trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Status
Not open for further replies.
The six criteria from the 2009 edition appear to be:

Intrusive recollections of the trauma event(s)
Hyperarousal and high levels of anxiety
Avoidance behavior and emotional numbing (usually expressed as depression, dissociation, minimization, repression, and denial)
Disrupted interpersonal relationships from Batterer's power and control measures
Body image distortion and/or somatic or physical complaints
Sexual intimacy issues

Anyone care to find the list of criteria from the 1st edition?

That I can find there WASN'T list of criteria in the 1st edition. I've found a review that says that the 2nd edition in 1992 "revised the definition to be synonymous with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)". The review goes on to state that in the 3rd edition "Walker again revised the definition of BWS in 2006 to include not only the three symptom clusters of PTSD (re-experiencing, numbing of responsiveness, hyperarousal), but also three additional criteria". So 1st edition had no criteria, 2nd edition had the 1st 3 associated with PTSD, and the 3rd edition added the last 3 from what I've found.

During the lunch recess, I hope you'll enjoy this familiar song from A Chorus Line with modifications by me :)

A Chorus Line (Final/One) - YouTube

(Juan) singular sensation, every little step (he) takes
(Juan) thrilling combination, every move that (he) makes
(Juan) smile and suddenly nobody else will do
You know you'll never be lonely with you know who.

(Juan) moment in (his) presence, and you can forget the rest
For the (guy) is second best to none, son
Oooh! Sigh! Give (him) your attention
Do I really have to mention (he's) the (Juan).

(He) walks into a room and you know (he's)
uncommonly rare, very unique,
peritpatetic, poetic, and chic
(He) walks into a room and you know from (his)
maddening poise, effortless whirl
(He's) a special guy, strolling

Can't help all of (his) qualities extolling
Loaded with charisma
Jauntily, sauntering, ambling, shambler
(Juan) and you know you must
Shuffle along, join the parade
(He's) the quintessential of making the grade
This is whatcha call trav'ling.

Oh, strut your stuff!
Can't get enough!
Ooh! Sigh. Give (him) your attention
Do I really have to mention
He's the (Juan)!

LOL Ohhhhh one of my faves. Saw it at "The Fox" in Detroit years ago when the original cast regrouped. I know every word from every song. Does that make me a genius :great::seeya:

One can be very intelligent and still unable to play chess, which requires strategic thinking... about 6 steps ahead.

Jodi only thought/pre-meditated this crime out as far as leaving no trace of herself in AZ at the time of the murder. She went to great lengths to delay the discovery of his body. She did not factor into her planning the photographs or (after unwittingly NOT erasing them) their discovery. Her mistake was relying on the police's inability to find evidence to prove she was ever in AZ, Mesa, Travis' home, or his bloody bathroom.

I'm still having a hard time believing Jodi is above average. It's shocking to me for someone that can't keep her lies straight. Casey was sooooo much smarter.

What's JW got left to cover apart from fight or flight and the hippocampus? I'm sure over lunch they'll be making sure all JD's answers have been calculated properly!

if i thought she knew how badly this was going, i'd feel sorry for her too. but i DON'T think she knows. if she did, surely she'd hit her highlights and sit down. this is just painful and she keeps going and going and going. she's just DETERMINED to catch her on something and it's not going to happen.

She's knows. When you're a defense attorney and with a case like this...ya know going in. A great day for the defense are small things like that stipulation on the eyeball pic. That's huge for them...considering what they're working with. They know it.

While I don't think that JW has done much damage to this witness, Juan will clean up nicely when he has Dr. DeMarte on the stand for re-direct. :great:

I can't imagine what he could clean up since Dr. DeMarte is doing a fine job of clarifying and correcting Ms. Wilmott herself.

I would love it if Juan had nothing futher for her after Wilmott is done. It would just highlight how ridiculous her cross was. Or if anything maybe he can finish with some nice snark directed at JW.

I am looking forward to the jury questions.. I don't think they will be at all snarky but will gt Dr. D to expand further on some of her conclusions. And I don't think DT will like the questions at all. MOO, of course

SC, have you heard any reports as to whether the jury has submitted questions today? Based on my info (KCL) I don't believe they submitted any yesterday. TIA

The six criteria from the 2009 edition appear to be:

Intrusive recollections of the trauma event(s)
Hyperarousal and high levels of anxiety
Avoidance behavior and emotional numbing (usually expressed as depression, dissociation, minimization, repression, and denial)
Disrupted interpersonal relationships from Batterer's power and control measures
Body image distortion and/or somatic or physical complaints
Sexual intimacy issues

Anyone care to find the list of criteria from the 1st edition?

There aren't any in the first edition, just like DD said. JW was WRONG!!!

I just re-watched the end of today's morning session -- and Jodi did NOT stand up when the jury filed out the courtroom for lunch !

WTH ?

Anyway ... her mit spec lady walked over to her and started talking to her, and Jodi was still sitting down ...

Unfortunately, the camera went off ...

Any thoughts ?

:moo:

feigning illness again??????????????

JW, early lunch Maybe needs to go and do some research re: TSI-1 versus TSI-2 updated version.
I wonder if JW has an advisor for her questions and answers.
I'm thinking no, she's on her own. And it shows.

That I can find there WASN'T list of criteria in the 1st edition. I've found a review that says that the 2nd edition in 1992 "revised the definition to be synonymous with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)". The review goes on to state that in the 3rd edition "Walker again revised the definition of BWS in 2006 to include not only the three symptom clusters of PTSD (re-experiencing, numbing of responsiveness, hyperarousal), but also three additional criteria". So 1st edition had no criteria, 2nd edition had the 1st 3 associated with PTSD, and the 3rd edition added the last 3 from what I've found.

Looks like Willmont relied on her "domestic violence expert" ALV for that tid bit...roflmao!

I coulda told her that was a mistake!

What's JW got left to cover apart from fight or flight and the hippocampus? I'm sure over lunch they'll be making sure all JD's answers have been calculated properly!

if nurmi is any kind of pal at all, he needs to tell her to wrap it up. make whatever major points she needs to make, keep it short and sit down. seriously, she HAS to be done soon, right?

Not unless you want a good laugh. JW tried to "get" JD on copyright infringement for showing test questions to JM!:floorlaugh:

That was so silly of JW, it was embarrassing. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member