser, so there's that.

8. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

"....naked...." or "stripped"...?
    iirc...she actually said that! Thank you--I forgot about that. The tone of voice she used when she said it creeped me out too...

Dagnabbit...where the heck is that footage/verbiage....??!

9. AuburnSchnauzer

AuburnSchnauzer New Member

I wonder if Jean Casarez is worried about juror 5 - Afterall, JC is responsible for getting her kicked off the jury...MOO

10. KarmicLaw

KarmicLaw New Member

I don't think so. She is so arrogant that she feels superior to everyone. She is confident that she can manipulate anyone and everyone because she has gotten away with it for so long. It happens all the time with personality disordered folks. It happens in the workplace all the time.

I read an awesome study on a main difference between psychopathic corporate execs were separated by criminal psychopaths by circumstances only. In other words, some get lucky enough to make it legitimately, and others....notsomuch.

11. gwenabob

gwenabob A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

Yes. He was also a Methodist Youth Minister and near the end of his life he converted to Hinduism.

He joined the Mormons for the same reason Jodi did. Lots and lots of naive, trusting victims.

12. Lexington

Lexington New Member

I watched them both. I checked out David Lohr to see if he had posted the complete videos, but he had not. I would like to see the complete uncut versions to get a better flavor of Ma and Pa Arias.

13. anagrammy

anagrammy Developing new uses for hindsight...

14. ElleElle

No, that was Jeffrey Dahmer.

Ted Bundy was a charmer and wanted to defend himself for his charges (like Jodi).

He was a serial killer. He even had a "fanclub" of women drooling over him and female jurors flirting with him.

15. DairyGirl

DairyGirl Well-Known Member

And didn't her mom rent the last rental car for her? IMO she wasn't going camping, she was looking for her next victim. She tasted blood once and she liked it. I agree with the poster who felt that MM may have been next because he knew too much.

16. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

17. ElleElle

18. Sleuth5

Sleuth5 New Member

You might be right on mitigation, but even these two "experts" know very well that she has got flashing red lights all over the place for serious disorders. I think JA has obstructed and will continue to obstruct any attempt to diagnose her. She doesn't believe there's anything wrong with her. I think she really imagines she can will us all into accepting her reality.
    :cow:

19. kaRN

kaRN Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

A parent who tried their hardest but knows in their heart of heart that their eldest child is strange as opposed to normal and highly functioning. A parent who is honest enough to look at and see their child as others do rather than to hide in the denial place. I also think a parent who isn't completely surprised that they're at the police station speaking with a homicide detective about the daughter they've lived in fear of for the past decade.

20. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

Then she stabs you 29 times and shoots you in the face. That's her "schtick".

JA is just evil. Not insane, not mental, just plain evil. Very scary "unusual person".

I might be a little jaded*, but when I watched the clip released of her Mom's interview tonight, I didn't buy what she was selling. It didn't seem like real, raw, emotion. It looked fake to me.

*Disclaimer...another trial and another mother may have made me a little (lot) skeptical. I bought that act on the stand...hook..line..and sinker. :furious:

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.