trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #151

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's not the judge's role to object, it's the opposing attorney's role, and why on earth would Juan object to this?

Wilmott gives the appearance of the tazmanian devil (the Warner Bros. version), spinning like a top around the witness, unable to do as much as ruffle DeMarte's hair in the effort. DeMarte simply looks at her with zero emotion on her face, albeit sometimes DeMarte has a mildly bemused look.

I think JD is using her training in dealing with verifiable mental patients to keep calm in face of JW's frantic jumpiness. She does not flinch when she's attacked, just responds calmly, matter of fact-ly. She's like Bionic Super Witness, created in a lab.

He objects when he actually needs to, when it's a significant issue. I think it's actually better to hold off on the objections when possible when you have a witness as capable as DeMarte is of handling it on her own. Much more effective for her to shut JW down than for JM to do it through objection.
No reason for Juan to change strategies now. Worked beautifully with Jodi, Dick and Alyce.

IT'S THE DT AND THEY DON'T WANT THIS TO GET INTO THE HANDS OF THE JURORS TILL HELL FREEZES OVER. I WANT TO SLAP JW AND JA:banghead:

I have a strong suspicion that JA is so vengeful, she is causing a lot of the delays purposely. In her mind it's getting even with the tax payers costing AZ more money every time she and the DT pulls a stunt as we've seen. She is so delighting in getting even, as the same attitude with killing TA. She makes people miserable and makes them pay. :woohoo:

I don't want to marry her, but id love to be friends with her. She reminds me of one of my best friends and the kind of person Id hang around.

I know, right?...Heck I would pay a session fee once in a while just to discuss "life stuff" with her...

Has anyone else noticed Dr D carries her water with her to the toilet? Or maybe she's going to the 'victim's room' as I think it's called.

She probably thinks someone, who will remain nameless, may put a little something in her cup. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I put nothing past JA and her minions. blah!

What a thing to say, JW, "....after she had to kill Mr. Alexander. Wow, JW, scoring points with the jury, I'm sure.

Is Willmott having a nervous breakdown or something? She's asking nonsensical questions, repeating the same questions over and over and she is so breathless, loud and shrill. I'm glad I don't have to sit in that courtroom because it is just so unpleasant.

i think jw is getting more and more frustrated because dd is no pushover. dd stands firm in her knowledge and jw can't shake her. :moo:

The voice, the questions, the forced "RIGHT" not right?
yawning again...will the princess be sick after break?

Jeffrey E. Jones Jr. ‏@DarkestKnight79 30s

The main difference between Juan and Wilmont is Juan attacked the Expert methods and subjectivity. Don't know what she's doing. #jodiarias

--

I love this. Juan attacked the comments, JW goes after the person and for no reason!

--
Trial Watcher 805 ‏@SoCalTrial 23s

I'm wondering when Wilma will start to get a migraine of her own...? #HurricaneJuan surely is causing some pressure changes! #jodiarias

i have to admit i felt a bit sorry for jodi when Dr. D was on direct, but thanks to the defense team i am back to my old self and have no pity on her.

amazing how a dt can manage to make their own witness look worse than the prosecution lol.

so the talking heads say that Juan is too aggressive so what in the hello will they call wilmott's approach???

3rjq.jpg

If JW thinks that repeatedly using phrases like 'she had to kill him"...and "she had to shoot him" is going to endear her to the jury, she better think again. In her Opening Statement she had the audacity to say JA "was FORCED to kill Travis Alexander". I wonder if she (JW) even realizes what she is saying, or how she would feel if it was Her brother who was brutally murdered by this evil client of hers! She knows there was no self-defense or battered woman. How does she sleep at night???

Why, yes we do say that often..We also know that saying has multiple meanings and if you are a southerner you never have to guess which meaning it's attached to....;)

As in 'JW' is just a total train wreck today, bless her heart!

I totally understand what you are saying and I respect your opinions. We can see this example with politicians as well. People get so worked up about "their guy" and then you see the "adversaries" dining together or playing golf, whatever....

But I think, you know, lawyers are human too and they have feelings of envy and anger, etc. And Wilmott seems extra screechy and mean-girlish since cross of DDM began. She doesn't come across as "impersonal, just doing my job, getting my digs in where I can, and then I'm gonna move on".

When I hear your descriptions I picture Mr. M and Dr. DeMarte.

What I see from Mrs. Wilmott is a lot of very vocal scoffing, stamping her feet, and rolling her eyes. It's just so childish. I've never seen an attorney act this way. I've seen grand-standing. Jose Baez showed me a lot of things I had never seen, but Wilmott goes beyond the pale of what I have experienced.

Also I know she has to show solidarity with her client. But the giggling, hair stroking, and general intimacy between Wimott and Arias just seems beyond professional boundaries.

Just MHOO. :D

They whole dynamic is very immature. I feel like Wilmott and Arias have sat around and gossiped about the new girl in court and now they are being mean to her. Jodi with constantly ignoring/dismissing Dr. D and Wilmott with the unprofessional immature behavior.

JD: Can I see the document to refresh? I don't want to give any information that would be misleading.

JW: You don't want to be misleading?

JD: Correct.

JW: Because you don't want to give any information to us that would be misleading?

JD:..Correct.

JW: Because the last thing you want to do is add anything that would be misleading.

JD:......Correct.

hahah. I'm almost embarrased for JW....almost but not!

Reminded me of the scene from Legally Blonde when Elle starts stumbling over herself:

Elle: Miss Windham did you hear a shot fired?
MsW: no, I was in the shower
E: So sometime in the 20 minutes that you were in the shower, your father was shot
MsW: I guess
E: Your father was shot while you were in the shower...but you didn't hear the shot because...um...because you were in the shower?

LOL!!!

I motion for a 5 minute dance break!

[video=youtube;CH1XGdu-hzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1XGdu-hzQ[/video]

DD being honest about Travis's words not being nice. ALV could never admit to something in regards to JA.

As someone who had a year and a half relationship with a bona fide Borderline Personality (forensically diagnosed after the fact by a therapist) I will share this little bit of relationship goodness.

Like a proper borderline I existed in two states to her: Hero and Villian. When I was a villian, which could happen at a moments notice, I became responsible for all her troubles, even ones that predated me. In this state she was incredibly vindictive. Remember, I didn't know she was BPD at the time and, confirmation bias aside, her behavior only makes sense within the frameword of BPD. Anyway, when she was feeling particularly slighted she would expend all necessary energy to provoke me. There was a learning curve to learning not to be suckered in by this, which was hard because she, in keeping with her diagnosis, knew what buttons to press.

One thing I refuse to do in a relationship is have "relationship critical" conversations via text message. She's one of the reasons for that. Eventually some of my exasperated texts came to a person of authority who, to their credit, recognized she was nuts. Part of their questioning what a terrible, horrible person I was was recognition that my "abusive" texts existed in isolation. She never provided the texts leading up to them, which is a great big red flag.

If you want to know how the story ends, I eventually became afraid of her vindictiveness and her knack for revenge by proxy and, after some false starts in the "I will just be your supportive acquaintance" department, I completely and utterly cut off all contact with her. Sue me, she was inteligent, charming, engaging, looked like an updated Katherine Hepburn and was bat-poo crazy.

That Wilmott is attempting to make a case that Travis was abusive, even if he used "unhealthy" language, by isolating his text that were reactions to Jodi's Borderline behavior, intrusiveness, vindictiveness and just plain crazy shows what a sac de scum Wilmott is.

Seriously, it makes you want to hand a date the MMPI and have her fill it out before the salad comes.

Dr.JD seems to have a lot of (good) things to say for the Prosecution side, which JM didn't tap into. I recall he even cut her off when she tried to clarify something. I'd like to hear more from her.

If you have noticed that JM hasn't objected more than 3 times--he's allowing JW enough rope to hang herself. He's going to redirect the witness to basically erase everything JW's tried to bring out.

I really hope he brings up Willmott's huge gaffe yesterday when she misspoke about Lenore Walker even as she hammered Dr. D about the author. What an embarrassment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288