trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you really FEEEEEL? Please do share. :floorlaugh:

I must add that I swear HLN is why InSession is no longer airing live trial coverage on TV. HLN and TruTV are owned by the same parent company and said parent company ended InSession's coverage so that HLN would have a monopoly of it on the television and they hoped for a ratings/ad revenue boost at HLN. But much to my pleasure (and others) I think that this did nothing but backfire for HLN as everyone is instead going to watching the trial LIVE and commercial FREE online (instead of resorting to the as annoying as nails on a chalkboard, hours delayed, & commercial-ridden coverage on HLN). MOO, of course, but that's my opinion of what's going on there ;)

BBM: Jumping in and adding my :twocents: fwiw ... lol :

And that is why IMO Travis did NOT have sex with that woman the day she killed him ...

He was "on to her" by then ... I know the camera pics ... baffling!

:moo:

While LE, the prosecution, the defense, and I disagree with you I don't really think it's all that material now that premeditation has been firmly established.

TA was not into little boys. She was begging to give him "special mouth hugs", to receive "generous facials", and she was there on June 4. Once again, she was making a house call and was 'wide open' for business. And Travis was a repeat customer... this time, to his own brutal demise.

JA is evil incarnate.

I don't like the stand she has taken on the witness stand. I don't even particularly like her. But in a way (please don't throw things at me) in a way I really do feel a little pity for ALV today.

I mean think about it. First thing she gets called to the judge's office. Then she gets on the stand and JM keeps confronting her, then proves she lied on her CV. LOL she is really having a bad day.

BTW if I was a defendant, I would never want this woman to testify in my defense.

6280d1362408069-politica-italiana-pt-ii-23187107.jpg

I hope ALV has malpractice insurance. _______ is anorexic is she. WTF!!

I understand that it's a horrifying thing to out something like an eating disorder in a nationally televised trial, but when somebody is anorexic, it's hard for everyone in the anorexic's life to not know.

But a potential employer would now be able to know this private information about her.

JA seems to be the violent one in their relationship cause she felt she can do as she wants with him when they are alone cause she can use their sexual secret over his head .

Something about the way Mister Martinez conducted the questioning regarding the emails in which Travis asked a self admitted anorexic to send him a picture of her in her bikini, made me wonder if the reason Travis asked for the photo was so he could help with her self esteem. That Travis' intentions in asking for the pic were not lustful, but compassionate.

Has the (almighty and powerful) context of the texts been established in court already?

We have absolutely no idea what these texts/emails/IMs say let alone context.
Maybe the woman had food poisoning and sent TA a text saying: "I've been barfing for 2 days straight. On the plus side I've lost 7 lbs. Maybe I'm anorexic."

So if I text one of you guys and say "omg stop stalking me! I know I'm anorexic but I can't help it". Does that mean I'm anorexic and you are stalking me?

She had them listed on her CV, there were a lot.

I'm wondering if ALV embellished her experience testifying as an expert witness. I know the CV lists many divorce/child custody cases where she testified as an "expert", and it would make sense that those cases would be sealed. But she also described a case involving a father murdering his daughter's abuser, so I would expect there to be some record of her expert testimony in this case.

For an expert witness with such a lengthy list of court experience on her CV, I think its very interesting that there is no record of her testifying in any capacity.

I believe it was KCL who mentioned that a friend of ALV said she was nervous about testifying, I wonder if it has to do with lack of experience on the stand?

"You've chosen not to believe him even though he's written it down." Travis, who recorded his fear and abuse. Eloquently brilliant.

I still don't understand why Travis just did not change his password...he knew she was dangerous.
I don't think we know with any certainty what precautions Travis took or didn't. At the time of his murder he believed she was more than a thousand miles away, in another state.

A point I keep trying to make though is you can be afraid of someone and not really fully understand that person has the potential to actually be lethal. I don't believe Travis really, fully comprehended just how dangerous Jodi really was. Even though my ex threatened my life, and pulled a gun on me twice, years ago I would've sworn he'd never actually hurt me. I was deluded enough to believe his feelings for me would preclude such violence.

Just FWIW

What cracked me up was when she said " In the program it listed the breakout Keynotes..."

And Juan calmly said ' Let's see..." And then he pulled out the program from that conference in LA in 2010 and put it on the wall projector...and IMPEACHED HER...

I loved how she kept trying to justify it by saying ' ..but ..but they said I was the Keynote Breakout Group speaker..."

:floorlaugh:

Exactly, now I'm kind of curious as to who actually wrote the original Snow White presentation??? What was the name of the lady that was listed as having done that presentation? I'll have to go back and see...

I still don't get why the defense even opened the door to these texts and travis' journals. They are going to get killed by them.

Agreed. However, there is no restriction on cross in AZ, I believe. So likely they would have been admitted anyway even if not addressed in direct.

I would think this witness would have been required to write up a report,after all the state of Arizona is paying for one.

I understand that it's a horrifying thing to out something like an eating disorder in a nationally televised trial, but when somebody is anorexic, it's hard for everyone in the anorexic's life to not know.

But a potential employer would now be able to know this private information about her.

I agree, but it still shouldn't have been done! :gavel:

I am totally amazed that she's even on the stand without having previously submitted a formal report to both sides.

This is why she's able to obfuscate and twist things around so much - JM has no report in front of him.

Simply amazing. :what:
It's all part of 'the movement' to bring about a paradigm shift away from the patriarchy that came fully into being with the establishment of law, and is now encoded in our legal system. The paradigm shift that will take us back to the 3000 years of world peace and gender equality, when women ruled the earth, were fierce warriors, and men stayed home and nurtured children... or some such nonsense... I watched her youtube video. :floorlaugh:

@WildaboutTrial2

Jurors continue to take many notes. #JodiArias

I bet those pens lit up like fire when the 'stalking' was mentioned. I can already predict her explanation on redirect -- he's an abusive man and this stalker business was part of his character assassination of Jodi. Except that Jodi is the only woman in his life that got this "assassination" and is the very woman who perpetrated the most fearful outcome of stalking -- murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth