trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critical mistakes by the DT:
Putting JA on the stand.
Putting Samuels on the stand.
Putting LaViolette on the stand.
Not pleading for LWOP.

And don't forget the sex tape. Hard to listen to that and then buy in to her saint Jodi persona who only did those sex acts to please and placate TA.

Let's see...

Einstein: Nobel Peace Prize winner, developer of the theory of relativity and mass-energy equivalence formula (E = mc2), Time magazine's Person of the Century (beating out Ghandi and Roosevelt), numerous other awards received and named after him, etc.

Arias: Journeyman waitress who drifted from job to job, leached off people for money, housing, etc., slaughtered ex-boyfriend in cold blood, delusional sociopath who will be put to death.

I'd say its a damn close race between these two individuals in the grand scheme of things. Besides their IQs, they certainly have lead parallel lives.

Slight edge to Einstein because he had better hair.

Einstein: Couldn't tie his own shoelaces. (So the story goes.)

Arias: Couldn't keep her panties on.

I took a screen shot of the continuum that JM put up on the screen at the end of the day. I am assuming that JM is going to go point by point the items he listed under Terrorism. We should hear about the dog incident by the looks of the continuum.
33ju5aw.jpg
[/IMG]

oh boy! let's see.......she'll redo her entire direct, just to make sure the jury heard it the first time. then she'll try to scoop the poop that ALV left on cross. and she'll spend WAY too much time doing it.

:facepalm:

I am surprised she has never subconsciously objected to her own line of questioning. She does it so frequently when Juan is up its almost developed into a nervous tic. Objection irrelevant argumentative misstates testimony no foundation compound question....etc.

I'm not sure that they would have relevance, since they were written after Travis died. ALV role was to evaluate the relationship to determine whether or not it qualified as DV. IMO, dates after Travis's murder would be outside of the scope of her engagement.

Might be better to leave this to his own expert?

it seems relevant to me because it shows that not everything in JA's journal can be taken as true. i HOPE he can use it. don't care when as long as it gets in.

I mentioned this previously and realized that it's not just my computer :) When I started having to refresh constantly yesterday, I just read posts but didn't acknowledge them :( As for smileys, I've memorized the typed format for the ones that I use frequently ;)

So you have no problems with your memory :floorlaugh::seeya:

lastnight watching HLN after dark the question came up.. Why have sex with him ... Then kill him? (They were saying it makes no sense)

The answer is, she wanted to make SURE she was his last.. That he had sex (in her mind made LOVE to her) last.. It is important to a SICK mind like Jodi's... "I will be your last" ...

Someone here (can't remember who) commented once that if she knew he had gone to his bishop and was endeavoring to make things right with his faith, that by having sex with him right before killing him she was ensuring he went to hell (or something like that) according to his beliefs.

That would be something she could torment him with further as she was killing him.

Is it just me, or did anyone else catch AVL'S response to JM yesterday when he started questioning her about Bobby Juarez...and the fact that JA couldn't let go of him i.e., leaving groceries on his front door step, etc. ALV testified that she didn't know who Bobby was and knew nothing about JA's relationship with him. Evidentally, she never watched JA's testimony during the trial. There was quite a bit of time devoted to BObby. Since JA allegedly only had 4 boyfriends....I find it astounding that ALV knew nothing about the person JA ran away from home to be with when she was 17. Do I have this right, or was I dreaming it all up last night, lol!

While Martinez did use the word "afflicted" first, ALV was the one who compared the afflicted jealousy with the other form of jealousy. Martinez didn't give her two separate options as to what context to use it in, so in this situation ALV would need to explain what she meant between the two forms of jealousy, one being "afflicted". I personally think she was just trying to be difficult and not answer the question, because she herself didn't even know what her comparisons meant, if there is even a difference at all.

How can anyone and I mean anyone deny her jealousy?:denied:

I think ALV put her foot in her mouth yesterday. She refused to say JA was ever jealous, but admitted her past actions showed a pattern of having trouble accepting and moving on from ended relationships.

I just walked in from cutting grass and on HLN they played the part where ALV says "I don't know where your going with this?) to Juan during questioning, Why does she care where he is going, she is just a witness, right? no vested interest right?

Was this morning or afternoon session? I am watching in pieces before I head out to start my day.

TIA

K

Eeek, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure. I "think" the morning, because I really thought/assumed she'd come back with a new attitude. Sigh. Silly me.

is there court tomorrow? i know she added friday morning.

Yes, but do to a scheduling conflict with one of the jurors, it will start at 10:30am Phoenix MST, instead of 9:30am.

Did y'all see the photo of ALV, JW, and the Mit Spec at a restaurant on the State v. Arias Facebook page? Anybody know if that was during lunch or after court yesterday?

This one's cute - it's called Hero :hero:

Your post made me think of something.

You notice how we all use emoticons and smilies and internet slang like LOL and IMO all day long?

Somebody should point out to ALV that these things all came about because it is so easy to misunderstand what someone is saying in emails and texts.

JMO :floorlaugh:

I live in Paducah, Kentucky. We're getting ready down here for the Dogwood Festival.:fence::fence::fence:

Pike County here. We're getting ready for Hillbilly days. I never attend though, too crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82