trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... let's agree to disagree. :)

What mental diagnosis does Jodi not have? We have dissected Jodi as a microbiologist would dissect a cell.

Oooh! Oooh! Arachnophobia! Remember, she said she wouldn't even hurt a spider... ;)

It's very telling that the defense has not had Jodi examined by a top notch psychiatrist. Or at least if they have they haven't called one to testify in the case in chief. Perhaps in the penalty phase when jurors might see severe mental illness as a mitigating factor and spare her life?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did and they didn't like what they had to say. Kind of like when Dr. S glossed over his personality disorder NOS diagnosis. That, to me, is an understatement.

was working but watching replay now. Did yall see jodi cracking up when it was mentioned someone was (Deanna) on "crack". She could not contain herself. She is highly amused!!!

I am disgusted at how jovial she is!

Yes, then I realized I was sneering and saying cuss words at the TV, alone. :banghead:

:rocker: That's a start.

And unfortunately there is more of this nonsense to come.
I agree and dread tomorrow if she gets into the pedo claims. We all know they are not true, but my heart hurts to think of the family even having to hear those words.

I agree! :rocker:

No one can properly diagnosis because you cannot diagnose someone like Jodi who constantly manipulates and fabricates stories.

You might be right on mitigation, but even these two "experts" know very well that she has got flashing red lights all over the place for serious disorders. I think JA has obstructed and will continue to obstruct any attempt to diagnose her. She doesn't believe there's anything wrong with her. I think she really imagines she can will us all into accepting her reality.
:cow:

I never read that Ted Bundy converted to Hinduism. I have read that he "died a Methodist" and did not embrace Mormonism but I never heard that he converted to Hinduism. Interesting.

Just like Jodi, he used religion as a tool to manipulate others.

Why do I have this song in my head for Jodi now ...

[video=youtube;hEU8CjPIrpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEU8CjPIrpw[/video]

No, I believe it was Neutrogena spray on sun screen. And it was rather expensive. For a girl on a budget. And she bought 2.

Well, maybe she was worried about getting a sunburn in Cancun.

Well, Alyce says she's not an abuser, so there's that.

One thing that really makes me even more mad now at Dr. Samuelson is remember when he testified that he talked with the Mom. At least I think he said that.

Well, if he did talk with her. Well.....it took her a whole 10 seconds to tell the police officer that something is wrong with Jodi. Sooooooo, then why in the heck did Dr. Samuelson not testify that Jodi is abnormal and sick ???

Did he purposely leave out some things that him and the Mom discussed?
me thinks so.

And did Alyce talk with the parents? If not, then why not? because they surely knew according to what we just heard tonight.

If someone told you they had evidence that pointed to your child being a murderer, you would respond with "My child would NEVER kill anyone. You are WRONG." Jodi's mom didn't do that. Big red flag.

You can be heartbroken and also resigned that you are raising/have raised a dangerous person.

As a mother, you have all the same love and feeling for the angry one and you wonder what you did differently. You blame yourself until their behavior becomes so bad you begin to think of mental illness. Then you find out there is no cure. When I was raising children in the 70's and 80's they didn't give kids pills and I never heard of a mentally ill child - just retarded.

Certainly parents never looked for signs of sociopathy or autism or ADHD. The diseases were around but they just didn't have the names. I took my son to MANY psychiatrists and doctors - the best in the field and the consensus of all their advice - get ready for it - was "You have a difficult violent child. Be sure to give him lots of attention and my favorite, "Try to be a good listener--and if you can, remarry."

If you have ever seen "The Bad Seed" imagine being that girl's mother. My heart goes out to her mother. She probably didn't have the money or time to give her daughter the extra care and supervision she needed. I did and, hate to say it, but it didn't really matter. One psychiatrist saw my despair and said, "Hey, don't feel so bad-- if it weren't for you and all you've done, he would have been institutionalized before he was ten."

Disagree. The difference is she was caught after killing her first victim. I've no doubt if she is diagnosed as a socio/psychopath and released that she'll kill again as there is no cure for that disorder.

bbm... We sure about this? :waitasec:

I have a sister with a personality like her. You have to cut them out like cancer. Noone in the family talks to her.

Good for you that you cut your sister out of your life like she was a cancer. US mental care has come a long way and thumbs up to you and your family for not talking to and recognizing that your sister is mentally crazy sister.

One thing that really makes me even more mad now at Dr. Samuelson is remember when he testified that he talked with the Mom. At least I think he said that.

Well, if he did talk with her. Well.....it took her a whole 10 seconds to tell the police officer that something is wrong with Jodi. Sooooooo, then why in the heck did Dr. Samuelson not testify that Jodi is abnormal and sick ???

Did he purposely leave out some things that him and the Mom discussed?
me thinks so.

And did Alyce talk with the parents? If not, then why not? because they surely knew according to what we just heard tonight.
Wow. Did he really interview her mom?

I'll go looking for you.

It was during direct when Nurmi asked "why did you say no jury would ever convict you". Then she went on her suicide rant about the guard being there and she couldn't say she was going to kill herself because then she'd be stripped and put in a padded cell.

I believe it can be found on the first day of her testimony.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member