trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the board GiGi! I was a longtime lurker as well. Everyone is very welcoming here. Although my own input usually consists of something along the lines of "ALV is a poo poo head" I do enjoy reading all the spirited, intelligent debates and comments. :seeya:

We like reading that though! :D

Good Morning fellow WS!:seeya:

I can find the words to express just how great Juan is, he was simply Amazing yesterday, and he is not even finished yet. :great:

So looking forward to another day with the Juan! ! !

And maybe the second could be, "Ma'am, do you want to go ahead and get your attempted zinger sound bite out of the way now, or would you rather pick some random time later this morning like on past days?"

Although I would LOVE to see this, JM has more respect for the courtroom than that...

New here but enjoying reading all the posts.
It almost felt as though JM was sometimes handing ALV an olive branch at times but she wouldn't take it. She could have retained some credibility if she agreed that she hadn't seen some of the evidence or kept her testimony to broad strokes.
I think JM should ask her about character assasination and does she realise that this is what she has done to Travis. Just my 2 cents, now back to reading

Welcome Gigi and Boonedock...good posts!

:wagon:

My sincere hope is that, after an overnight "time out" in which to process the events of the day, the ExpertWitness has awakened with the scales falling from her eyes and a realization that she has been duped by the defendant and the defense team.

Surely she must admit to herself that she did not make her assessment based on The Big Picture, that she did not verify anything the defendant told her, that she read only materials supplied to her by the defense, taken out of context. Her assessment was flawed because of the sin of omission.

I suspect that JA presented herself to ALV as a bright, engaging young woman who was so appreciative of the interest that ALV was taking in her.

I suspect that ALV was charmed by the psychopath, duped by the defense team, and blinded by her domestic violence lenses.

I hope she feels thoroughly ashamed of herself.

While I agree that she should, I just don't see ALV ever admitting that she did anything wrong or is in anyway ashamed of her actions or thoughts.

I know a lot of people feel otherwise, but I have a real problem with referring to non physical abuse as domestic violence. Call it abuse, violence is something different.
The very reason I often call my abuse psychological with physical overtones. ;) I was never hit but had knives pulled on me; a gun held on me twice; fire set to my house; my car smashed into with his, while I was in mine; and plenty of destroyed furniture, punched walls, and broken down doors. But I wasn't ever physically stricken so some might not equate physical abuse - it was for me incredibly violent and terrifying. One glare from my abuser could have my stomach in knots, my mouth dry, me shaking and near tears because the implication and veiled threat was abundantly clear.

I'm happy to say though abuse is abuse and all abuse is detrimental to the person on the receiving end of it - and all those they love.

The thing of it is, at its heart, abuse is about control and maintaining control often necessitates an escalation of violence - the goal for me, I guess, is making people aware of what psychological abuse looks like before it gets to the violent end of the spectrum - which can very often not be until years, and sometimes even decades, after the beginning of the relationship.

I'm quite comfortable calling her Arias, because each time I do I think of how close her name is to a more suitable description :butthead:

:floorlaugh:

I laughed so hard, coffee came out of my nose lol:floorlaugh:

This is what I kept screaming at my TV yesterday:

"He didn't say she wasn't honest WHEN she was fourteen!

"He said she hasn't been honest SINCE she was fourteen!"

Big difference!

:seeya: I am ... and I do the same thing: hit refresh, and it's not "thanked" so I have to hit "thanks" again ... and sometimes that doesn't work ...

I am also having trouble with the "More Smileys" ... and I luv those "smileys" ... :waitasec: It's a good thing I have some of the "codes" "memorized" for the smileys ... lol !

:seeya:

I had that problem too. Clearing my cookies seemed to fix it.

The 'time out' insult was the camel's straw, no question. However, there was one other huge (imo) gaffe. When she and Juan were sparring over JA's 'need to feel normal' when she visited Ryan Burns hours after slaughtering Travis, ALV grinned and said: "If it had been me, I would have tried to feel normal, too....after such an event." I literally fell out of my chair!

And ALV can't even CONCEIVE the thought that maybe Jodi was trying to appear "normal" as part of her alibi because she knew she murdered Travis in cold blood. That same cold blood is what let her go make out with the next guy within hours.

JA thinks her IQ is equal to Einstein :what: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is what I kept screaming at my TV yesterday:

"He didn't say she wasn't honest WHEN she was fourteen!

"He said she hasn't been honest SINCE she was fourteen!"

Big difference!

If you noticed, Juan got that in.

:seeya: I am ... and I do the same thing: hit refresh, and it's not "thanked" so I have to hit "thanks" again ... and sometimes that doesn't work ...

I am also having trouble with the "More Smileys" ... and I luv those "smileys" ...

:waitasec: It's a good thing I have some of the "codes" "memorized" for the smileys ... lol !

:seeya:

Someone needs to make little Juan emoticons!

I'm still engaged in extended research, but I'll let you know.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I actually believed ALV when she testified that she isn't an expert in orgasms. :facepalm:

Oh!

One of my favorite Juan moments yesterday was when he stated in court, on record, in front of ALV, that he was in the process of trying to IMPEACH her.

Ahhhh, what a guy!

Answer the clue phone, ALV...you best be on your best behavior :fence:
(but notice she still was snippy and condescending and vague in the afternoon, so obviously she's not that bright. IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288