trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet the defendant whined to the detective, during the interrogation, that her family would never visit her.

Also the defendant seemed to accuse Travis of snooping as well.

Yet, she is the one during her police interrogation snooping thru the garbage can.

:rolleyes:

I MUST say. I do find sympathy for JA mom. I find her tears believable. I seriously think I am a human lie detector. I can practically smell someone lying. Some call me skeptical, but I think I am more a realist. Whatever, I don't buy bull. But I DO buy Sandy. I cannot make judgment on her dad yet, don't have a feel for him.

Even NG says that she would lie for her child if they committed a crime. Iremember years ago being shocked when hearing her say that, but I suppose many moms will do anything, even for a crazy azz disconnected child who appreciated nothing.

I believe that David Lohr said that there is red tape, but it can be done. Public info. Only problem is....who is willing to do it.

Hopefully, David Lohr got his message we left him ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FTLD6idBjA"] Bat Phone - Batman TV Show[/ame]

True. Maybe she was going to be evaluated.
If not a diabetic and truly sweating like that I would worry about her heart.
65 sounds too old for "hot flashes" but I guess HRT could cause them.

Like I said I hope she is ok.

I still think it was the big D. Sweating while your tummy is cramping and churning.

She had to use the bathroom the other day too, I think it's her nerves.

Maybe Wilmott told her she'd be done with her today and she is afraid of Juan. That's my guess anyway. Usually if you just have to tinkle you can hold it for 20more minutes and use those pads as a back up just in case.

I hope she doesn't continue to have this problem - she needs to start downing the Immodium pronto because Juan is inevitable.

Brought over from last thread . . . post #1718 by Anagrammy

Clues coming out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, Jodi called her mother, whom she "loves" but doesn't have a good relationship with, to help her move back to Yreka.

This is not how it's done in the Mormon community, especially for a single woman. You call the bishop and ask if the elders quorum can help you load. You have everything packed up and they come and load it for you. Then you drive and the elders quorum at the new ward help you unload. I moved this way many times.

If she were an active member, she would know this because she would be receiving calls to help people unpack/move and would know that people coming in were using Travis and his friends' help to unload trucks.

Her being unwilling to do this tells me that she was not considered an active member and it supports my theory that she was being shunned due to word getting around that she was a dangerous stalker.

Now another thing coming out. Jodi only wanted Travis to be happy--she wasn't jealous at all. She didn't even kill him. In fact, there's no mention of the murder in any of these journals. IT would be a notable event, so it must not have happened.

This is how Alyce LaViolette is willing to twist and distort the facts to support her client, regardless of the known true facts of the case. I hope the mods don't mind my saying this, but what a betrayal of every true victim of domestic violence she has ever helped. Might as well hang a sandwich board sign on her (since she is old school and has no facebook page).

It should read: Expert for Hire, Willing to Defend Perpetrators for $$$.

Respectfully BBM, and italicized and underlined by me as well. . .

I know single Mormon women who would not ask for this type of help from the church. Sometimes they have to pick and chose what they wish to ask for help from the church . ..( ie: . . .going to Bishops Warehouse (foodbank) or asking for assistance on paying property taxes or buying tires, etc) they have felt they could not ask anymore from the Bishop.

Furthermore, the church has their own counseling services (not necessarily Graduate level providers) . . . JA could have asked for help for herself - but she would have to have disclosed the sexual contact between her and TA.

The 2nd part (that I Bolded and underlined) speaks volumes to me. I am not trying to pick a fight or point out negativity in the LDS church over other organized religions but, in my experience in the LDS faith - Shunning was widely used as a Power and Control tactic over numerous members who were not following the doctrine.

Many other religions use shunning as well but it was much more prevalent in the Mormon faith than others I have experienced (in my personal experience).

Another thing I was somewhat astounded when I heard was JA "went to temple" after she and TA had an argument/fight. this is so misleading . . . .I am sure that JA did not have a "temple recommend" based upon her stellar behaviors in following the doctrine. JA stated she went to the temple visitor center parking lot . . . but that was as close as she could get to the temple. (Unless she was approved to do baptism for the dead but that still requires a sort of temple recommend).

How many LDS members when they are upset drive to the temple parking lot to seek solace? That just seem so weird to me . . . maybe it was the "closest" JA felt she could get to a 'holy place'?

I saw that as well and am wondering the same thing. Lets say something like a serious condition did present today and she goes to the hospital. Does the trial stop till she gets better? what if she never gets better? Do the defence get to find another DV expert and start over again since Juan can not do cross on a gravely ill or dead person?

When JM gets done with her, she will WISH she were dead!:rocker:

ALV has made me realize that my 5 year-old daughter is abusive to me. One minute she's telling me she loves me, the next minute she screams at me, telling me that MY behavior and actions make her into the person she is (ie - not allowing her to have more than 1 Barbie Dream House makes her sad) and then she lays the guilt on nice and thick. I'm just about ready to swing the door open and run for my life, but then she always reels me back in with an apology and another I Love You. I know she's crazy, but I love her. I think I'm going to stick this one out... you know... cuz I love her too.

What ever happened to the term "TEMPER TANTRUM"?

That being said, don't let your kid run YOU....I see this so much at work. YOU are the boss of them. (not directed at you specifically)

Beth Kara's just speculated that ALV would be on the stand probably for the next 3 court days. Does anyone know when the court hiatus is scheduled? After next week? TIA

I don't think there is a hiatus.... unless Beth Karas doesn't know about it because she said last week she thought deliberations would begin the week of the 15th; today she said it would probably be the week of the 22nd.

Call me an optimist, but I think JW will finish with ALV tomorrow and Juan will start his cross before the weekend.

Listening to JA in her interrogation...

Det. Flores asks her whether she wants to see the photos from before the murder.

Instead, she says that she wants to see pictures of the bloody, gory aftermath.

I think I found Bobby Juarez's vampiress...

I MUST say. I do find sympathy for JA mom. I find her tears believable. I seriously think I am a human lie detector. I can practically smell someone lying. Some call me skeptical, but I think I am more a realist. Whatever, I don't buy bull. But I DO but Sandy. I cannot make judgment on her dad yet, don't have a feel for him.

Even NG says that she would lie for her child if they committed a crime. Iremember years ago being shocked when hearing her say that, but I suppose many moms will do anything, even for a crazy azz disconnected child who appreciated nothing.

The same mom who was seen visiting the defendant while she was under police surveillance, the night before her defendant daughter was arrested before she could flee.

The same mom who had .25 caliber ammo recovered from her home during a search warrant.

The same mom who tried to sell known fake pedo letters to the National Enquirer.

The same mom who has sold several of her defendant daughters drawings on email.

The same mom who has no expression on her face in the courtroom, well unless she is seen laughing.

I am reviewing right before Wilmot calls for sidebar and it sure does look like JA, LaViolet and JW all touch their glasses with their right hand. First Jodie right after JW asks LV if she wants TA to be happy with MiMi. I can't tell if Jodi did this for JW or LV.

Shortly after Nurmi starts to rise to the edge of his seat. LV then touches her glasses with her right hand twice and a minute or two later JW deliberately touches her glasses with her right hand as she lifts them up and down, hers was obvious. She also looks at the clock no less than three times from when Jody touches her glasses.

Jodi's and JW's appeared very obvious, they did not appear to be adjusting. It all looks very coordinated after you watch it a few times.

All my opinion obviously

Welcome to the world of hot flashes and poor sleep...

Been there and doing that. Hahaha.
I don't remember who first suggested it, but her illness was pre-planned by her handlers IMO.

Yes, I heard that too. Interesting. I do know that Yreka is know for being a weed growing area. "Weed Country" on the discovery channel is frequently filmed there.

I watched that show after someone mentioned it here weeks ago.

One of the growers has a brother in LE in Yreka.
He pulled up one time to talk to his brother and I was like "hey that is where the defendant was after her arrest". :lol:

I heard what Jean C said about her sweating. But, it is Jean C for goodness sake. She seems to see a lot of things that nobody else can ever see.

I don't think I buy this illness. Right before she got sick, there was no question. Wilmott, asked to approach the judge. To me, it was like she didn't know what to do next. 5 minute recess called, then sick for the day? I just don't buy it. :twocents:

I would have to say it is giving me a queazy feeling and I agree. :hot:

The sweating if true is concerning. I hope she really is sick because if she's going so far as to manipulate the jurors empathy just to keep up some DT schedule, then she's far more <:banghead:> than I gave her credit for.

I did notice she had dark circles under her eyes. Maybe from cramming all those journals in preparation for testimony today.

The body speaks what the mind thinks.

Maybe she consciously or unconsciously finally realized everything she is saying is based on the lies of a lying liar, and now she looks foolish- unexpert and after a life time of true contribution to victims- now feels ill. Jodi fits the pattern of abusers to the letter. and she has stuck up for her on international tv!

She said " behavior is evidence" I can't see how any expert can sit there and state hear - say as evidence. I cannot wait for JM to get his chance at her.
I can't wait for justice for TA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members