trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I began watching this trial during the cross examination of JA. I was so impressed with the prosecutor passion to seek justice and his distain for anyone who would lie after taking an oath to tell the truth. Some voiced their opinion that he was “over the top”, but I think his methods were successful. I think the jury gets it and sees the lies of not only JA, but her 2 expert witness who manipulated text messages, emails, IMs and Travis's own blogs.

After hearing the lastest rumors coming from JA and her camp, I am totally disgusted. Why would any media outlet even report these unsubstantiated lies.

Thank god this trial is coming to an end. <modsnip>

Your a girl after my own heart with your comment. I got. Hooked on this trial watching her weird behavior on the 48 hour show she did.
The way she said why not! What would Travis do ! Meanwhile say cheese. As you ran her finger thru her hair like a miss America contestant. Weird she is:seeya:

Since it has no real importance to the State's case, I don't think it will come out at trial that those pics weren't taken that day. I believe that it will come out after the fact though.

I see two naked people and they're not interacting. I also see two different bottles of ky and a bed that hasn't been slept in. Oh and a guy that looks like he's just woken up being photographed from behind the lounge chair next to his bed. Oh and JA's hair is lighter in her "braids" pic than it was in the pics JM showed of her today. Just say in'

moo

The photos of Travis "sleeping" at 1:44:50 and "surprised" at 1:47:50? The last two in the series of eight are of Travis. Travis is not surprised in any of the photos since he's not in the bed in the ones taken of JA just minutes earlier.
There's only 50 seconds between the pic of Jodi's bottom at 1:44:00 and Travis reclining at 1:44:50
There was also testimony it is the same bottle of KY.

Can tanisha copyright anything to keep anyone from profiting! Don't throw anything at me please! I just am curious?

We do not want Nurmi to file one last mistrial motion .... due to websleuthers throwing things at one another causing a ruckus online, resulting in him becoming distracted from his diligent trial-work.

you have great insight and are also entertaining to boot.

I've often tried to imagine, never having been exposed to a BPD, what she would/could have done that day. I don't think anyone knows, obviously, but I think it's something I haven't imagined. I've wondered whether she was threatening to kill herself. Was she making a emotional threat or a physical one to start? I don't believe he knew she was coming nor let her in. I've never thought they had sex (but understand why the prosecution is content to let her be the killer who slept with her victim first-works for them and is simpler). I don't know when he even realized she was there. I've never thought he was "posing" for pictures that HE wanted of his toned bod.

But we really don't know what demented machinations she went through that day. And it doesn't matter. At the end of the day it is really a simple story and I think Juan will retell it beautifully in closing. I think, hope anyway, that the jury is as over Jodi as the rest of the world is. If I was a juror and had been subjected to, what, 18 days of this lying psycho holding me prisoner from the witness stand, I'd be battling to be first in line with a death sentence.

Thanks. You are very welcome.

I must agree. If I had to speculate, as I have done before, I would guess that she showed up in the wee hours of the morning and lay in wait, arriving in the house much later than she says. It's also possible that gained entry promising to return the ring she kited, although we know so little about, it's speculation on speculation. I just think any entry she made, assuming he had no idea she was on the way until she was already upon him, required some ruse.

The reason, and the only reason, people seem to think Travis Alexander was a willing participant in the terminal roll in the hay gets summed up with the mildly misandrist comment "Well...he was a guy".

No, you don't blow someone off after having the epiphany Travis Alexander did and then go for one last bumper car ride. If we are going to speculate we can speculate that Jodi Arias made him strip and signaled her intention to kill him literally divested of his temple garments he apparently wore as a good Mormon should. We can have no way of knowing if and how long she held him at gun or knife point, allowing her rage to slowly build. That itself is mere speculation, but considering events preceding, and the outcome, it seems more likely than Jodi's tale of one last sex romp.

Evening! New here, but have been perusing for a while. I noticed, as I'm sure you guys have long before me, that Jodi had blogged about an obsessive impulse not long before the killing. I wonder if she is now ultimately gratified? There's no filling that deep chasm of emptiness, IMO.

"I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment....Yet somehow, I don't believe that all of the wandering in the world will lead me to its attainment. Somehow, I know it's right here inside of me. This yearning I have is perhaps the yearning for it to explode into expression. To be fully expressed would be would mean ultimate gratification." Jodi Arias, Personal Blog, May 10, 2008.
THANKS!
Hmm same day as the blackmail sex tape!
HELLO!!

Well I really home that JM clears up all the confusion about today's first rebuttal. There are more questions than answers on the board about it and without question, the jury will be confused as well. Why did he use the Walmart receipt?

I doubt the jury is confused. They didn't ask any confused questions.

It's pretty simple. The Walmart was in Salinas. She said she went to a salon to get her nails done in Salinas. Those facts and the photo strongly imply she got her hair colored in Salinas that day.

What phone were the pics taken from?

It was taken from the second Helio phone.

I've been thinking that she ( Jodi) was holding that May 10 th sex tape over his head. Blackmail pure and simple. Love me or else Mimi hears all. Thus destroying any chance he would have (and it was slim at best already with Mimi) with marrying the woman he finally felt he had found (Mimi Hall) I think THAT'S the betrayal he's talking about. I also think the only way he would agree to see her when she called on her way down to murder, was I think she told him she was bringing the phone and she would delete in front of him or something to that effect possibly. This is just my opinion only. I DO NOT think it was a pregnancy , I think it was that sex recording that I'm sure he knew nothing about.

And at the same time Jodi Arias was interviewing other Mormon men. Perhaps not the most devout Mormons, but Mormons nevertheless in order to remake herself as the nice, pious, beyond reproach Mormon woman on the surface, and the same bat-poo crazy Jodi underneath. She had already learned the benefits of manipulating a relatively sexually inexperienced Mormon guy and she could be the happiest little wolf in the fold.

And Travis had something over her. He had friends, he had connections, he had standing in the community and he figured out she was an internally vacant shape shifter.

All things being equal, if she didn't think Travis Alexander could *advertiser censored* up that game, he might still be alive today. Discrediting him might have been the over-arching purpose of the sex tape and perhaps various other allegations festering in her head. When functionally destroying his ability to impede her didn't work, she had to step it up a bit. That vengeance was part of it might have just been gravy.

Well I really home that JM clears up all the confusion about today's first rebuttal. There are more questions than answers on the board about it and without question, the jury will be confused as well. Why did he use the Walmart receipt? What phone were the pics taken from? What was the point Was it only to show that her hair was a very dark brown or was there something else he was pointing out?

Bleh.

Pizzed me off.

moo

ETA - I think that in her braided hair "naughty" picture allegedly taken on June 4th on TA's bed her hair is lighter than on the June 3rd pics shown today.

Do you think maybe we're going to see someone from that salon come in and say she had her hair colored brown (along with, perhaps, some "enhancements in her pelvic area") at 2:00 that afternoon? And that she then purchased hair dye at Walmart after that to dye her hair back to a lighter color? Does anyone have a screen shot of the Walmart receipt to see what all she bought there? I know she bought sun screen, but was there anything else on the receipt that might have been a coloring kit? JM doesn't do anything without a reason. He's laying a foundation for something.

Just a thought.

In thread Day 52, Rebuttal, #159, Dr. Nick said at 2682:
All the psychologists in the world can't make a difference in this case if the jury understands what "reasonable doubt" means…. If JM is smart, and we know he is, he'll spend about 30 seconds on the psychological testimony in closing arguments, and his main point will be "who cares?"

^^^^^^^^^Post of the day, week, month, maybe the entire trial.^^^^^^^^^^

I listened to virtually every word and saw virtually every minute of DrSam, MsLaV,and DrJD on the stand. If I were a juror in deliberations trying to reach a verdict, common sense helps as much as or more than their conflicting Dx and explanations.

Easy to lose track of purported point of def. “expert witness” testimony, which was to enlighten jury as to Jodi’s state of mind to justify her self-defense actions/response as a battered woman, June 3, 2008.

Verdict = Guilty, 1st degree, if the jury understands what "reasonable doubt" means.
What Dr. N said:

You can dismiss the gun theft as a coincidence. You can even ignore the similarities between the gun that was stolen and the gun that was used in killing Travis. I suppose it's even possible that Travis would be silly enough to keep a gun and not have any ammunition. You start to falter when DB mentioned that her destination was Mesa and ALV mentioned the same thing (even though she claimed she misspoke). When you add in the gas cans and the lies that Jodi told, as well as the odd fact that her cell phone died and recovered in exactly the places it needed to so that her diversion to AZ was hidden, reasonable doubt about premeditation dissolves completely. The icing on the cake is Jodi's history of lying and the ridiculous story she concocted to explain TA's anger and how she managed to outrun him and still had time to retrieve, aim and fire a gun.

**************************And Dr. N, WELCOME TO W/S. :seeya:****************************

One more defense witness may just seal JA's fate...in the State's favor.

:D

MOO

ITA...in fact after the rebuttal case that juan has put on....its going to be laughable...after days of jodi's lies being exposed, why does the defense think another "expert" testifying to DV is going to be believable! :facepalm:

Jodi never "lost" the phone--it is the one she took the brunette pics on June 3 on her way in the rental car to murder Travis. She lied about losing the phone that had the sex tape on it so it would look like she had nothing to blackmail Travis with. She lied, hence her sad face today.

WOW.... I really now I am confused.

all along I really did think there were two phones. But it was just because Jodi Jodi Jodi said there were two phones! I think you might be on to something quick I did not think of and I think many folks here did not think of.

there was only one phone ....that she lied and said in her diary that she lost. But she never really lost it? how is it that I have missed the simple fact! all this time thinking there really were two phones.

Has the prosecution proved that there were two phones? I don't recall evidence as to the phones being two separate and distinct phones? when was this stated by the prosecutor?

any help to clarify my understanding would be appreciated based on what I'm thinking now based on this previous post?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I doubt the jury is confused. They didn't ask any confused questions.

It's pretty simple. The Walmart was in Salinas. She said she went to a salon to get her nails done in Salinas. Those facts and the photo strongly imply she got her hair colored in Salinas that day.

It was taken from the second Helio phone.
How do you know it was taken from a second Helios phone?

Not doubting but trying to understand.

One more defense witness may just seal JA's fate...in the State's favor.

:D

MOO

From a legal standpoint, I truly want to know why the judge would allow a THIRD witness in this area? I am pissed and baffled by this. :banghead::banghead:

Agree, there is a great difference. However, if it is not true that Travis had any affinity for that movie, then it is quite possible this new story is just another creation of JA's overly active imagination - taken in part from the discussions on Dr. Drew's previous shows.

MOO
it is no coincidence that the pics line up in a similar fashion.
JA got caught!
There are 2 taken from above her, and from different positions around the bed. There was nowhere to set a camera in that position for those photos.

Sure, he would let her in. She slashed his tires in December 2007, long before the killing, and he saw her many times after that. For whatever reason, he had a hard time refusing her.

Not from above in the way I mean. I mean like your BF in between your legs on his knees hovering over you snapping pics (plural) not just 1.

Yes there was all she had to do was move the chair.

jmo

"Cosmetic approach to your pelvic area" that is one phrase I will never forget. I wonder if Martinez coined that phrase himself.

WOW.... I really now I am confused.

all along I really did think there were two phones. But it was just because Jodi Jodi Jodi said there were two phones! I think you might be on to something quick I did not think of and I think many folks here did not think of.

there was only one phone ....that she lied and said in her diary that she lost. But she never really lost it? how is it that I have missed the simple fact! all this time thinking there really were two phones.

Has the prosecution proved that there were two phones? I don't recall evidence as to the phones being two separate and distinct phones? when was this stated by the prosecutor?

any help to clarify my understanding would be appreciated based on what I'm thinking now based on this previous post?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
You're as confused as many of us are and as the jury surely must be. I hope JM clears it up.

moo

hiya *waves*

i'm one of those lurkers that you all keep refering too...and today i'm taking the plunge. i was trying to catch up on the last thread, and wow you're already on page 11 in this one!!!!

i just had to bring this over from the previous thread, b/c i just about cried...

but in other news, i've really enjoyed reading your comments, and have a great deal of respect with the way discussions are held, ie. aiming the venom where it belongs!

looking forward to joining in!!!

Great to hear from you. :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

The very angry May 26 text from Travis was recovered from his phone, not hers, correct?

Thanks for your explanation. I tried to ask about it earlier but was drowned out by the HLN/National Enquirer hysteria. :facepalm:

Weren't the text messages/phone records were subpoenaed from the phone company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam