trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

Yes! Very important testimony. Juan showed a pattern of stalking, how JA kept going back to her ex's, doing things to try to get back into their lives. He proved this with Bobby, Matt, and Travis. JA couldn't and wouldn't LET GO of her ex's.

ETA: Oops - you were asking if there was testimony prior to trial from BJ. I was going on and on about Juan's brilliant cross today of ALV, connecting the pattern of stalking dots.

2. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

This "jealousy" conversation is making me crazy. Jodi couldn't even admit that she was jealous. Doesn't THAT mean something?

3. muddymcduck

muddymcduck Inactive

Hi SuperTmo,

That's an interesting analysis. I thought I had read somewhere that he had requested his own removal from the case at some point, so I can only imagine he hasn't always been terribly enthused about his part in these proceedings.

As for his seating, I am thinking of starting a collection to buy him a properly sized chair. Poor sod.

4. usnuzuloose

usnuzuloose Loosing Boo Boo

I think KN is checked out. He is not saying much or doing much any more. Nurmi probably feels that he can't eat lunch with them as AL would make him very uncomfortable. She has made herself known how she does not like men. I would feel for him in that area.

You know I can't understand why a man would even return to a lecture with their wives knowing that she is bashing men. I as a woman would be walking out. You don't attend marriage counseling learning how to bash your husband. You usually go to try and get help and heal your marriage , not end it. I think she would rather have women end it than try to help and heal both people.

5. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

BBM. Well for one... her journals make me think she was obsessed with him. Every single page is about him in some way, shape or form. She admits that she peeked in his windows, entered his home while she knew he was on dates and then happened to fall asleep, admits having his passwords for everything, moved where he lived after they broke up! She WAS obsessed with him based upon what EVERYONE but JA and ALV say!

Nowhere is it written that you have to have a college education to be successful. Travis owned a home, lived like a grown man w/o his parents or grandparents providing the roof over his head, had a nice car (until JA destroyed it), and was able to travel FAR more than me. In the eyes of a high school drop out, Travis was successful... who cares that he worked for PPL? You say that like it's a bad thing, but it paid his way and afforded him what he wanted and needed. Heck, in the eyes of ME (a college graduate working on my Masters degree), Travis meets my own definition of successful.

6. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

Nurmi did pat Det. Flores on the back before court started today. I won't give him any credit whatsoever though...nope. He is after the jury and is hell bent on a mistrial. JMO

7. Sedonia Sunset

Sedonia Sunset Member

I don't either. She may not be internet-savvy, but she uses it. She probably leaves court and googles her name every night.

8. zaza

zaza New Member

You hit the nail on the head. She's acting like she expects to be tripped up. She said something about JM attempting to trick her at one point. What surprises me the most (because we share similar professions, ALV and I) is how she is trying to guess where JM is going with respect to his questions. She keeps saying, "I don't know where you're going with this". WELL, SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO KNOW IF SHE JUST TELLS THE TRUTH! And, her mindset tells me that she is a very controlling person herself. It's the battle of wills between ALV and JM. But she's got her entourage and her circle of "professional" healers and they will embrace her and tell her it's not her fault, that big bad prosecutor victimized her. Just ridiculous. Or, if she's a really an honest and growing human being, and I think she probably is, she'll have a deep turning in the seat of her soul and take a long, honest look at herself, and maybe make some changes. It's possible. This is going to be a life-changing experience for ALV. I have no doubt.

9. Smelly Squirrel

Smelly Squirrel Has never crawled into a Pontiac Sunfire

Can NG stop acting like they are showing live footage? I feel embarrassed for her and the big act she puts on every night.

10. 2Wierd4me

2Wierd4me New Member

I am going to go and look back through the photos of JA from 2007 through to present day and see if I can see what SMOOTHOPERATOR is talking about. I know that I 'feel' that this woman is demonstrating a very scary energy and I would be extremely uncomfortable to be anywhere around it.
    Anyone want to help by posting annual photos up to the cross examination period?

11. Peepers McPeep

Peepers McPeep "I saw that." ~ Karma

And, Ladies and Gentleman of the thread,
    the court reporter is huddled in a corner,
    quietly sobbing.
    Poor fella.

12. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

Obviously ALV knows more about the internet than she would like for some to think. She made sure to note while during cross that videos of her lectures are on Youtube. It honestly would not suprise me one bit for ALV to say, as she's leaving the witness stand for her final time, "Don't forget to check out my kiosk outside the courtroom doors! I have books and other merchandise for sale!".

ALV has done so much to ruin her own reputation and while I do not believe that she can completely repair it she could help by just stopping with the word games and zingers that she has the tendency to use and just answer Juan's questions honestly. Then again, maybe she has done to much damage to even fix it a little.

MOO

13. Smelly Squirrel

Smelly Squirrel Has never crawled into a Pontiac Sunfire

How can a professional not understand what "hypothetical" means?

"You asking me for a hypotthetical oif something I have no evidence of?"

Yes, of course! If you had evidence, it wouldn't be a hypothetical! :banghead:

14. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

Actually, JA was beyond the pattern of "normal human emotion" jealousy and all the way to full-blown stalking.

Cued at the spot where JM uses ALV's continuum to Dx JA:

http://youtu.be/fK-LOWBAy1g?t=53m2s :great::dance::clap:

15. zaza

zaza New Member

No, but you can google images of Jodi Arias and find tons and tons. There are more photos of her on the internet spanning the last 10 years than Heidi Klum.

16. wasnt_me

Wait a minute. I already admitted I was not even paying attention when all this past boyfriend stuff came up--but, is it true that Jodi started dating Matthew--Bobby's FRIEND?

I didn't realize that. But JM said Bobby moved to live with Matthew. Wow.

17. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

BBM

Would that she had done a wee bit less 'spanning'...

18. 2Wierd4me

2Wierd4me New Member

Has anyone else noticed that the cameras do not pan over the victim's family area anymore? I think it is important the family is protected from public scrutiny, but by the same token, the rest of the gallery on that side is not being shown either, making it look like the only people there are those supporting JA.

19. wasnt_me

Yes, much like the hypothetical that Jodi wasn't jealous! :facepalm: Something ALV had no evidence of.

She's doing that to play to the jury and it's annoying as heck.

20. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Is this JW? Has she ever tried a dp murder case? It was at the top of the list when I googled. tia I thought they needed experience, like 3 death penalty cases under their belt. I'm sure there's more but haven't searched farther.

http://willmottlaw.com/attorneys.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.