trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I felt de-based but I liked it :giggle:

LMK when you are working in the Purple Plum and I will come tell you that the margin is cheating on you. I hate to tell you this, but everyone on here has margins. :)

Are they all back in chambers now? Does anyone know? I just have the seal still.

The other bad thing about the pic for JA, it appears the person is standing rather than squatting on their knees, which is what JA said during testimony. This pic may actually be good for the State's case, I'm cool with it coming in. It's obvious the arm angles drawn in are hinky, the person is standing, you cannot make out anything, let alone if their is a knife in a hand, in a pocket, where the gun is, etc. This is not a show stopper at all, it just proves a camera flashed when the picture was taken, in case anyone familiar with any kind of camera has a question about that....

BBM - Re: odd arm angles and jumping off your post ...

JA was taking photos of TA in the shower and she was just a couple of feet away from him.

If her right hand was holding the camera and her dominate left hand was holding the gun/knife, she may not have wanted to fully extend her arm with weapon making it easily reachable to TA so she may have bent her arm keeping the weapon closer to herself. And, since TA was seated on the floor of the shower stall, and it appears JA may have been standing, the possible image in TA's eye makes JA's elbows falsely appear higher than her shoulders. JMO

I was curious if there was a thread or discussion already about movie references and similarities in JA's testimony or other interviews she did.

For ex. Bobby Juarez and The Lost Boys, Psycho, etc.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. Noob here!

Using this link you can scroll down and see all the different discussions on this case :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=513"]Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Jury was instructed to report unless otherwise notified. I wonder if they are in court. Anyone know? KCL should be there by now.

Doesn't a gun flash when the bullet is expelled? Maybe she took a photo at the exact time the gun was discharged causing two flashes. The flashes would match the position of the gun verses the camera This would prove it was not self defense.

I still don't understand why they could not have had these hearings next Monday. There is no trial, because of a juror. Why waste the jury's time today, instead of waiting a week when they won't be there. Makes no sense to me.

I need to access my continuum of house hold chores.... Brb

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he just made up the drawing of the legs. There is nothing there! imo

IMHO, I hope he DIDN'T make up the drawing of the legs, because that proves that JA lied when she testified that she was squatting/kneeling down in front of Travis taking those final pics - because the legs outline would show that she is STANDING.

And also IMHO, I think that the outline actually shows that JA was holding the camera against her body with her right hand, probably trying to blind Travis with the flash in his eyes, but her right arm is raised too high (according to the outline) to be holding the camera. My guess is the knife is in her left hand, and is raised to strike.

We're waiting for we don't know what which will start at we don't know when....

I can't see him giving up on the mistrial requests until she is sentenced! That, after all, is her only hope. It may be annoying, but he is zealously defending his client, whether he likes her or not.
I think this trial needs to get over with and I think they never should have televised it. jmo and all that jazz! :seeya:

At one time I thought it shouldn't be televised, but then I got to thinking about how many times so-called experts have given wrong testimony and haven't had to answer for it because maybe an overworked prosecutor may not have all the information at hand. If they are up there for the money or have an agenda and give wrong testimony, they need to have to live with the consequences of being publicly exposed. How many times has someone innocent been found guilty, or someone guilty gotten off because of wrong testimony? I think it will make a lot of them think twice about giving biased testimony and will bring more truthfulness.

O/T but....2 more devices discovered, being dismantled

Bomb Squad & DOD called to JFK Library (Boston)

and on a personal note, DMORT region 1 & 2 teams put on alert.

GOT PRAYERS?...... USE THEM AS A PROPHYLACTIC

I really want to know why Alyce is in a sealed court proceeding, and given Judge's remarks, and Juans, about what went on in an in -chambers session last week, I think Alyce may be in some serious trouble with the court. The judge indicated in her remarks "this is a priority" when Alyce was trying to dodge being back in court on Mon and Tues. I think the manifest, recent journals taken from the jail, Alyce touching Jodi-why did Juan ask that -, are all related. Then the comment from the judge herself as to the effect of "she should be concerned". Something big is brewing.

We will never know. It's sealed for a reason. We can all speculate until the cows come home, but we will never know for sure.

Unless Alyce or JA tweets it later.

one note O/T.

looks like the person who killed the D.A. in TX and his wife, as well as the prosecutor who was gunned down is a guy who was a judge in JP court and was stripped of that, and was disbarred. held on $3 million bond.
no aryan brotherhood. no mexican drug cartel. essentially a 'disgruntled former employee' case after all.

Yep....I live here in Kaufman, Co. Never, ever believed it was a cartel or brotherhood.

BBM - Re: odd arm angles and jumping off your post ...

JA was taking photos of TA in the shower and she was just a couple of feet away from him.

If her right hand was holding the camera and her dominate left hand was holding the gun/knife, she may not have wanted to fully extend her arm with weapon making it easily reachable to TA so she may have bent her arm keeping the weapon closer to herself. And, since TA was seated on the floor of the shower stall, and it appears JA may have been standing, the possible image in TA's eye makes JA's elbows falsely appear higher than her shoulders. JMO

It's highly unlikely that Jodi was holding a gun or knife while that photograph was taken. It's silly. At some point in between those photos she pulled out a gun, likely after putting away the camera.

IMHO, I hope he DIDN'T make up the drawing of the legs, because that proves that JA lied when she testified that she was squatting/kneeling down in front of Travis taking those final pics - because the legs outline would show that she is STANDING.

And also IMHO, I think that the outline actually shows that JA was holding the camera against her body with her right hand, probably trying to blind Travis with the flash in his eyes, but her right arm is raised too high (according to the outline) to be holding the camera. My guess is the knife is in her left hand, and is raised to strike.

How many times does it have to be pointed out that one lie (um, or a 100) does not make JA a liar?

:what:

:floorlaugh:

When court recessed for lunch, I went into the kitchen, turned on the TV, and learned about the explosions in Boston. I'll be watching/listening to the continuous coverage (I have NBC on) but will check this thread for your comments about what is going on in court. Thanks!

I really want to know why Alyce is in a sealed court proceeding, and given Judge's remarks, and Juans, about what went on in an in -chambers session last week, I think Alyce may be in some serious trouble with the court. The judge indicated in her remarks "this is a priority" when Alyce was trying to dodge being back in court on Mon and Tues. I think the manifest, recent journals taken from the jail, Alyce touching Jodi-why did Juan ask that -, are all related. Then the comment from the judge herself as to the effect of "she should be concerned". Something big is brewing.

Agreed. I would love to be a fly on the wall for these in chambers meetings. Unfortunately we will probably never hear what they are all about. Darnit.

As of now, court is fashionably 7 minutes late in beginning. :banghead:

I wonder if Alyce was a show or a no-show for the in chambers meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44