trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of Arizona should be able to do a stop payment on this imposter's check for trying to pass herself off as an expert.

Nanny, AL is very knowledgeable about domestic abuse and has done a lot for that cause. I think she is past her time and is a dinosaur now and needs to pass the baton to the younger generation. Times are different- with text messages, emails, etc. People are different now , since the 60's and '70. I grew up in those eras- I'm probably around the same age as AL- and when I attended classes at the college where I live last year, I couldn't understand all the text messaging the kids did. I thought it was "stupid". The kids were texting, talking to their friends at the same time. It was inconceivable to me and I thought it was rude. BUT, it was wrong of me to think it was stupid because this is the world the kids live in now. AL needs to educate herself about THIS era if she wants to continue in the field. She's past, and this is now. How people think of sex is even different now, not deviant, and that's OK. She has to get over her "old fashion" ideas and get in the so-called "groove" (as we "old fashion" people use to say in the '70's-LOL).
:twocents:

The thing about that ridiculous comment is that Juan wasn't yelling, he was very even keeled right then. To me, and I've thought it since it happened...that was a very staged comment, taken directly from JW's instructions.

JM brought his tone down a notch. She was trying to aggravate him. She wants to provoke him. Shes a man hatter.

Morning Sleuthers!
I hope everyone is well rested after that experience yesterday! I know the times I jumped up or turned around at what I was seeing/hearing yesterday should count as a trip to the gym :)

I know all of us are so frustrated by not knowing the actual course of events when she killed TA, but I think I've come to the conclusion that she did shoot first, missed her mark badly by not killing him outright, the gun jammed, panicked and then went into the stab frenzy because he wasn't immediately dead. I think he screamed at her, "I hate you!" after she shot him and that added into the frenzy.
So many people focus on the stabbing frenzy and see a crime of passion, but I think it was a rage because her plan was falling apart. I keep thinking of her Mom's interview where she said JA could be happy one minute and ten minutes later, in a total screaming rage.
I did hear one investigator, guest on one of the shows, say that the only reason TA only had one bullet wound was because the gun jammed.
I think he's right.
If things would have gone her way, JA would have shot TA to death, left him in the shower, and gone about her business....
I think that day went so far off track for her that she went insanely postal.
She inserts bits of the truth into her paragraphs of lies. She shot first, he didn't die immediately. What she won't tell anyone is why she butchered him. It would show how badly she screwed up her 'perfect plan'. JA doesn't admit to faults. She is a genius.

I thought he was seeing and definitely flirting with other women while in an official relationship with Jodi. Aren't there texts messages between Travis and other women that would be deemed inappropriate if he was dating someone?

According to Jodi. it was actually PM's associated with Travis' MySpace account which according to the other party involved were not inappropriate at all.

And if there were some text messages how do you think Jodi got to read them? you think Travis volunteer them or was it another case of obsessive snooping which Jodi used to confirm her paranoia?

I should also take the opportunity to point out the entire claim that they had a final sexual encounter before the murder is yet another "according to Jodi".

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JA is getting Bored now because she hasn't been able to talk about herself for what two or so weeks now... She does not have control of the people in that court room and she can't get out of it.

I think they should put this up on the Jumbo-Tron in the courtroom today! :rocker:

Morning everyone:seeya:
Are you ready for today?

YES OR NO- that is the question-please make AL answer it.:floorlaugh: (for God's sake, already).

Part of the DT's strategy, I have no doubt - be as obtuse as you possibly can. Not to mention, she's playing chess with Juan. "Okay, he just made this move, what is my next move? Where is he going? How do I head him off?

And remember, $5.00 per minute that she's on the stand.

She better hold onto this money she has made off of the Az. taxpayers. I have a feeling her offers are going to plummet after this fiasco. She will be carrying this baggage around for a very long time.

IMO

I am still floored by Alyce's comment yesterday regarding Juan in time out :what: It spoke volumes as to how personal she takes her testimony. Does she not get this Trial is not about her. I'm surprised she didn't march Juan into a corner, whip out a wooden spoon and proceed to spank the pee waddle and doo out of him :what:
Her comment has a deeper connotation too that I find really very disturbing - alluding to abusers as no more than naughty children who are willfully defiant.

Most people get frustrated. How it's expressed could become abusive, of course. However, Juan's expressed his (understandable) frustration in a mostly healthy, most assuredly non-abusive manner, and that should be the goal of any intervention strategies for abusers - rather than to squelch a person's emotions in a 'timeout' just because they're calling you on an obvious bias and antiquated philosophy. ;)

Not to mention he's doing his job!

I saw Donovan in court yesterday....did I miss something?
at least I think I did...

You did see her. She either was sitting in another place in the morning and was not visible to us or she came in late. She sat behind the defense in the afternoon.

Arias looks downright deranged in this picture from yesterday. She is getting more agitated as the days go on and I am starting to wonder not if, but when she is going to have an outburst in court.

548515_457196854356462_685669034_n_zpsdc8b5dc3.jpg

Hope I don't blow the margins!:please: I apologize if I do:blushing:

Shes smelling her hair.

Snip

ETA: The margins are blown again! Grrrr.
IMO

I am on a smartphone using tapatalk so I cannot see that. But if you post or on the threads.. it would help if you identified which picture was really large and blowing the margins, say whose it is that is blowing it so that that person can fix it, or send a alert to a moderator they will remove it. sometimes they are extra special and resize it also!;)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Morning all.. I listened to live feed yesterday between and during appointments, and caught up last night...finished up this morning....Thank you David Lohr !
Can someone point me to where Jodi said "sustained " yesterday? I somehow missed that little gem....tyia

I have no idea on what is legal in reference to witnesses fraternizing with the DT. ALV has presented herself to be UN-biased in this case and I would have to say that she is not being truthful about that. I do believe that the jury sees though her just as most of us here do.

She's their witness. While it doesn't thrill me to see the picture of them all hanging out, legally, there's nothing wrong with it.

I am on a smartphone using tapatalk so I cannot see that. But if you post or on the threads.. it would help if you identified which picture was really large and blowing the margins, say whose it is that is blowing it or send a alert to a moderator they will remove it. sometimes they are extra special and resize it also!;)

Yep, and it doesn't help when people keep quoting the offending post! :)

According to Arizona's website here

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/JuryServices/GeneralInformation/faq.asp

it states..

"Will I be compensated for jury duty?
Yes. Jurors are compensated for mileage if they appear the first day but do not serve for a trial. Mileage is currently calculated round-trip from the center of your zip code to the court building. The current rate is 44.5 cents per mile. If selected to serve as a juror for a trial, you will receive $12 dollars for every day the trial lasts, plus mileage. Checks are sent out a week or two after your service has been completed."

So, while it's not $5 a day, unfortunately it's no where near $12 per hour, let alone $300 per hour. ALV is playing the Arias-card with Martinez by answering his questions in the most evasive, noncommittal, play-stupid-kinda-way possible. The only difference is ALV agenda is her paycheck. There is no other possible reason a DV "expert" (if she can even be called that after her testimony) could possibly make such assumption based on the facts provided.

From your link and this definitely qualifies as a long trial. So those that have lost wages they would normally make can be compensated imo.

Arizona lengthy trial fund (See Also FAQ below) provides for jury service reimbursement of lost income, up to $300/day. Completed application and documentation of lost income must be received and notarized by the Office of the Jury Commissioner within 30 days service. All application forms are available online or from your trial court staff.

Did anyone else notice this? At one point, Juan asked something like, "didn't Jodi have a pattern of jealousy?" ALV actually said, No. THEN followed up with, "but her JEALOUSY wasn't controlling!" Lol, what???

I'm surprised she didn't add, "And even if she were stalking him causing him to be fearful, fear leads men to be abusive as I pointed out the other day."

I am on a smartphone using tapatalk so I cannot see that. But if you post or on the threads.. it would help if you identified which picture was really large and blowing the margins, say whose it is that is blowing it or send a alert to a moderator they will remove it. sometimes they are extra special and resize it also!;)

Thanks. I just came on line and didn't know which pic was blowing the margins. I just saw that they were blown.:seeya:

Morning all.. I listened to live feed yesterday between and during appointments, and caught up last night...finished up this morning....Thank you David Lohr !
Can someone point me to where Jodi said "sustained " yesterday? I somehow missed that little gem....tyia

Scroll back a few pages. I think I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288