trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaydono

kaydono Active Member

Someone with a legal background could prolly explain it far better than my jibberish could.

2. Angelina Frost

Angelina Frost Vigilante Justice League

She is bending over backwards for a death penalty case. Should a third "expert" be allowed to waste more time because JM eviscerated the first two? No.

Was there ever a doubt that the judge would give in to the defense? No. The good thing is that it won't matter. The second JM asks this guy about his connection to ALV and his previous sanctions, it's over.

All the defense is trying to do (imo) is save the meaningless, worthless, miserable, pathetic life of their client. It won't work. She's got a date with the needle.

3. Maryann123

Maryann123 New Member

I get what your saying. Earlier, when this was brought up, I skipped right over any reference to the Psycho movie and it being like this case. I saw no connection, other than the obvious. I don't believe a word that comes out of Jodi's mouth, but when she says Travis wanted................. I know immediately she means she wanted. Only reason in the world I give it a second thought.

4. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

One of the first things I think her name was Mimi (not sure) said when she walked into the garage downstairs is what is that smell. I have a cat that is 20 and lately she was peeing on the rug. I could tell instantly, and had to dig out the steam cleaner. I eventually cut the rug out and replaced it with wood. A dead body is a smell you can't miss especially in the middle of summer in Arizona, with air conditioning it gets in the ducts and you can't get it out, it makes it spread faster. The blood is especially bad. Just having a tooth pulled is a distinctive odor. Imagine the smell of all that blood Travis lost.

I don't know anyone who would mistake the smell of a perfume over the smell of a dead body. I have a saying that certain peoples perfume arrive 2 minutes before they do.

5. Mykeru

Mykeru Former Member

Thanks. I'm learning to juggle too.

It's never the Borderline's fault. My experience is that the borderline feels slighted, that every failure is something done to them. Justice, for them is to skip over conventional weapons and go nuclear.

So, think of the craziest, most vindictive thing you would do. The borderline would laugh and call you an amatuer.

My borderline was so vindictive that she made accusations that didn't hold water. The sort of things that didn't bear 5 minutes of analysis. And in that it was self-defeating, or would be if the borderline didn't interpret that defeat as something else done to them.

Dealing with a vindictive borderline is like dealing with a kamikaze: Even when they are riddled with bullets, on fire and in a dive, the only thing they are thinking of is how to fly right into your flight deck.

And how dare you make them do it.

Being vindictive -- crazy, transparent, self-destructive vindictiveness -- becomes an end in itself.

Yeah, they can be terrifying. And with their emotional instability, often more so than a calculating psychopath.

6. trudy

trudy New Member

Based on testimony the sex tape was located on the phone that JA say was stolen but later found by her aunt when she was cleaning her grandfather's car in 2010 or 2011. My opinion is that she told someone where to find the phone after she came up with the claim that she was abused and forced to participate in sex. It was not made clear which phone the photos came from.

7. Smelly Squirrel

Smelly Squirrel Has never crawled into a Pontiac Sunfire

A video of an event is not required as proof to state it as fact. It's a fact he took pictures of her. They were taken that day and had to be taken by another person. So, unless a roommate did it, Travis took those pictures. And the pictures show a KY bottle, which indicates at the very least an intent to have sex. He liked having sex with her and she liked having sex with him. Being naked in the same room together, odds are they had sex.

Sure, we can know, by using some logic. She was taking pictures for at least 8 minutes and it would be very unlikely for her to be holding a gun while also taking pictures one handed for that time. And there is nothing in any photo of Travis that shows he had a gun pointed at him. He turns his back to her a couple of times. And maybe most of all, it would serve no discernible purpose for her to be pointing a gun at him and having him pose for pictures, that she only deletes anyway. There is no plausible reason for her to do that.

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I just want to add that I think there's a juror on the panel that really can't put two plus two together. What the hay kind of question (at this point) was the question regarding whether or not T A 's roommates had guns? Someone still hasn't understood or digested that JA has admitted to killing TA! Hopefully all the weird questions are coming just from him/her and cross fingers they get eliminated prior to deliberations.

Yes, I do think there's one very confused juror there.

Moo

9. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

:rocker: I have, only once though. When I dyed my natural blonde hair to brown once. Oh the irony.

10. Wazzu

Wazzu New Member

I think the phone evidence today was a nice surprise and HUGE! MOO

It may or may not been so much about the hair color, although that could help, but more that Jodi again lied big-time to the jury.

When I posted a question about the Helio phone this afternoon, I was a little confused. It's because I had believed Jodi's testiphony about it (I may still be a little confused. lol).

IIRC, she said she had ruined her original phone by dropping it accidentally in a cup of liquid. Gus Searcy gave her this Helio, which had recording capabilities. She used it to make the phone sex recording. Then didn't she say this phone somehow disappeared? She acquired a new phone to take on her trip. However, we find out that she took self portraits with the Helio the day before the murder. The EXIF data on the photo proves the photos were taken that day by the Helio. So she actually had two phones on that trip. She have felt compelled to lie to the jury about the Helio because she had to maintain the lie she wrote in her journal entry. Perhaps on the stand, in her fog, she forgot about the self-portraits and the EXIF they might contain.

It's been apparent since she made the phone sex recording that she was going to use it in someway. All we know now is that she did bring it on her trip.

If the replacement phone was also a Helio, then I'm confused again. LOL

EDIT: I went back to wenwe4's trial notes from 2-19-13 [Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 7TH DAY #41 *may contain graphic and adult content*] http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8887575&postcount=709
    This is a portion of the testimony from JA for that day:

JA went back to her brother's house and took a nap - left Redding late morning -
    did yu have a gun or knife with you?
    no
    cell phone?
    yes
    this helio we have seen earlier?
    yes
    did you have a charger
    I did
    ---------
    So apparently she did replace the Helio with another one? If so, then the photos with the hair color would be the evidence JM was going for, not the other bombshell I was hoping for.

11. Smelly Squirrel

Smelly Squirrel Has never crawled into a Pontiac Sunfire

She "lost" the first Helio in mid-May. She got it replaced right away.

12. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

lol!

I am a 5th generation pinellas County person although I moved away when I went to college and then ended up moving to another state. as of this moment, I am in Pinellas County visiting family. folks here do not follow the trial like any of us here. They have a misconception after misconception unbelievably so about this trial... especially in my family!

I do hope the jury does not share the unbelievable things that I'm hearing from people. yes, they are getting the negative things but not the real story. I need to go back home. :(

that is, after two more days on the beach! :D:p

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

13. CourtsInSession

CourtsInSession "If lies were cats you'd be a litter"

14. ElleElle

BBM ~ :floorlaugh: Which phone do you speak of Nhic? Ugh, now i'm getting confused. So many darn phones, and not one was used to call 911. Sad.

15. BellaCouture

BellaCouture Caylee Marie gone too soon RIP lil Caylee...

Good points! But...as a judge I truly don't see her being fair and impartial...I'm not too worried regarding Arias getting the needle, it's just the fact that the judge is allowing another expert. Ridiculous!!! Time to wrap it up, and JSS doesn't seem to have much control over anything.

16. kaydono

kaydono Active Member

I was just thinking about something that kinda creeps me out. Basically, Jodi, even from jail, is stalking all of us that are online, as well as all the media nonsense... she is stalking by proxy, through this Donovan person. Creepy.

17. NewsHound22

NewsHound22 New Member

is it at all possible that Nurmi or Wilma would throw this big fat lie out there in the closing arguments? What would happen? the jury cant "unhear" something.

18. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

I think the problem is that this case has dragged out for so long and jurors can't remember half of the stuff they heard! Ridiculous!

19. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

No. At least this kind of evidence hasn't been presented. So far as I've seen, Maricopa is sorely lacking for phone, computer technological forensic expertise all round. As much as I liked mm and the guy on the stand today, they only seem to be able to run forensic software. Not much more. Thankfully, despite JA's "high" I Q, the DT is clueless and didn't figure out this Achilles Tendon in the five years they had.

moo

20. ElleElle

Good theory! :rocker:

The other reason might be her returning the ring too. And that could be a reason he was so pizzed at her. He found out it was stolen around the time she hauled her arse back to Yreka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.