trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaneGirl

LaneGirl Well-Known Member

What is his fate? Will he have a good outcome in heavan?

2. katiecoolady

katiecoolady Well-Known Member

OMG you HAVE to find a way to get that to mark Eiglarsh!!!! I can somehow get it to Dr. Drew Show possibly. ...do you post on his FB page? Or tweet? He has got to see this!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

3. MrsProsecutor

MrsProsecutor Member

I don't disagree with you. That whole case broke my freakin heart to pieces. I do think she never ever was as honest as she was when she made that call. That was the truth and she turned her back on it. I think it is more subconscious than conscious to do that, and it doesn't EVER make it right.

4. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

Do the jurors know about the dog?

5. AuburnSchnauzer

AuburnSchnauzer New Member

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :facepalm:

6. katiecoolady

I spoke to her at length right after she talked about that on the show cuz she was concerned it wasn't clear. It was literally an exchange of "are you in line?" and "no". That was the beginning, middle and end. Now if he's gonna appeal on THAT....I just can't even respond!!! But they do appeal /object on preposterous BS.

7. katiecoolady

Not yet.

Three words: RE BUTT and AL

8. AuburnSchnauzer

Nope.....

9. Kittytective

Kittytective Member

And athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm. Not necessarily only yeast. :)

10. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Re BBM
    I understand, however, I feel that her over accomodating can also cause a mistrial. For example, if she allows the removal of jurors for illegitmate reasons, then they may run out of jurors.

Or , the defense could argue for a mistrial based on a bad deicision she made that they themselves asked her to make.

11. Wazzu

Wazzu New Member

And she repeated it verbatim a second time. She had that one very well rehearsed.

12. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

Thank you!!!! Very cool to hear this perspective!!

13. paperwing

paperwing New Member

And a lot of folks would consider what Travis was doing doggish, but not cheating - certainly not on JA.

Weren't the women he was interested in deeply LDS - thus the cheating didn't involve sex... not to mention it wasn't cheating because he was single.

Travis didn't want to date JA because she wasn't LDS, so she fixed that. Superficially. So it seems like he was rather particular about that... Had he ever dated a non-LDS woman that we know of?

He wasn't cheating - he wasn't in a relationship. JA refused to go away.

14. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Nope, JA was a Mormon, baptized by TA. After listening to a Mormon Elder that taught her the discussions..I think she was serious about becoming a Mormon. I became a Catholic at one point in my life. Attended RCIA. Becoming a Catholic required much more study/time that it does to become a Mormon IMO. If you listen to Mimi Hall's testimony (JM had her tell about the sins of Mormonism) and TA's friends that were on NG or Dr. Drew..they harped on how he was a virgin, stumbled and his "natural man" prevailed..That is why religion plays a part in this trial. TA could not be a normal man, JA had to be his dirty little secret. He had to pretend he was a virgin. Elder Jensen: (already posted this, but the thread moves so fast). This is the Mormon elder that taught JA. http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/

15. AuburnSchnauzer

When do you suppose RE BUTT will happen? Oh, by the way, see any Asian-Americans in the jury?

16. AlanCFA

AlanCFA New Member

She seems to be less into blathering for the sake of controversy and ratings than others covering the trial, but she is not perfect. I see an acquittal as nearly impossible.

It seems that some HLN viewers and even some here at WS are like Super Bowl fans who are afraid their team will blow a 28 point lead with 3 minutes left.

Honestly, from what you have seen of ALV, would you change your mind and vote to acquit based on her testimony?

Juan will get a conviction. As Adam Clayton Powell once said, "keep the faith, baby"

17. katiecoolady

I'm thinking it will start next week. And no, no Asian Americans. nor African Americans. Mesa is strikingly Caucasian.

18. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

Nonononono....

Don't ruin our childhood Icon Alice--- please....I was a latchkey kid....she raised me thrum the Tv.....

:sigh:

19. LaneGirl

LaneGirl Well-Known Member

ok at one point in her testimony she said something to the effect of...at least that is what I pretented/proported or something like that in reference to being a mormon. I'm looking for the link.

having said that...I've been wrong tonight on another issue :)

20. paperwing

paperwing New Member

The jurors didn't/won't see that part of the video, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.