trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arias trial: Death threat made against defense attorney

By Michael KieferThe Republic | azcentral.comWed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 AM

In the court of public opinion, the penalties of defending Jodi Arias or testifying in her behalf are threats against your career or even your life.

A Maricopa County chief deputy sheriff said the Sheriff’s Office looked into two matters regarding Arias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott and confirmed that at least one of them was a death threat made from out of state.

“It was not even credible,” said Deputy Chief Jack MacIntyre, and he said that Willmott did not want to aid in prosecution, so there would be no ongoing investigation.

But a transcript of another voice mail to Willmott, which was obtained by The Arizona Republic, said, “You don’t have to return my call, but I’m just telling you: If Jodi, if you get her off of the death penalty, we will find you, we know where you’re at, we will kill you. I told Alyce the same thing, and we’re tired, and we’re sick and tired of you defending this person, and we will get you.”

Read more:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-against-defense-attorney.html?nclick_check=1

I don't really care, to tell you the truth. Only because Juan Martinez gets credible death threats. It's their business-capital murder death penalty cases draw world-wide attention in some cases. Crazy people are always going to make crazy threats. I'm sure it's not JW's first death threat--she works capital cases. And defending child molesters, Nurmi must get tons of them.

I don't agree with them--but it's not unusual & I'm sick of Michael Keifer and his sour attitude towards the prosecution in the Arias case. He also lies and stretches the truth.

Maybe we now know why his articles are so nice to the defense--he seems to have an inside line to Willmott. Friends, perhaps?

Her original story was to save money by buying gas outside of California (in the cans), the rental car was because her car was a gas hog, and being in the desert for the cans.

If you noticed when JM showed her the bank statement with the three purchases of gas in SLC - the rental car amount was up there as well at $233.00. First thing I asked myself is if one wanted to save money on a trip, what would be cheaper, using my own car, thus saving the $233.00 charge which could be put forth to pay for the gas for the whole trip or renting a car and still having to pay for maybe a bit less gas ?

But that IQ of 119 couldn't figure that out...nor could it figure out 2800 miles on a rental car would not equate to the trip she said she took. Must have failed the math part of that test.

I think the reason she took the rental is because her car could not make it to AZ and back out without more than 3 gas cans. She chose a smaller car better gas mileage to get her in and out without stopping. Jodi had this all figured out and now that we know she has a 119 IQ it makes sense she would do that calculation had she planned to go through AZ undetected. jmo

Sigh..HLN is incorrect again. Do they inflate everything just for ratings?

A gallon of gas weighs 6.2 pounds and five times that is......what HLN? it's thirty one pounds not fifty.

I refuse to let my computer be dirtied by going to that site, but I heard they also think either Travis slit his own throat!!!!!!!!!! lol.......or that Travis begged JA to do it, and she just did it because she has a heart the size of TX.

I get more laughs from my friend who goes to this site than I do from comedy club. They are lowlife potty mouths.
It makes me doubly appreciative that our mods here refuse to allow peeps to make themselves look like hillbilly, tobacco spitting, toothless morons. That site is full of that carp. And it sounds like it must be hilarious there.

A few of the regulars there have me feeling some sympathy for them. Some of them were truly battered and abused by their partners, so they have given this killer the benefit of the doubt. Too bad they cannot see how worthless Jodi is of their compassion. A few do make good points, that often abusers are hidden from view, and the abused do not tell anyone.

But this particular case is not one of those. The abuser here was jodi, and they refuse to accept that for some strange reason.

The trial will start around 1:30pm-ish AZ Time. That's 4:30pm-ish EDT.

This was announced by the judge yesterday afternoon. It was always supposed to start today at 1:30pm AZ time.

Good thing I shaved my legs last night...
Everyone do your warn-ups..
we don't want juanettes with pulled ligaments wilting all over the thread today.

A bikini wax might be a good idea, too, given that many dance costumes are rather skimpy ;)

I'll give an explanation a try.
She needed all THREE gas cans to make it to AZ and back with ZERO stops at gas stations. She wanted to avoid any trace whatsoever she had been in AZ. She DID keep receipts of her other gas stops - two reasons.
1) To prove she did go to Ryans for an alibi.
2) She was saving the receipts to claim on her taxes as a business expense
3) She filled on the way home from Ryans to make it seem as though she always did that - it had nothing to do with trying to hide her trip to AZ!! LOL
4) BUT SHE DESTROYED THE THIRD GAS RECIEPT and kept only TWO.

She did this to hide the fact that she had THEEE gas cans - remember she needed all THREE to make it to AZ and back without stopping at a station.

She may have gotten away with this lie if Juan hadn't seen the third transaction on her bank statement - then went on to prove it was a purchase of GAS, and that she would have needed THREE cans to hold that much gas.

Thanks for laying out all the gas & gas can fills JusticeJunkie. So many lies from JA ... Hard to keep track of all the details after this many months of trial.
Your post very helpful!

Wow, that's pretty effed up behavior that gains the caller only the chance t spend some time in the big house themselves. Not cool.

If it really happened. I'm thinking false flag.

OMG..
Husband fell thru an attic floor and landed on his face. On my way to er in Chlt..ugh..bad memories..please pray for Dale, Jean too..

...and on a trial day!!! lol
Please keep us posted. Sending prayers your way.

O/t mike on hln says kn name to my allery swollen ears sounds like Burt & Ernie. Lol
closed captioning enabled today.

I thought that when I heard his name said out loud in court when I first started following this trial but thought it was just my goofy brain waves. Bert and Ernie.It sounds like it when his name is said a certain way. Glad to know I am not entirely losing my mind.:floorlaugh:

am i the only one that is getting anxious and impatient waiting for today to begin? its 8.50pm here and its been a day thats dragged in :sigh:

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I honestly did not know what they were meant for and although I tried looking through the threads here I got lost. I think I get the gist of what you are saying now and I definitely don't want the gory details, thanks.

You can always use Google to find things. Websleuths is not the only place to look.

JMO

A gallon of gas weighs 6.2 pounds and five times that is......what HLN? it's thirty one pounds not fifty.

Another bunch of Einsteins! Lol

They don't score well on the Math portion of an IQ test :floorlaugh:

I am so looking forward to the day the jury tells Jodi Arias that they see her as Juan Martinez has presented: a jealous murderous monster. They will then be hated in her eyes--she won't stand up and lick her lips and smile and stare at them. She will glare at them. And it will make me laugh!

Poor Jodi--she still needs them to sentence her to life and not death. But she'll be so consumed by hate, will she be able to beg for her worthless life?

It will be so satisfying to behold.

Kaydano, hello fellow hoosier. Could you post the link to the video you were talking about?
Thanks
Terri in Tipton

Watching a recap of Jodi saying that Deanna was emotionally unstable. I can't help but think she showed what she is really like. Projecting her qualities on others. "So and so is a liar", "So and so is abusive". There is another word for this, I'm sure. Just can't think of what it is.
I took a Psychology class way back in college (1970). If I remember correctly the term is Projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member