trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muddymcduck

muddymcduck Inactive

Now that I have exorcised my exasperation with Laviolette's behaviour, I can move on to Jodi.

Perhaps it is my relative inexperience in so closely following a criminal trial, but I am often left dumbfounded at how persistently Jodi prods Wilmott or whispers something to her during proceedings, seemingly making attempts at directing her own defense.

I can respect her right to a fair trial and I suppose that as a result of the defendant sitting directly adjacent to her counsel she might naturally feel compelled to intervene, but good grief, I couldn't imagine trying to adequately focus on proceedings with my client incessantly poking at me and hissing in my ear.

I did have to laugh then when I spotted what I could have sworn was Jodi suggesting to Wilmott that a Martinez question to Laviolette was argumentative, only to have Wilmott summarily dismiss her by saying that it wasn't. I haven't cared much for Wilmott's strategy, but I was glad to see her at least show a modicum of integrity in this instance.

See if I am interpreting things correctly. I believe it occurs around the 9:35 mark of the following video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK-LOWBAy1g"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 43 - Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

2. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

She was headed to Monterrey with the gun in the rental.

I'm quite certain MM lived(s)? in Monterrey in the summer of '08.

I bet they were gonna pull an OJ/Scott Peterson.

3. Rosemary Pierce

Rosemary Pierce New Member

[​IMG]

I can just hear her thinking " Hmmm, I do believe I am screwed here"

Thanks for the link JJ!

4. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Think about that soft spoken syrupy interview she did with 48hrs. That's the JA that ALV was dealing with when she showed up in 2010. Remember that the Hughes originally wondered if she could possibly be that sweet and nice. Now they came to figure out the real JA eventually but apparently ALV didn't after her limited 44 hours with her in a jail environment.

MOO

5. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

It's been on and off with both ALV and JW.
    Sometimes Ms Arias, but usually "Jodi".

6. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Sulamith
    What makes you think JA was obsessed with TA? I guess everybody has a definition of "successful". TA worked for PPL, did not have a college education. Not sure if JA would have ever heard of the Mormon church had it not been for TA..HE was the one that told her of his Book of Mormon..HE baptized her. I don't see how JA used TA for religion for gain as you say.

Are YOU serious?? Have YOU been watching this trial? Bless your heart, of course I have been watching this trial, that is why I am posting my opinions. Just because I do not happen to agree with you does not mean I am not watching the trial!!

7. gauntlet

gauntlet Inactive

Wow. Look at this
    [​IMG]

8. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

Ha ha - good catch.

9. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if she was hoping for another outburst of laughter when she made her comment to Mr. Martinez or at least hoping to rile him up. Didn't work that way though, did it. She was admonished by the Judge, Wilma's jaw reportedly dropped to the ground and the jury wasn't pleased. She needs to learn to control herself.

10. noonie

noonie New Member

Perfect answer! LOL :rocker:

11. pferrin

pferrin New Member

Not so sure how she is gonna be floating like a cork since she mentioned Snow White ...DISNEY'S Cartoon Snow White being a battered woman in her seminars and now in a huge murder Trial. Trust me Disney is not gonna let her float.

12. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Well when JM asked her about how many times she'd testifed in a criminal trial she couldn't remember anything and was digging back about 29 years to the last one wasn't she? At which time she was likely testifying for an actual victim. So perhaps the only trials she's testified at since then were in family court. Which makes me feel bad for any men that were wrongly accused of abuse and she was the "expert" that was brought in by their ex's attorney.

MOO

13. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

Thank you. I agree, she clearly wasn't 'briefed' properly by the defence, she has been used.

14. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Every time she whispers or talks close to someone in order to be discrete, I think she's going to (or wants to) kiss them. WHen she was whispering in JW's ear this AM, she totally had this duck lips/kiss face expression on her face. She's so weird and inappropriate!

15. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

:seeya: Sleuth5

16. PASA

PASA Verified Juanette

What I saw was: ja- that's argumentative too. JW- no it isn't.

Good catch!!

17. SAgal

SAgal New Member

That's just very creepy...scary! MOO

18. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

You guys crack me up. I'll be going to bed with a smile for Juan and a laugh from you all.
    Now if I can only get gauntlet's picture out my brain, I'll sleep fine. lol
    Good night peeps - see ya in the AM.

19. Wendy101

Wendy101 Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially the "family court" cases.. Wonder how many men were labeled as "abusive" and had the rights to their children taken away.. During a nasty divorce where the mother claims abuse for her own advantage... I sure hope the innocent ones are watching Alices performance on stand...

20. simlyme

simlyme member since 04/2009

Is that a before & after or an after & before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.